Update:05/05/2016
I think I'm ready for my exams now! Well the first week anyway. :redface:
Reading paper English language- past paper
French past paper- needs to be marked
French vocab
Read the use of maths specification again
History- reviewed pain and infection

well done sahra! :smile:
i wish you the best of luck in your GCSEs and i hope that you achieve the grades that you want - you seem capable of doing so :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
well done sahra! :smile:
i wish you the best of luck in your GCSEs and i hope that you achieve the grades that you want - you seem capable of doing so :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you Hannah!You're so sweet! I'm sure you can too! You revising so hard now so I'm sure you will pull it through when you start your GCSEs! :smile:
Original post by sahra30013
Update:05/05/2016
I think I'm ready for my exams now! Well the first week anyway. :redface:
Reading paper English language- past paper
French past paper- needs to be marked
French vocab
Read the use of maths specification again
History- reviewed pain and infection

WELL DONE ! You've done a lot :wink:
Original post by sahra30013
Well done! You did well and keep up the good work! :biggrin:

Wow! You've done a lot! You should be proud of yourself and I'm sure you will do better in paper 2! Keep up the good work! :smile:

Well done on the A* !! Keep up the hard work !!

Thank you!

Thank you!

The weather is wonderful was wonderful today, wasn't it? That's good that your are revising now! Well done about the summer school placement!! :smile:

Thank you very much :smile: Haha i guess and i hope :smile:
Original post by mayu123
It's great to relax and well done :biggrin: Wow!! That's great where do you want to go for uni ? :wink:

I'm not too sure, I currently live near Manchester so I'd love to study down south... Earlier this year I went on a school trip to see Oxford and I could really see myself at Oxford or Cambridge but it just depends on whether I can get in- especially as I want to study medicine so it's extra competitive! But I've honestly not been to London since I was 8 so it will be good to get a feel for London during summer school because I know there are some strong medical schools in the city (because i currently live in the countryside so the city sounds preferable). I loved Oxford but the area just seemed so isolated, I don't know haha. At least I've got another year to decide!
Original post by NiamhM1801
Yeah, a surprising amount of people who applied for it didn't get it which is a shame, but I'm a lucky one :smile:

Last year's prank was very clever, their HOY's name is mr hayball so what they did was filled his office with hay and basketballs - I bet it was a nightmare to clean! The year before that set off stink bombs and the fire alarm, it's was horrible for all of us!

We don't even get the chance to apply, but those pranks sounds so much fun :biggrin:

Original post by NiamhM1801
I love how you think this isn't much :redface:

The weather is beautiful and you should make the most of it! Don't feel bad about taking a little bit of a break, it'll probably do you good anyway :smile:

Yes it is so nice, I'm going to try and find a way of revising whilst enjoying the weather :smile:

Original post by nisha.sri
UPDATE 05/05/16:
Got my maths mock back and I got an A - which isn't too bad but I was aiming for an A* but then again paper 1 was ridiculously difficult, tbh i'm a little proud that I got an A Time is ticking - 11 days left. It's quite amusing to see that some people have just realised that there is only 11 days left

1. 18 Q&A B1
2. 30 Q&A Poetry
3. B1 past paper + gathered all 6 markers q's
4. C1 past paper - finished
5. P1 - Electricity
6. 43 Q&A made for C1

Original post by ellamoon_22
Today:
- made p2 posters
-went through c6 section and data analysis on the june 2015 past paper
-key themes posters for english play DNA

Well done eveyone keep up the good work:h:

Well done both of you, keep it up :biggrin:
UPDATE FOR 05/05/16

So I did a bit more today - and surprisingly I woke up this morning and felt unbelievably productive (apologies for keep updating in the mornings)

15 ICT cards

30 cards on OCP

ICT past paper

Half maths past paper

Geog Restless Earth Past paper

C6 revision

Original post by Littleone2000
I'm not too sure, I currently live near Manchester so I'd love to study down south... Earlier this year I went on a school trip to see Oxford and I could really see myself at Oxford or Cambridge but it just depends on whether I can get in- especially as I want to study medicine so it's extra competitive! But I've honestly not been to London since I was 8 so it will be good to get a feel for London during summer school because I know there are some strong medical schools in the city (because i currently live in the countryside so the city sounds preferable). I loved Oxford but the area just seemed so isolated, I don't know haha. At least I've got another year to decide!

Former Oxford student/resident here.

Isolated from what? For a town of its modest 160,000 size Oxford has loads going on related to both the university (which obviously you'd be intimately involved with) and the wider town. Due to its cultural significance/tourism Oxford also has pretty great transport connections - you've got the train station with <1 hour to London, regular buses connecting you to all the big cities, direct buses to Heathrow and Gatwick plus up to every 8 minute buses directly to London 24/7 [1] [2]. How does that compare to where you currently live? :tongue:

To be honest if you currently live in the countryside then any town is going to feel huge for you. All the country folk say that when they first arrive (just as the Londoners say how tiny it is).

But actually living in London is of course a whole different plane of urban. Depends what you want.

Also bear in mind you can transfer to London after doing 3 years in Oxford. You'd most likely have your pick of any London school you want.
Original post by nexttime
Former Oxford student/resident here.

Isolated from what? For a town of its modest 160,000 size Oxford has loads going on related to both the university (which obviously you'd be intimately involved with) and the wider town. Due to its cultural significance/tourism Oxford also has pretty great transport connections - you've got the train station with <1 hour to London, regular buses connecting you to all the big cities, direct buses to Heathrow and Gatwick plus up to every 8 minute buses directly to London 24/7 [1] [2]. How does that compare to where you currently live? :tongue:

To be honest if you currently live in the countryside then any town is going to feel huge for you. All the country folk say that when they first arrive (just as the Londoners say how tiny it is).

But actually living in London is of course a whole different plane of urban. Depends what you want.

Also bear in mind you can transfer to London after doing 3 years in Oxford. You'd most likely have your pick of any London school you want.

Although I live in a countryside area, I often get the bus to a trainstation and go into Manchester for the day. In fact, I spend the whole week out of the village as I do not work or go to school there. I guess it's just a first impression and I will obviously visit more before I make any decisions but 6 years in Oxford seems a little much as I'd expect the novelty to wear off and I'd want to spend more time in London. But yes, transferring after the 3 pre-clinical years does certainly sound like an option for me.
ok hi, everyone replying here seems really organised so i would appreciate if someone could help me with something: i've tried to make a revision timetable but i can never end up doing what i planned to do :frown:
what do you think is a sensible amount of time to spend revising each day?
Original post by mowglisroad
ok hi, everyone replying here seems really organised so i would appreciate if someone could help me with something: i've tried to make a revision timetable but i can never end up doing what i planned to do :frown:

Im exactly the same haha don't worry most people are like that. As for amount of hours, it depends on the person and grades they want -> what are you hoping for + have you done any coursework (gcse or iGCSE)

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="oli19919;64620945"]Im exactly the same haha don't worry most people are like that. As for amount of hours, it depends on the person and grades they want -> what are you hoping for + have you done any coursework (gcse or iGCSE)

Posted from TSR

Original post by oli19919
Im exactly the same haha don't worry most people are like that. As for amount of hours, it depends on the person and grades they want -> what are you hoping for + have you done any coursework (gcse or iGCSE)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok cool :smile: im aiming for all A/A* pretty much, and yes i've done some english and geography coursework (i think they're each 25% of the grade)
[QUOTE="mowglisroad;64621057"]
Original post by oli19919

Posted from TSR

ok cool :smile: im aiming for all A/A* pretty much, and yes i've done some english and geography coursework (i think they're each 25% of the grade)

I would say around 6 hours on a weekend and around 3 on a schoolnight

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="oli19919;64621095"]

I would say around 6 hours on a weekend and around 3 on a schoolnight

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thanks for the advice!!!! :smile:
I finally got an interview for a sixth form I wanted to go to but my application got lost in the post and ot was a long process but yayyy they are going ro interview me after my gcses are over:colondollar:
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 05/05/16
So I did a bit more today - and surprisingly I woke up this morning and felt unbelievably productive (apologies for keep updating in the mornings)

15 ICT cards

30 cards on OCP

ICT past paper

Half maths past paper

C6 revision

Well done! You've done so much! That's great that you are feeling productive! Keep up the good work!:smile:

I finally got an interview for a sixth form I wanted to go to but my application got lost in the post and ot was a long process but yayyy they are going ro interview me after my gcses are over:colondollar:

That's great! I'm sure you will get a place!:smile:

Original post by nisha.sri
WELL DONE ! You've done a lot :wink:

Thank you!:smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 05/05/16

15 ICT cards

30 cards on OCP

ICT past paper

Half maths past paper

C6 revision

Well done :smile: It's fine :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Congratulations - I hope it goes well when you have it :smile:

Hi there, I would say about 3 hours is reasonable as a minimum and more when you can fit it in. Are you doing GCSEs? (I assume you are) I would work out when your first exam is and see how much free time you have so that you can optimise the space you have left :smile:
UPDATE 06/05/16:
Planning to be extra productive on the weekends :biggrin:

1. B1 Adaptations - Q&A 28 review
2. Psychology D - Booklet
3. French past paper marked
4. Maths questions + past paper half
5. C1 - 18 Q&A made + 26 review
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi everyone:tongue:

The last 3 days I went to some aiming for a* classes at my (hopefully, if i get in) sixth form for next year. This really helped me get back on track i think so i hope to do at least 6 hours today of revision.
Exams are super soon but i basically have a weeks study leave starting on the 16th (on that day i also have re exam) till my main exams. So i think I can do it:biggrin:

A rough plan:
Start at 8 am
Maths past paper
RE
ENGLISH
Geography (phys learn case studys and practice model answers)
I will update before i go to sleep, and i hope to do more:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending