The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brainzistheword
Haha very funny :biggrin: thank you :smile:

Well done that's fantastic - you are superb! :smile:

Thank you & your fantastic in every way :smile: I wish i could meet you in real life, we would be great friends don't you think ? :biggrin::biggrin: Plus your a great person :smile: I'd love to meet you :biggrin::wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
UPDATE FOR 11/04/16

117 German vocab cards

46 Biology cards

32 chem cards

15 geog cards

5 ICT cards

Neat notes on Hardness of water

English terms and vocab

Typed booklet notes on: Prejudice and problems, Paul Robertson, How was prohibition enforced?, Supply and demand of prohibition, Corruption of prohibition, Why was prohibition ended?

Draft notes on: river landforms, river discharge, and population

Made wall diagrams for: Ox bow lakes, meanders cross profile and hydrographs

WOW WOW WOW WOW !!!!
You've done so much, this is great :smile: Especially the cards :biggrin: Keep this up
Everytime it says 'update' in bold that's all I can see but everyone always says you've done so much😂why can't I see the rest of the writing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's good to hear and it's fab to hear you've got it all worked out - I too wish you the best of luck :smile:

I always find it's better when there are only a few students in revision classes - it's easier to get on and ask questions if you need to :smile:

How have you got on with the chemsitry past paper ?

I did well I got 64/75 didn't check what grade and yhh I will do more often
:colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Today
Did a maths past paper- got an A*
Learned half of my French speaking exam
Checked my mock exam for English literature paper 1- got the results today and got A/A* which is higher than what I expected
Read Anita and Me- in the middle of chapter 2(a very long book!):colondollar:
Made a new time table as it was a mess

During school(break time and lunch time)
Revised through my maths flash cards
Ict- connectivity and home networks
Anita and Me- social historical context and overview of the whole book
Original post by typicalstudent1
Everytime it says 'update' in bold that's all I can see but everyone always says you've done so much😂why can't I see the rest of the writing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's because you're using mobile. It says the same thing on mine as well. You have to click reply and it all shows up in the quote.
today - managed to do my theme paragraphs for my third essay.

received an email from my English teacher, saying how she wasn't going to look at the second essay until I make sure it isn't over word limit. basically got approx 2000 words to cut -_- going to have a go at doing that tomorrow, wish me luck haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sahra30013
Today
Did a maths past paper- got an A*
Learned half of my French speaking exam
Checked my mock exam for English literature paper 1- got the results today and got A/A* which is higher than what I expected
Read Anita and Me- in the middle of chapter 2(a very long book!):colondollar:
Made a new time table as it was a mess

During school(break time and lunch time)
Revised through my maths flash cards
Ict- connectivity and home networks
Anita and Me- social historical context and overview of the whole book

WELL DONE WOW you've done so much even though you have school ...
Keep up the hard work :smile:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn

received an email from my English teacher, saying how she wasn't going to look at the second essay until I make sure it isn't over word limit. basically got approx 2000 words to cut -_- going to have a go at doing that tomorrow, wish me luck haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that's sad but hey it's really informative and it's amazing so even though you cut the words out you'd get an amazing grade :smile: (fingers crossed)
Original post by nisha.sri
WOW WOW WOW WOW !!!!
You've done so much, this is great :smile: Especially the cards :biggrin: Keep this up

Haha not as much as I'd have liked, considering I spent most of the day out and about but still pleased I got to do a little :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As mentioned before, try looking on a computer rather than mobile device :smile:
Original post by ellamoon_22
I did well I got 64/75 didn't check what grade and yhh I will do more often
:colondollar:

well done that's a great score and past papers are going to be a focus of mine too from now on :smile:

Original post by hannahrobinsxn

Good luck :smile:
Hey guys,
A really quick question, Is it possible for me to get an A* in biology if my C.A is an A - C.A =25% , Unit 1 =25% , Unit 2= 25% , Unit 3= 25%
I'm just really worried :redface:
Hey guys,
A really quick question, Is it possible for me to get an A* in biology if my C.A is an A - C.A =25% , Unit 1 =25% , Unit 2= 25% , Unit 3= 25%

yes.
Hey guys,

Yep defo, are you with edexcel??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you & your fantastic in every way :smile: I wish i could meet you in real life, we would be great friends don't you think ? :biggrin::biggrin: Plus your a great person :smile: I'd love to meet you :biggrin::wink:

We certainly get on very well :biggrin: and you're fantastic too - very committed :smile:

Hey guys,

Yeah it is - don't worry :smile:
i came across this thread about a week ago and i've read through every post and finally caught up. i find your dedication truly inspiring and i wish i could match up. i am looking for 5 a*s; biology,chemistry, physics, maths and geography. i got a*'s for them in the mocks but the grades were not very secure (nothing like the marks you're getting!). there isn't much time left and i'm freaking out. im doing the same science as you and im really struggling. any advice? thanks in advance
Original post by Phoebe2108
i came across this thread about a week ago and i've read through every post and finally caught up. i find your dedication truly inspiring and i wish i could match up. i am looking for 5 a*s; biology,chemistry, physics, maths and geography. i got a*'s for them in the mocks but the grades were not very secure (nothing like the marks you're getting!). there isn't much time left and i'm freaking out. im doing the same science as you and im really struggling. any advice? thanks in advance

WOW! You've read every page?! That is amazing, there are so many. Honestly - don't worry and I know it is easier said than done, but take time to plan out what you feel you need to do and work your way through methodically. I have flashcards for the sciences which is one of my main ways of revising - feel free to use them :smile:

Well done on your mock grades by the way, very impressive and take these to work out where you still have weaknesses, then focus on these. Are there any subjects in particular which you struggle with or need help on?

Let me know and I'll help you wheerver possible :smile:
WOW! You've read every page?! That is amazing, there are so many. Honestly - don't worry and I know it is easier said than done, but take time to plan out what you feel you need to do and work your way through methodically. I have flashcards for the sciences which is one of my main ways of revising - feel free to use them :smile:

Well done on your mock grades by the way, very impressive and take these to work out where you still have weaknesses, then focus on these. Are there any subjects in particular which you struggle with or need help on?

Let me know and I'll help you wheerver possible :smile:

thanks so much! i think my main area of weakness is the 5 an 6 modules because we've had to self teach them in science ;( ive had a look at the flashcards and they seem great! thanks for creating them as im sure theyll help a lot of people out
Original post by Phoebe2108
thanks so much! i think my main area of weakness is the 5 an 6 modules because we've had to self teach them in science ;( ive had a look at the flashcards and they seem great! thanks for creating them as im sure theyll help a lot of people out

Oh you've had to self teach - that must have been tricky as there are some big concepts to learn - but a huge well done for doing that. For sciences I usually make a page of notes from the revision guide and make diagrams from it so it is easier to remember. Mind maps might be a good idea and, although I haven't tried it myself, there may be some useful YouTube channels which might help explain some of the later modules to you. After that, I would highly recommend doing as many past papers as you can find :smile:
We certainly get on very well :biggrin: and you're fantastic too - very committed :smile:

Yeah it is - don't worry :smile:

Haha thank you :smile:
Ok :smile:
Yep defo, are you with edexcel??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thank you and no aqa :smile: you

Original post by richpanda
yes.

(edited 8 years ago)
so I got really stressed out today, so just decided to leave work until tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending