The Student Room Group

EPQ word count

my EPQ is hella long, like 9,000 words (with the abstract ,introduction, main essay and conclusion). i have been told by my tutor it don't matter but im kind of worried about it. i have re read it and there is nothing i want to remove as its not waffley just long. i know mine isnt the longest in the year ,some have hit 20,000. do you think ill be fine or should i cut it back a bit.
Original post by roh73
my EPQ is hella long, like 9,000 words (with the abstract ,introduction, main essay and conclusion). i have been told by my tutor it don't matter but im kind of worried about it. i have re read it and there is nothing i want to remove as its not waffley just long. i know mine isnt the longest in the year ,some have hit 20,000. do you think ill be fine or should i cut it back a bit.

You're fine. There is no limit on the word count. Check the specification for the exam board you're using, but it'll almost certainly be guidance only - to give you a general idea of the length they're expecting. For example, the AQA EPQ specification says it "should be approximately 5000 words".

If you've reviewed it, and are sure that everything there is necessary and you're not just rambling on (which wouldn't be good) than stick with the 9,000 words.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending