The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brainzistheword
Yeah it's whatever works best for you and if that makes you more productive then it is probably for the best :smile:

Well done - and I have the IT OCR national as my first exam and we've only just been told what the exam is based on so I have to start revising too :biggrin:

Really well done and good luck with the weekend revision I'm sure you'll ace it :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: I hope :tongue:
UPDATE FOR 15/04/16
Well most of my day was taken up by interview (4 hours) and then a family meal

So I only managed to do a few Q Cards

21 German

15 Geography

But tomorrow I should hopefully get back on track :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey guys :smile:
UPDATE 15/04/16

The weekends are coming so i'm going to do loads of revision without procrastinating :biggrin: WEEKEND :angel:- so much revision

1.Maths past paper questions
2.Biology 1 marked - A*
3. Started biology Unit 2 past paper questions
4.Psychology Topic A questions finished + Psychology Topic B questions started
6. Marked French reading paper - 38/40 & 35/40 ( silly mistakes :frown: but i will deffo improve on those)
7. Physics Unit 3 - Hydraulics, Circular motion, Pendulum

Wow!! How on earth do you get so much done on a school day? When I come home from school I never feel like doing anything!
UPDATE FOR 15/04/16

21 German

15 Geography

Wow that's a long interview...what was it for? Did it go well?
Original post by NiamhM1801
Wow!! How on earth do you get so much done on a school day? When I come home from school I never feel like doing anything!

I do some before school and i usually just knuckle down to do loads because time is running :biggrin: Thank you though :tongue:
Wow that's a long interview...what was it for? Did it go well?

It was for an engineering apprenticeship and I find out in a few weeks, I think it went well though :smile:
I do some before school and i usually just knuckle down to do loads because time is running :biggrin: Thank you though :tongue:

Yeah...I've considered revising before school but since I have to leave at 7:25am I'd have to wake up at like 5:30...NO THANK YOU :laugh:
I'm back at school on Monday so hopefully I'll still have some motivation left when I get home as it'll be 4 weeks then! :eek4:
And you're welcome :smile:
UPDATE FOR 15/04/16

21 German

15 Geography

WOW! That interview is so long Jesus Christ how was it? At least you had time off revision and it's nice to have some time off :smile: Well done though :biggrin:
It was for an engineering apprenticeship and I find out in a few weeks, I think it went well though :smile:

Oh nice! I hope they liked you and you get a place :smile:
Yeah...I've considered revising before school but since I have to leave at 7:25am I'd have to wake up at like 5:30...NO THANK YOU :laugh:
I'm back at school on Monday so hopefully I'll still have some motivation left when I get home as it'll be 4 weeks then! :eek4:
And you're welcome :smile:

Oh ok :smile: Lol i agree :biggrin: ooh great and yes when i went back to school all i could heard was 6 weeks or 5 weeks exam exams!!
Oh ok :smile: Lol i agree :biggrin: ooh great and yes when i went back to school all i could heard was 6 weeks or 5 weeks exam exams!!

Ah I know I can tell our teachers will be like that! The only thing that's worrying me is I have 19 'proper' school days left and we haven't even finished learning content yet! :eek3:
I'm curious - when do you guys all get study leave? We seem to be getting it very early (13th May) as its before exams even begin! :smile:
Ah I know I can tell our teachers will be like that! The only thing that's worrying me is I have 19 'proper' school days left and we haven't even finished learning content yet! :eek3:

Haha :smile: Aw for science? I mean you could try teaching yourself if it works - with a textbook and videos on youtube or even someone could explain it to you like someone older than you etc. To be honest i am THE worst person to ever meet when it comes to explaining especially for maths. Tbh i get really annoyed when someone doesn't understand something so easy like factorising in YEAR 11. :angry:
I will literally call them dumb - Yes i am that bad :smile: I just don't understand though
I'm curious - when do you guys all get study leave? We seem to be getting it very early (13th May) as its before exams even begin! :smile:

I don't think we even get one :frown: I'm not sure though but i really really want one
Hope we do , i might ask my teachers :redface:
Haha :smile: Aw for science? I mean you could try teaching yourself if it works - with a textbook and videos on youtube or even someone could explain it to you like someone older than you etc. To be honest i am THE worst person to ever meet when it comes to explaining especially for maths. Tbh i get really annoyed when someone doesn't understand something so easy like factorising in YEAR 11. :angry:
I will literally call them dumb - Yes i am that bad :smile: I just don't understand though

Yeah it is mainly science - I've made notes on most topics but some of them don't really make sense - I'll try the YouTube thing though and hope that works!
And I'm literally the same with people not understanding concepts that are so basic to me - which is so so bad as my ideal job is a maths teacher!! I am however learning to stay calm and explain things in a way people can understand (and not resorting to laughing or shouting at them anymore :colone:) as I get asked for help a lot in lessons
I don't think we even get one :frown: I'm not sure though but i really really want one
Hope we do , i might ask my teachers :redface:

Aw, it's a shame if you don't get it - I'm relying on it personally.
Definitely speak to your teachers about it, you might just persuade them :wink:
Yeah it is mainly science - I've made notes on most topics but some of them don't really make sense - I'll try the YouTube thing though and hope that works!
And I'm literally the same with people not understanding concepts that are so basic to me - which is so so bad as my ideal job is a maths teacher!! I am however learning to stay calm and explain things in a way people can understand (and not resorting to laughing or shouting at them anymore :colone:) as I get asked for help a lot in lessons

Ok :smile:
Haha Ikr but yeah same, sometimes people do understand but if it's someone who doesn't understand like 12^2 - I don't even what to say though
Omg same i will end up laughing though because i laugh too much lol but now i am trying not to :biggrin::biggrin:
Ok :smile:
Haha Ikr but yeah same, sometimes people do understand but if it's someone who doesn't understand like 12^2 - I don't even what to say though
Omg same i will end up laughing though because i laugh too much lol but now i am trying not to :biggrin::biggrin:

I know I'm sooo bad for laughing! :s-smilie: But admittedly sometimes they do deserve it (once the boy who sits next to me drew out the graph of y=cosx for a really easy multiple choice question and I couldn't help myself :laugh:)

So lucky! We're getting it on the 27th May. After we complete half of our exams:frown:
So today I went out and didn't get to do much revision. I only managed to revise a bit of RE( exactly a month left before my RE exam!).
However, I did do some revision at school so I guess that's alright.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending