The Student Room Group

As Biology Edexcel A - Core practicals for the exam?

Does anyone know if we'll be asked about the core practicals in our As exams? (for the new 2015 spec)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Ldawgg
Does anyone know if we'll be asked about the core practicals in our As exams? (for the new 2015 spec)

yes most certinaly , do yo have set 2 specimen papers for this ??, i havent found anyone doing this course
Reply 3
Original post by Ldawgg

You shall indeed be asked about the Core Practicals mentioned in the AS Specification
Reply 4
Original post by Science_help
yes most certinaly , do yo have set 2 specimen papers for this ??, i havent found anyone doing this course

Yeah I have the specimen papers, they didnt really have much about the core practical content though? mainly just the skills and application.

yeah its like everyone does aqa and ocr
Reply 5
Original post by JakRen01
You shall indeed be asked about the Core Practicals mentioned in the AS Specification

Thanks, thats a really useful breakdown :yy:
apparently core practical questions are around 20-30% of the marks! i have been given a summarised sheet on them if you would like me to send it? i also cant find anyone doing edexcel- so annoying haha! good luck for thursday, lets hope theyre kind!
Reply 7
Original post by poppygracexx
apparently core practical questions are around 20-30% of the marks! i have been given a summarised sheet on them if you would like me to send it? i also cant find anyone doing edexcel- so annoying haha! good luck for thursday, lets hope theyre kind!

20-30%?! Woah thats a lot... Good luck to you too!

That would be great if you could send it! No pressure though, there's some really useful summaries in the revision guide:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending