The Student Room Group

Do guys do this as well?

Hi,

So there's this guy I'm talking to and when he texts me, I find he does that thing where he adds multiple letters at the end of words that girls usually do. Like for example, he would say 'Why you bring her uppp?' or 'I like that so muchhh'. I feel its a bit of a turn off in some way, just cause it feels a bit girly for some reason.

Do guys really do this as well? I always think its just girls that do that?
Reply 1
And also, what do girls think when a guy does that?
That the sender has sticky fingers...
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
it might probably be a quirk and not mean much but people text like that to give their words more expression which is hard through text. Moreover, those extensions might be for emphasis

Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

So there's this guy I'm talking to and when he texts me, I find he does that thing where he adds multiple letters at the end of words that girls usually do. Like for example, he would say 'Why you bring her uppp?' or 'I like that so muchhh'. I feel its a bit of a turn off in some way, just cause it feels a bit girly for some reason.

Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I've not encountered anyone who texts me and repeats letters for clarity's sake. I get what you mean by it being a bit girlie, but I think that kind of texting would come from someone in an alcoholic stupor. I wouldn't pay it much mind, but you could also do likewise to them and see how they react-just for giggles.
I see that as more of a kid thing than a gender thing.
Reply 6
Original post by StriderHort
I see that as more of a kid thing than a gender thing.

Yes me too
Maybe he's trying to be "cute"? whatever the reason, it sounds really trivial. Talk to them instead of texting. Face to face preferably. It is senseless to be put off by something so minor if they're otherwise great. Like "ye this guy is intelligent, funny, polite, hot but man he adds way too many ys, ew". Absurd.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending