The Student Room Group

Worst invigilator behaviour?

I recently completed a French A-level oral exam in which an invigilator was stood outside the window of the door facing me, waving and making gestures to another invigilator behind me. She then proceeded to come into the room and give my examiner a cup of tea, all during the exam. What's the worst invigilator behaviour you've ever experienced?
Reply 1
I sit in the front row in all my exams and I hate it when they whisper cause you hear it really loud and annoying. Last year in one on my exams one of them had a pocket full of change and sat down and the coins went everywhere - it was a listening paper
Reply 3
Original post by interestingdilem
I recently completed a French A-level oral exam in which an invigilator was stood outside the window of the door facing me, waving and making gestures to another invigilator behind me. She then proceeded to come into the room and give my examiner a cup of tea, all during the exam. What's the worst invigilator behaviour you've ever experienced?

I'm dyslexic, I thought I read vigilante.
Reply 4
There's one that starts the exam two minutes before it's meant to start, you you check the time and think "Oh I have two minutes left, I can add in an extra sentence" but no, they stop it exactly two minutes before you think it's going to end. Also sits near a radiator near a student and continually taps that damned pen. Yes, it's the same invigilator that does it.
Reply 5
Original post by CharlieBz
I'm dyslexic, I thought I read vigilante.

Just imagine sitting down for your final exam and there sitting at the front is...Batman.

"Have you given your phone in?"

"I haven't brought my phone with me"

"WHERE IS IT?"

"I...just said I don't have it"

"WHERE IS THE PHONE?!"

*Batman then throws you against the wall and begins beating the crap out of you until you tell him where your house is so he can get your phone*
Reply 7
i recently sat my first uni exam (Jan 2017). I had 2 exams in the same day. First exam we had an invigilator ask a Sikh student to "remove [his] hat" i found this absolutely disgusting seeing as my uni is very ethnically diverse and there were Muslim girls sat wearing headdresses and i wondered if the invigilator would ask them to remove their religious clothing. After a short and sweet refusal from the student, the invigilator left the room and returned 10 minutes later and sheepishly apologized to the student.

Then in my 2nd exam of the day we had 1 invigilator SEARCH students at their desks by asking them to "empty their pockets". another invigilator promptly walked up to him to remind him "you cannot search students" yet he continued to search 2-3 more students.
Not worst, but in one of my sister's exams the invigilator had a heart attack.
I swore our invidulators played games during exams at sixth form - I mentioned it to someone in my class who mentioned they thought they did too cos they stood next to them for ages for no reason...
In the days when teachers invigilated, we had one that used to stand behind students, look at what they were writing and laugh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending