The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blackforce
Greetings Richard from Kenya.It implies that if one offer holder turns down the scholarship from any given university,the chance is given to a reserve candidate based on the order they r in from the school reserve list.from my understanding

Thanks for the reply. Is there really hope or we just need to forget?
Original post by Richard Lee
KUCHIKAU - You havent said about Leicester an US Wales

email them to know your status.
What is the next stage

pray so that some persons decline their nomination.
Original post by Garima Gupta
Do you know what it is ?

not really
Original post by blackforce
Greetings Richard from Kenya.It implies that if one offer holder turns down the scholarship from any given university,the chance is given to a reserve candidate based on the order they r in from the school reserve list.from my understanding

your understanding is TRUE.
Original post by Teeyamz
I guess reserves ar also call upon dependin on D course for wc was turned down. just presuming

more likely

to be honest, its a 50:50 thing
Hello all!

This thread has been very insightful. I have finally decided to join in on the fun. I applied to eight schools for the Scholarship and have already been refused by four - Westminster, Goldsmiths, Warwick and Newcastle. The refusals really got me down and I have been feeling quite discouraged this past week. This evening, to my surprise, I saw that the Agency Input section for my University of Exeter application was completed with positive responses. My application is still "With Nominating Agency 1" however. I am hoping and praying that this will come through and that I will be one of the chosen few.
Original post by fembas
Interesting!, I am from osun state...but am based in Port Harcourt. We have to talk better bro.

Congratulations to @pompey4 . I am really happy for you. I am also from Ekiti state, Nigeria.
Original post by Mustapha_
Rejected Bath and QUB nominations.
I hope this increases the odds for those in the reserve list in the same universities...I took Kuchikau advice and deed the needful.

Dear Mustapha,
God bless you immensely for rejecting the Bath offer. I have been waiting patiently for one of the two nominated applicants to decline their offer when I stumbled on this forum and your post. I was placed on the reserve list about a week ago and you just made my day with this post.
Below is my reserve list notification. Guess I'd have to mail the school for any updates as regards my nominations and keep my fingers crossed. God bless you Bro

"The applications for the University of Bath Commonwealth Shared Scholarships have all been considered and a decision has been made. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to nominate you for the Scholarship, however your application was particularly strong, and amongst the best that we received, so you should know that you have been placed at the top of our reserve list. Should one of our two nominees withdraw, you will be the first person that we contact.I realise that this is not the news that you had hoped for, but you should take heart from the fact that your application was ranked 3rd out of the 445 applications we received. Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you have any questions. Best wishes Simon"
Encouraging please if someone holds more than one nominations. Make a quick decision to assist your friends
A friend got this email:

Re: Reserve nomination for a Shared Scholarship to study MSc Public Health Health Promotion at Leeds Beckett University I am writing to inform you that you are being considered as a reserve candidate for a possible scholarship for the above course. Being on a reserve list means you have been recommended as suitable candidate for the scholarship however, you are not the universities first choice due to the high calibre of applicants. Therefore if the scholarship becomes available you will then be considered. Please note this does not guarantee you will be awarded the scholarship. The Admissions Tutor and Scholarship Coordinator reviewed your file, and your name has been sent to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) as a reserve for the Shared Scholarship Scheme who will make the final decision about which students will be awarded the scholarship. When the decision has been made, CSC will contact the University and we will inform the candidates of the outcome. In the meantime, it is essential you continue to search for alternative sources of funding, in case you are not successful in gaining the CSC scholarship. Congratulations on achieving your reserve nomination for a shared scholarship. Yours sincerely, International OfficeLeeds Beckett University
Pray on it dea and have faith
Original post by kuchikau
your understanding is TRUE.

@Kukichau kindly share your breakfast.ur way too funny.Bet i stay on thread to tyms read what you had to say next.
Anybodywith two offers together with the University of Leicester to relinquish theLeicester one for a Reserve Candidate please? or the Portsmouth one for aReserve Candidate. That is a sure way to assist one another
HI everyone...
One more day to go...Success to you'all
Reply 756
Original post by Phoenix9653
Congratulations to @pompey4 . I am really happy for you. I am also from Ekiti state, Nigeria.

Nice @Pheonix9653. Fountain of knowledge things. lol
Reply 757
Dear Mustapha,
God bless you immensely for rejecting the Bath offer. I have been waiting patiently for one of the two nominated applicants to decline their offer when I stumbled on this forum and your post. I was placed on the reserve list about a week ago and you just made my day with this post.
Below is my reserve list notification. Guess I'd have to mail the school for any updates as regards my nominations and keep my fingers crossed. God bless you Bro

"The applications for the University of Bath Commonwealth Shared Scholarships have all been considered and a decision has been made. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to nominate you for the Scholarship, however your application was particularly strong, and amongst the best that we received, so you should know that you have been placed at the top of our reserve list. Should one of our two nominees withdraw, you will be the first person that we contact.I realise that this is not the news that you had hoped for, but you should take heart from the fact that your application was ranked 3rd out of the 445 applications we received. Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you have any questions. Best wishes Simon"[/QU
Wow. This is a great news. Congrats phoenix. Am sure u will get it since you are the third choice. Mustapha, thank you for this. Please if anyone is a reserve at Kent or Warwick please let me know asap. Thanks.
[QUOTE="Pompey4;64442603"]
Dear Mustapha,

"The applications for the University of Bath Commonwealth Shared Scholarships have all been considered and a decision has been made. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to nominate you for the Scholarship, however your application was particularly strong, and amongst the best that we received, so you should know that you have been placed at the top of our reserve list. Should one of our two nominees withdraw, you will be the first person that we contact.I realise that this is not the news that you had hoped for, but you should take heart from the fact that your application was ranked 3rd out of the 445 applications we received. Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you have any questions. Best wishes Simon"[/QU
Wow. This is a great news. Congrats phoenix. Am sure u will get it since you are the third choice. Mustapha, thank you for this. Please if anyone is a reserve at Kent or Warwick please let me know asap. Thanks.

This is Quite honest. Kindly assist others
Dear Mustapha,

"The applications for the University of Bath Commonwealth Shared Scholarships have all been considered and a decision has been made. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to nominate you for the Scholarship, however your application was particularly strong, and amongst the best that we received, so you should know that you have been placed at the top of our reserve list. Should one of our two nominees withdraw, you will be the first person that we contact.I realise that this is not the news that you had hoped for, but you should take heart from the fact that your application was ranked 3rd out of the 445 applications we received. Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you have any questions. Best wishes Simon"

We are in this together...Let's hope for the best Bro.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending