The Student Room Group

Do you think this is worth £20,000?

For £20,000 would you spin a globe blindfolded and wherever your fingers lands you would have to live there for a year.

If you land on an ocean/sea, you'd have to spin again.

Reply 1
Do I have to pay £20,000 or will I get given the money to live there? If the latter count me in.
Reply 2
Original post by Bobby1231
Do I have to pay £20,000 or will I get given the money to live there? If the latter count me in.

You get paid £20000 if you live there for a year :smile:
Reply 3
Nope. Though, I'd strongly consider it if I could take my family along with them getting the same amount each.

Edit: At least a portion of the money has to paid in advance.
(edited 7 years ago)
> end up in Mogadishu, Somalia
> 20,000 not enough to pay ransom
> either end up dead or in debt trying to pay off Al Shabab to not get beheaded
> top kek
Would I be able to check where I'm going first (after being blindfolded and it landing) and then deny or accept the challenge?
Reply 6
Original post by bluemadhatter
Would I be able to check where I'm going first (after being blindfolded and it landing) and then deny or accept the challenge?

Lol, go on yeah :P
Reply 7
Does it have to be for a year!!
Reply 8
Original post by Mona-S
Does it have to be for a year!!

A whole year :smile:
That sounds fun, hell yeah. :awesome:

Although I am concerned about how long that money would last me and what I'd have to do to maintain an income, given I have no idea as to the cost of living where I'd be headed. Also, I'm kind of mid-qualification to get into university.

But if it could wait until summer, why not. What is life without risks? :lol:
Original post by glebp
> end up in Mogadishu, Somalia
> 20,000 not enough to pay ransom
> either end up dead or in debt trying to pay off Al Shabab to not get beheaded
> top kek

I didn't put that much thought into the country at random thing. :afraid: Although they did say you can back out if you don't like the country ... :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest