The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Student accommodation?

So I've just had a confirmation for Central Halls for my accommodation this
September, but it's an integrated 4-year course with a foundation year. Therefore, I start at year 0. Would I still technically be allowed to live in Uni accommodation again for year 1 next year and then housing in the subsequent years? I'm not too sure :smile:
I'm not sure but would you actually want to! Private accommodation is 100 x nicer and you'll have made loads of friends you'll want to live with :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Original post by Soph97
September, but it's an integrated 4-year course with a foundation year. Therefore, I start at year 0. Would I still technically be allowed to live in Uni accommodation again for year 1 next year and then housing in the subsequent years? I'm not too sure :smile:

I think you might be able to but usually accommodation places through the uni itself are favoured to new freshers each year. Wait and see when you get there, you'll probably find friends that you'll want to get a different house with in the second year. If not I'd recommend looking at somewhere like Kexgill House or Linthorpe Hall, they're pretty similar from what I know but just private and are just first come first serve :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Soph97

Hi Soph

Really glad to hear you’re all set for moving into Central Halls in September! It’s been a really popular place this year and I’m sure you’ll have a lovely time living there.

In your second and subsequent years, the University’s accommodation office remains available to assist with accommodation. We quite often find that students form firm friendships with people they meet in their first year accommodation, or on their course. We then help by assisting whole groups to find accommodation together in a University-managed house. There’s a bit more info about University-managed housing here.

Hope this helps a little. If you’d like to chat about anything to do with accommodation for any time during University, please get in touch with the lovely team in the accommodation office by emailing them at [email protected] or giving them a call on 01642 342255. We’re always happy to help.

We’ll look forward to seeing you in September :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending