The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
French is making me cry. How do you guys revise for French listening and Reading? My Coursework totals up to a high A after moderation. I'm cool with that due to the fact that French is one of my weaker subjects and I don't particularly like it.

Past papers - mark them and then note all new vocab :smile: That's what works for me :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Past papers - mark them and then note all new vocab :smile: That's what works for me :smile:

I'm trying that now. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
French is making me cry. How do you guys revise for French listening and Reading? My Coursework totals up to a high A after moderation. I'm cool with that due to the fact that French is one of my weaker subjects and I don't particularly like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you got all the apps? i.e Memrise, Duolingo, Quizlet etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE 29/04/16
I've had mocks for all my lessons today - how tiring :redface: Not much done today !!
1. French C.A
2.Maths past paper
3. B2 paper marked and started C1 paper
4. Chemistry 1 - Metals Extraction,Steels, Aluminium & Titanium
Original post by lilacpotato
Have you got all the apps? i.e Memrise, Duolingo, Quizlet etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which one would you recommend? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
UPDATE 29/04/16
I've had mocks for all my lessons today - how tiring :redface: Not much done today !!
1. French C.A
2.Maths past paper
3. B2 paper marked and started C1 paper
4. Chemistry 1 - Metals Extraction,Steels, Aluminium & Titanium

Well done and I hope the mocks went well :smile:

I know it wasn't directed at me but I would personally recommend Quizlet - however, if you signed up to this https://www.brainscape.com/packs/4069093/invitation?referrer=1904487 you can not only make your own cards with vocab you want, but there are also sets someone has made from the courses on Duolingo, so I guess it's the best of both worlds :smile:
UPDATE FOR 29/04/16

So did lots but it's not the kind of stuff to be specific about if that makes sense:

Revised ICT booklet and made Q cards

Revised B1

History USA Economic boom

Physics 2 modules of past paper

30 German cards

8 Japan Tsunami

6 milestones reached in flashcards for Geog

Well done and I hope the mocks went well :smile:

I know it wasn't directed at me but I would personally recommend Quizlet - however, if you signed up to this https://www.brainscape.com/packs/4069093/invitation?referrer=1904487 you can not only make your own cards with vocab you want, but there are also sets someone has made from the courses on Duolingo, so I guess it's the best of both worlds :smile:

Thank you and yep it did :smile:
UPDATE FOR 29/04/16
So did lots but it's not the kind of stuff to be specific about if that makes sense:

Revised ICT booklet and made Q cards

Revised B1

History USA Economic boom

Physics 2 modules of past paper

30 German cards

8 Japan Tsunami

6 milestones reached in flashcards for Geog

Very well done do you update in the mornings now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, for the short term, Memrise is probably your best bet because you can specifically choose to do a course with the GCSE vocab.
Duolingo is great for learning the language but it may take a bit of time to get up to the level needed for GCSE.
Quizlet is good because there are lots of sets with GCSE vocab but I think Memrise is a bit more fun!
Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for both of your responses. I will be trying both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE 28/04/16

90 German cards

7 Yachana Eco Lodge

15 Transmigration

Case studies

C6 topics

ICT booklet pages and Q Cards

Hi,

How do you revise like how long then do you take a break?What is your motivation
Original post by nisha.sri
Very well done do you update in the mornings now?

Thank you and not particularly - it's just that things have come up in the evening so I have had very little time. I'm going to hopefully try and get back into updating at night :smile:

Original post by malaikaxx
Hi,

How do you revise like how long then do you take a break?What is your motivation

I revise generally in 20-minute chunks and then take a break but now I am starting to do past papers so I will do a paper, amrk it and then take a break :smile:
As for motivation, I like studying anyways but it is also good to think about how you will feel on results day - plus I want to be able to say I have no regrets in the way I handled GCSEs
Thank you and not particularly - it's just that things have come up in the evening so I have had very little time. I'm going to hopefully try and get back into updating at night :smile:

I revise generally in 20-minute chunks and then take a break but now I am starting to do past papers so I will do a paper, amrk it and then take a break :smile:
As for motivation, I like studying anyways but it is also good to think about how you will feel on results day - plus I want to be able to say I have no regrets in the way I handled GCSEs

No worries i doesn't matter when you update really :smile:

Do you solely use past papers ? Thanks. I've been doing the flashcards but it's just that we haven't even been taught most of the content. I usually get High As and Bs in the tests but I got A LOW C in the last one and that shook me up pretty bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you solely use past papers ? Thanks. I've been doing the flashcards but it's just that we haven't even been taught most of the content. I usually get High As and Bs in the tests but I got A LOW C in the last one and that shook me up pretty bad.

No although in a week I probably will be doing. At the minute, I do a past paper and then make notes on my weaknesses and I also use the flahcards as much as possible. I like a variety when revising but by next week I just want to be doing past papers, particularly for the subjects I have coming up before half term. The ones which I have afterwards I am going to continue making notes on :smile:
No although in a week I probably will be doing. At the minute, I do a past paper and then make notes on my weaknesses and I also use the flahcards as much as possible. I like a variety when revising but by next week I just want to be doing past papers, particularly for the subjects I have coming up before half term. The ones which I have afterwards I am going to continue making notes on :smile:

I've been doing the same as well. The C is just making me stress. Do you think think I'll be able to achieve an A overall with these grades ?

Speaking High A x2
Writing High A ( 1 mark off A star ) x2
Listening B
Reading B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know where to find the mark schemes for the OCR past papers? They've got the wrong mark scheme on the website and the Mark scheme provided doesn't even match any paper on the site. Brilliant !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, so do you just revise for the exams before half term now and after half term later on ? Also, how many exams do you have before the half term ? - curious :biggrin:
I've been doing the same as well. The C is just making me stress. Do you think think I'll be able to achieve an A overall with these grades ?

Speaking High A x2
Writing High A ( 1 mark off A star ) x2
Listening B
Reading B

Maybe - as the writing and speaking are heavier weighting than the other two - try asking your teachers or using a UMS converter if you know what marks you got :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending