The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Don't you fall asleep? Is this in the weekends too ?

No I usualky never fall asleep in classes I think breakfast helps and drinking a lot of water to keep me up. On the weekends Its more chill so I'll wake up at like 10 or even 11am. I dont do much on weekends just go to the library sometines for like 2 hours. Or do a maths past paper, biology or english
Original post by sahra30013
So lucky! We're getting it on the 27th May. After we complete half of our exams:frown:

We dont get study leave which could be good because we will be more focused but study leave wuld be nice. Apparently my year is really relaxed and teachers r concered tht we are too laid bck with the gcses. Well most of my year hve accepted tht they will fail their words not mine
Original post by ellamoon_22
We dont get study leave which could be good because we will be more focused but study leave wuld be nice. Apparently my year is really relaxed and teachers r concered tht we are too laid bck with the gcses. Well most of my year hve accepted tht they will fail their words not mine

You're right. Personally, I prefere revising at home and having a whole day to do this rather than going to school. :biggrin:We've learned most of the content anyway. Also, my year is also so laid back and here I am stressing so much. I wish I can be as calm as them sometimes.:smile:
How's revision though?
So lucky! We're getting it on the 27th May. After we complete half of our exams:frown:

Ouch...unlucky. Do you find you revise well at school? I don't - so I'm really glad we get early study leave! :tongue:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Oh nice! I hope they liked you and you get a place :smile:

Thank you :smile:

I'm curious - when do you guys all get study leave? We seem to be getting it very early (13th May) as its before exams even begin! :smile:

Well my last exam is 22nd June and I don't think we get leave until 6th June :frown:
So today I went out and didn't get to do much revision. I only managed to revise a bit of RE( exactly a month left before my RE exam!).
However, I did do some revision at school so I guess that's alright.:smile:

Every little bit counts - so well done :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Well my last exam is 22nd June and I don't think we get leave until 6th June :frown:

Aw that's a shame :frown: however you'll do amazingly well regardless of study leave :tongue:
Aw that's a shame :frown: however you'll do amazingly well regardless of study leave :tongue:

Haha hopefully but it would have been nice, I hate revising at school and prefer it at home like yourself :smile:
How much do you guys revise a day ? :biggrin: I'm very curious.
I'm only in year 9 though but I just wanted to see how much you guys revise?
You all seem to be pretty clever
Thank you :smile:

Same my last exam is on the 27th and we just get the half term on 6th June :frown:
Also, do you have any predictions for the OMAM in unit 1
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mayu123
How much do you guys revise a day ? :biggrin: I'm very curious.
I'm only in year 9 though but I just wanted to see how much you guys revise?
You all seem to be pretty clever

Hi again,

I used to spend around 6 hours in holidays and 3-4 on school nights but I am hoping to cut down the hours I revise from now on :smile:
Ouch...unlucky. Do you find you revise well at school? I don't - so I'm really glad we get early study leave! :tongue:

To be honest, I can't revise at school so I'm stuck at school till then:frown:
Every little bit counts - so well done :smile:

Thank you:smile:
Same my last exam is on the 27th and we just get the half term on 6th June :frown:
Also, do you have any predictions for the OMAM in unit 1

What do you mean by predictions?
What do you mean by predictions?

I mean like what do you think the question would be?
I mean like what do you think the question would be?

Ah right, I thought you did - I wouldn't have a clue and I prefer not to go in with preconceptions as it might mean you disregard some other parts of revision

You could always ask your teachers as they have a better idea of what sorts of things come up :smile:
Ah right, I thought you did - I wouldn't have a clue and I prefer not to go in with preconceptions as it might mean you disregard some other parts of revision

You could always ask your teachers as they have a better idea of what sorts of things come up :smile:

Oh ok it's not that i don't want to revise for English Lit although i don't know how to revise for it except from past paper questions. I mean i will revise everything for sure but i just wanted to know if you knew because everyone seems to be predicting things for exams which may be wrong :smile: but thank you :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh ok it's not that i don't want to revise for English Lit although i don't know how to revise for it except from past paper questions. I mean i will revise everything for sure but i just wanted to know if you knew because everyone seems to be predicting things for exams which may be wrong :smile: but thank you :smile:

Of course I'm sure you will revise, as you are so committed :smile:

I've never been any good at guessing questions so it would be best if you asked teachers as they can see patterns easier than us, especially if they have lots of experience :smile:
Of course I'm sure you will revise, as you are so committed :smile:

I've never been any good at guessing questions so it would be best if you asked teachers as they can see patterns easier than us, especially if they have lots of experience :smile:

Aw thank you :smile:
Yeah maybe, also i cannot get over the fact that my English teacher went to oxford and she works at a state school :eek: when she could do something else and earn so much money but i would never want her to leave - she is THE best but she would have been better if my class was dedicated to learning - which they aren't but when it comes to exams it's all high grade :s-smilie:
Aw thank you :smile:
Yeah maybe, also i cannot get over the fact that my English teacher went to oxford and she works at a state school :eek: when she could do something else and earn so much money but i would never want her to leave - she is THE best but she would have been better if my class was dedicated to learning - which they aren't but when it comes to exams it's all high grade :s-smilie:

I wish I had an English teacher like that, mine is RUBBISH, we all just teach ourselves

My geography teacher went to Oxford I think, and I go to a state school too :smile: it's funny that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending