The Student Room Group

Does this guy like me?!?

This guy, has been confusing me for almost a year now. In September he kept sitting with me (just me and him) in all my free periods, but at first not talking ( shy perhaps..) but then he started getting chattier with me. We then added each other on social networks, but it was always me who would like posts, and we never really spoke online. He gave me several lifts in his car and was staring at me in class A LOT. He tried to sit with me whenever he could, and would always linger around a room to wait to walk out with me. one day he wrote his name on my rubber when I was out the room. He would compliment me too in front of everyone and say to the teacher that I'm really clever, or a really nice person. Also he wanted to share a book with me, rather than just use his own. And every lunchtime he all of a sudden seemed to be wherever I was, and started listening to the same music as me, possibly on purpose. Then we had a strange time in January where we kinda stopped talking, we stopped sitting together, and everything sorta faded out, for no valid reason.

Then in this past month he's starting talking to me again, and keeps looking at me. He's been asking me strange questions like homework questions/ answers that he had in front of him but just wanted to double check with me..He also asked me which building we were in for next period, when he had already put his bag in there, so he already knew the answer to the question.

Recently he's been sitting near me most days, and one day his friends saw me and then came back ten minutes later with him, and they all sat behind me. One day he sat across the other side of the room from me in our free period and stared at me for literally the whole hour, his friends keep looking at me all the time too, as if they know something I don't. He's tried to accidentally touch my hand twice too and gets extremely jealous of the other boy that I have lessons with. I have shown signs back that I like him, asked him for a car lift, liked his photos, messaged him about "homework"

When we had a school event recently, he kept t tying to stand as close to me as possible, and him and his friends also kept looking at me. In class he continues to try and sit with me, and tries to walk down the corridor with me rather than his male friends.

But I don't understand all these signs, because When I have messaged him twice about "homework" and triEd to create a conversation,it was clear he couldn't be bothered or didn't know how to continue it, and he never likes my photos. When he sits near me, I always feel like I have to instigate the conversation as he never starts it really. It's strange as he's not a shy guy, but maybe he just gets shy around me, idk. it did take him like a year to ask his last girlfriend out. He's very popular and many girls think he's good looking, but he doesn't sit near them like he does with me. I'm not really popular like he is, so maybe he's worried about his popularity. But his last girlfriend wasn't exactly the most popular girl in school.

I really don't know what to do anymore or what to think? because half of me thinks he likes me, but then if he really did surely he would make an effort to talk to me more, rather than just being around me every lunchtime/ free period.

It's driving me crazy, I just can't wait work him out!
Obviously he does. It is a bit odd that he doesn't make an effort but if you want something to happen maybe you should put in a bit more and see if anything changes.
Original post by Anonymous
This guy, has been confusing me for almost a year now. In September he kept sitting with me (just me and him) in all my free periods, but at first not talking ( shy perhaps..) but then he started getting chattier with me. We then added each other on social networks, but it was always me who would like posts, and we never really spoke online. He gave me several lifts in his car and was staring at me in class A LOT. He tried to sit with me whenever he could, and would always linger around a room to wait to walk out with me. one day he wrote his name on my rubber when I was out the room. He would compliment me too in front of everyone and say to the teacher that I'm really clever, or a really nice person. Also he wanted to share a book with me, rather than just use his own. And every lunchtime he all of a sudden seemed to be wherever I was, and started listening to the same music as me, possibly on purpose. Then we had a strange time in January where we kinda stopped talking, we stopped sitting together, and everything sorta faded out, for no valid reason.

Then in this past month he's starting talking to me again, and keeps looking at me. He's been asking me strange questions like homework questions/ answers that he had in front of him but just wanted to double check with me..He also asked me which building we were in for next period, when he had already put his bag in there, so he already knew the answer to the question.

Recently he's been sitting near me most days, and one day his friends saw me and then came back ten minutes later with him, and they all sat behind me. One day he sat across the other side of the room from me in our free period and stared at me for literally the whole hour, his friends keep looking at me all the time too, as if they know something I don't. He's tried to accidentally touch my hand twice too and gets extremely jealous of the other boy that I have lessons with. I have shown signs back that I like him, asked him for a car lift, liked his photos, messaged him about "homework"

When we had a school event recently, he kept t tying to stand as close to me as possible, and him and his friends also kept looking at me. In class he continues to try and sit with me, and tries to walk down the corridor with me rather than his male friends.

But I don't understand all these signs, because When I have messaged him twice about "homework" and triEd to create a conversation,it was clear he couldn't be bothered or didn't know how to continue it, and he never likes my photos. When he sits near me, I always feel like I have to instigate the conversation as he never starts it really. It's strange as he's not a shy guy, but maybe he just gets shy around me, idk. it did take him like a year to ask his last girlfriend out. He's very popular and many girls think he's good looking, but he doesn't sit near them like he does with me. I'm not really popular like he is, so maybe he's worried about his popularity. But his last girlfriend wasn't exactly the most popular girl in school.

I really don't know what to do anymore or what to think? because half of me thinks he likes me, but then if he really did surely he would make an effort to talk to me more, rather than just being around me every lunchtime/ free period.

I wonder what type of work this is...

thirsty girl pipe down, he doesent like you, stp getting gassed lol
Reply 4
Original post by Foo.mp3
TL;DR so probably :mmm:

What does the TL;DR bit mean? :smile:

why don't yout just ask him?
thirsty girl pipe down, he doesent like you, stp getting gassed lol
I like how this is anonymous, lol.
There's a chance he likes you but he could just be flirting.
He does like you, weird way of showing it though. You need to ask him bluntly if he does like you
What does the TL;DR bit mean? :smile:

Too Long : Didn't Read
Original post by Rock Fan
why don't yout just ask him?

1.) fear of rejection
2.) I would if i had clearer signs/more certain signs
Original post by PrinceProsperity
There's a chance he likes you but he could just be flirting.

That's why i'm so frustrated as i can't tell! :frown: But one day he did sit with me in his free lessons for 3 hours, rather than his friends who were all sat around the corner, and he hadn't fell out with his friends or anything and he knew they were there, but he sat with me.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Too long, didn't read :redface:

haha okay :smile: sorry! how do you guess he likes me then?
Original post by samina_ay
He does like you, weird way of showing it though. You need to ask him bluntly if he does like you

I know its so confusing!! i'm so nervous and scared of rejection and losing our friendship.
TLDR jesus :L
1.) fear of rejection
2.) I would if i had clearer signs/more certain signs

How you gonna know if you don't ask then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending