The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Today, I went back to school - yey.
Got my year ten exam timetable and revision lists.
Tonight I began revising.
I have begun with 'Biology-Plant Biology' - have a test on that next week also.
Managed to revise:
-Gas exchange.
-How leaves are adapted to gas exchange.
-Structure of flower and functions.
-Pollination.

(I made 20 flashcards.)

Also reviewed work for three of my friends, which helped improve my skills in regards to proofreading. It took way longer than expected. I am happy to review work for anyone (if they would like me to!)

Well done you've done a lot :biggrin:
Original post by nisha.sri
UPDATE 18/04/16
Not much done because of school :wink: but i still got something done - which is good ( i guess)
28 days remaining till my first exam :redface:

1. Psychology - Hobson & McCarley evaluation + Case study , Gestalt & Gregory
2. French past paper done and marked - 33/40 A* - just hit the A* which means that i need to work harder on vocab
3. Physics 1 - Electromagnet Spectrum, Doppler Effect, Red shift,
4. English Language - Essay started + Language question done

Well done today :smile:

At least you had time off from revising :wink: Well done though

Yes, it was a very good day out, I'll get back into my rhythm soon :wink:

Today, I went back to school - yey.
Got my year ten exam timetable and revision lists.
Tonight I began revising.
I have begun with 'Biology-Plant Biology' - have a test on that next week also.
Managed to revise:
-Gas exchange.
-How leaves are adapted to gas exchange.
-Structure of flower and functions.
-Pollination.

(I made 20 flashcards.)

Also reviewed work for three of my friends, which helped improve my skills in regards to proofreading. It took way longer than expected. I am happy to review work for anyone (if they would like me to!)

Well done and good luck :smile:

Original post by sahra30013
Update 18/04/2016
I didn't managed to do that much today because I had to stay in school to finish my coursework.
I've done:-
P3 and B4- looked at common mistakes and read the specification for B3
Maths- cones and spheres, negative enlargement
French listening past paper- 27/40 which is disappointing. Looked at mistakes
A Christmas carol stave 1 revised in the morning
ICT- review on impact on organisations and home entertainment

well done also - and don't worry about the French paper, just learn from it :biggrin:

It's okay. It's important that you rest! Good thing that you are planning! Spend your holiday well and I'm sure you will still do a lot:smile:

Hopefully, as time is running out quickly now :biggrin:
Update 19/04/16 :
From today i want to focus for my mocks although some are this week and some are the next however i don't want to focus on them the whole time :biggrin:
Not much done today because i was focusing for my Physics & Psychology mock tomorrow :smile:

1. Physics 1 :
- Read over 28 pages of notes
- looked through 5 past papers that has already been attempted

2. Psychology 1 :
- Hobson & McCarley,
-Case studies, Gregory & Gestalt
- read over 10 flashcards
-Topic B weaknesses
- looked over 1 past paper ( mainly because i'm confident about the unit )

3. English language - essay marked
(edited 8 years ago)
agh I have about 900 points in specification to revise in 30 days - along with coursework! am freaking out slightly, have got to achieve in the end of year tens...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 19/04/16 :
From today i want to focus for my mocks although some are this week and some are the next however i don't want to focus on them the whole time :biggrin:
Not much done today because i was focusing for my Physics & Psychology mock tomorrow :smile:

1. Physics 1 :

2. Psychology 1 :
- Hobson & McCarley,
-Topic B weaknesses

Another huge well done for all this, and good luck in the mocks :smile:

agh I have about 900 points in specification to revise in 30 days - along with coursework! am freaking out slightly, have got to achieve in the end of year tens...

Take a deep breath, plan your time and ace it - good luck :biggrin:
UPDATE FOR 19/04/16
Again, not as much as planned, but tomorrow I should be able to get on with very few distractions :smile:

178 German Vocab cards

15 Biology Q cards

15 Chemistry Q Cards

Made 24 cards about Maldives

Typed notes about Maldives

Typed notes on Indonesia TMP

History notes on The Roaring Twenties, Cinema, Sport and Growing Cities

Took notes on Whit, Carlson and Boss in OMAM

So yeah, been focuses on coursework as the deadline is on Friday.:frown: I have only managed to do(at home and school)

History- notes in Early modern England, the Renaissance, Andreas Vesailius and William Harvy, specifically on cause and treatment. Also reviewed the Germany topic.
RE- past past questions a to c on World Peace and Human rights
Maths- got my mocks back and achieved 93% A*- my highest score yet!:tongue: Looked at weakness which was mainly silly mistakes
Physics revision- past past questions
English language - unit 1 practice

Hopefully, I'll finish my coursework by Thursday
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 19/04/16
Again, not as much as planned, but tomorrow I should be able to get on with very few distractions :smile:

178 German Vocab cards

15 Biology Q cards

15 Chemistry Q Cards

Nice! Well done and keep up the good work! :smile:Remember, at least you did something!
I tend to use a lot of exclamation marks don't I?:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No need to worry! Remember to relax- it's not good to stress as this would affect your performance:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Update 19/04/16 :

1. Physics 1 :

2. Psychology 1 :
- Hobson & McCarley,
-Topic B weaknesses

Good luck with your mocks! I'm sure you will do well! Keep up the good work :smile:
Nice! Well done and keep up the good work! :smile:Remember, at least you did something!
I tend to use a lot of exclamation marks don't I?:colondollar:

Haha I suppose you do (it's not a bad thing though :biggrin:) And yeah I guess so, I have to up my game soon though :smile:

So yeah, been focuses on coursework as the deadline is on Friday.:frown: I have only managed to do(at home and school)

History- notes in Early modern England, the Renaissance, Andreas Vesailius and William Harvy, specifically on cause and treatment. Also reviewed the Germany topic.
Maths- got my mocks back and achieved 93% A*- my highest score yet!:tongue: Looked at weakness which was mainly silly mistakes

You've done so much, and congrats in Maths 93% is fantastic :biggrin: You should be really proud :smile:
Good luck with your mocks! I'm sure you will do well! Keep up the good work :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Another huge well done for all this, and good luck in the mocks :smile:

Take a deep breath, plan your time and ace it - good luck :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:

UPDATE FOR 19/04/16

178 German Vocab cards

15 Biology Q cards

15 Chemistry Q Cards

WOW well done :smile:

Well done :smile: and very well done on the mock :biggrin:
Hey guys,

I just got that sample photo of the one where you all stand in rows that ascend. The end of year 11 photo. However, everyone looks weird in the sample given. It's from the photography company. Everyone's mouth is open and some people have their eyes closed. I look ok but not my best and I know I looked better in the other photo that they had taken. The sample photo states that:

'The Proof is only a guide.'

Does this mean that this is only for reference and is not the one they are going to provide after purchase ? It would make sense since everyone would just expand the sample and not bother to purchase the one from the company.

By the way, my revision in going great. I just haven't updated you guys because I've been so busy due to rehearsals for my Drama exam. It's next week. I've been coming in at around 7 because of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Hey guys,

I just got that sample photo of the one where you all stand in rows that ascend. The end of year 11 photo. However, everyone looks weird in the sample given. It's from the photography company. Everyone's mouth is open and some people have their eyes closed. I look ok but not my best and I know I looked better in the other photo that they had taken. The sample photo states that:

Does this mean that this is only for reference and is not the one they are going to provide after purchase ? It would make sense since everyone would just expand the sample and not bother to purchase the one from the company.

By the way, my revision in going great. I just haven't updated you guys because I've been so busy due to rehearsals for my Drama exam. It's next week. I've been coming in at around 7 because of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey there,
Good to hear back from you :smile: I've also had that photo done and it was last week. Wow i can't believe that everyone looks crazy lol. Tbh i don't have a clue i'm sorry i was no use :frown:
Good luck for the drama exam for next week :smile:
Hey there,
Good to hear back from you :smile: I've also had that photo done and it was last week. Wow i can't believe that everyone looks crazy lol. Tbh i don't have a clue i'm sorry i was no use :frown:
Good luck for the drama exam for next week :smile:

Thanks. Not everyone looks weird. However, the majority of them do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys,

By the way, my revision in going great. I just haven't updated you guys because I've been so busy due to rehearsals for my Drama exam. It's next week. I've been coming in at around 7 because of that

Hey again - long time no speak :smile:

I think the thing it states is probably an attempt to stop people expanding the sample, so that they actually order. And I hope everything is going well with revision and rehearsals - good luck for it next week and let us know how you get on :biggrin:

If you have time after you've done your drama next week you could always update us with what you've been up to, if you like :smile:

Once again good luck :smile:

(I had my photo taken at the start of Year 11 - strange)
Hey again - long time no speak :smile:

I think the thing it states is probably an attempt to stop people expanding the sample, so that they actually order. And I hope everything is going well with revision and rehearsals - good luck for it next week and let us know how you get on :biggrin:

If you have time after you've done your drama next week you could always update us with what you've been up to, if you like :smile:

Once again good luck :smile:

(I had my photo taken at the start of Year 11 - strange)

So the sample is one of many shots that they take and is not the exact one that will be provided ?

Yes, I will definitely update you guys after the exam.

Thanks. I wish you guys the best of luck as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So the sample is one of many shots that they take and is not the exact one that will be provided ?

Yes, I will definitely update you guys after the exam.

Thanks. I wish you guys the best of luck as well.

More than likely yes, but there is no guarantee if they are all like the sample with eyes closed/mouths open etc

If I were you I'd try ringing the company or checking with the school :smile:
Hey guys :smile:
UPDATE 20/04/16:
Today has been a really good day mainly because of the beautiful weather :smile: I've also done my Physics and Psychology mock today and it was good, hopefully i can get a really good grade. I seriously hate the fact that people actually bother cheating in exams, it frustrates me so much but there is no harm done to me. Tbh it's their own fault for cheating :biggrin: Good luck to them in the actual exam :wink:

1.Physics 1 - Waves Review
2. Maths A* questions + more questions
3.Chemistry 3 - Haber process
4.English language essay completed
5. Biology past paper finished
6.Chemistry 1 - Video on metals
7. Chemistry 1 past paper
(edited 8 years ago)
More than likely yes, but there is no guarantee if they are all like the sample with eyes closed/mouths open etc

If I were you I'd try ringing the company or checking with the school :smile:

I'll just wait for them to frame the photo on the wall and then I'll know what I'll get when I purchase it. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending