The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Littleone2000
Today was productive:
3 hours of IT (6 20 minute lessons and stayed after school)
Began producing thorough revision cards for the 15 conflict poems- 6 down, 9 to go
*edit: I also got a poetry response and a DNA response back, both A*s which is reassuring*
First few questions of a French past paper- full marks as I've done before, turns out I've done all the French past papers already now
Consolidated weak areas from a C4-6 test I had today
And I went to a jewellers to get my bracelet altered which keeps my mum happy as well :smile:

Tomorrow I'm off to the Trafford centre to shop for prom as my mum won't get off my case and I don't want to go during exams, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it and spend plenty of unnecessary money! I'll be keeping an eye out for teacher's presents as well :smile:
Tomorrow at school I'm off timetable all day which is a shame, everyone has GCSE maths intervention for 3 hours so I'm just staying with my teacher and she says she has some good revision planned which will be nice as my exam is next Wednesday, and for 2 hours I will be in French in preparation for the exam on Tuesday. I'm sure it will do me good to do some more focuses revision for next weeks exams as at home I'm getting lots of homework for subjects such as English and science and neglecting the first week of exams...

Well done you've done soo much !! Hats off to you :biggrin:

Original post by NiamhM1801
I NEARLY CRIED IN ENGLISH TODAY MY TEACHER IS THE SWEETEST MAN EVER I'M SO OVERWHELMED.

Because he's taught the majority of us since year 7 he decided that he wanted to get us all an individual gift, but as this would be very expensive (there are 34 in our class) he did something even better.

HE WROTE EVERY ONE OF US A PERSONALISED GOOD LUCK CARD. AND THEYRE SO ADORABLE.

I'm honestly going to treasure it forever. He's so sweet and I'm so glad that me and a couple of friends put money together to buy some really nice gifts as he so so deserves it.

I'm currently writing thank you cards and his was the first one I did. I cried while writing it. I don't even like English but I'm genuinely going to miss him so much - I never even thought about it until today but I'll probably cry after our last lesson tomorrow too.

(Sorry for the little sort of rant but it was too cute)

Aww how cute is that :h: I don't think anyone would ever do something like that to me especially teachers :biggrin:
UPDATE 11/05/16:
I must say the weather reflects my mood :biggrin::biggrin:

1. B1 - Half of B1 paper + marked
2. OMAM - Analysis of Curley's wife + Crooks
3. C1 - 26 Q&A
4. B1 - past paper
5. Some of LOTF and OMAM quotes learnt
Wow you've done a lot! I couldn't stand doing 3 hours of one subject I'd just end up getting bored haha
Have fun prom shopping! It seems like we're some of the only ones here actually going to our proms :tongue:
It's good to see you've planned out your revision and it looks good too :smile:
I actually stopped doing homework about 1-2 weeks ago and have just been focusing on revision. Not one teacher has noticed and tbh I don't think they can blame you if you'd rather revise something important than do a pointless piece of homework...

Most of it was in school, the 3 hours of IT was an emergency thing for the whole year, trying to teach us all the content for the exam in 3 hours as we haven't done any in class haha! And yes it does doesn't it, I'm glad I'm going but it is very stressful trying to sort everything especially as I have an exam on the morning of prom :frown:. To be honest, the homework is all revision like past papers etc but it's just not for the first few exams, my English teacher is setting so much homework but her exams are in the second week so I'd rather worry about that when I get to it! I guess it's best this way as I wouldn't revise English unless forced haha :tongue:
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done :smile:

You've done a lot how do you manage your time?

Well done with the A*. I hate the rain :frown: Keep up the hard work :smile:

Well at school me and my friends are all motivated so we just revise whenever possible, I come home from school at around 3:20 (I don't stay back for revision sessions as i find them too slow paced and unproductive). I usually eat as soon as I get back and start work by 4:30, and basically from 4:30 to 10 I revise and i take breaks to talk to my family and check my phone. Idk if that helped but hopefully it did :smile: I also created a revision timetable so i always have something to do
Update for 11th May
-Revised RS Medical ethics
-Revised Sociology (social inequality topic) and made a mindmap and on the different legislations I have to learn.
-Made ICT Flash cards
-I answered some maths past questions

I did about an hour of each thing so not that much compared to some people but its productive for me
Update 11/05/2016
I don't know what happened to me but suddenly, I feel demotivated. I was so bored when I was revising English and kept procrastinating. Hope I don't do this tommorow as there is 4 days left till my first exam and I can't afford to procrastinate.:redface:

English lit- a view from the bridge- Catherine and Alfeiri again. Looked some key scenes. Also did some poetry.
Maths- past paper
Science- a third of past paper done
Health and social care- looked at previous mock and looked at weaknesses
UPDATE 11/05/16:
I must say the weather reflects my mood :biggrin::biggrin:

1. B1 - Half of B1 paper + marked
2. OMAM - Analysis of Curley's wife + Crooks
3. C1 - 26 Q&A
4. B1 - past paper
5. Some of LOTF and OMAM quotes learnt

Well done to you! Was the weather good today? Where I live, it was horrible. Keep up the good work!:smile:

Original post by GCSEstudentt
Update for 11th May
-Revised Sociology (social inequality topic) and made a mindmap and on the different legislations I have to learn.
-Made ICT Flash cards

I did about an hour of each thing so not that much compared to some people but its productive for me

Well done ! Don't worry about not being as productive as others. What's important is that you felt that you were productive. Keep up the hard work!:smile:
I just want to say a huge well done to everyone so far who has been posting - you're all doing an amazing job and will do fantastically in your exams. Good luck to you all :smile:
UPDATE FOR 11/05/16

42 ICT cards

68 Haiti case study

51 English language

15 B2 cards

15 Coasts

328 German

B2 and B3 revision

English Literature quotes

Original post by sahra30013
Well done to you! Was the weather good today? Where I live, it was horrible. Keep up the good work!:smile:

Well done ! Don't worry about not being as productive as others. What's important is that you felt that you were productive. Keep up the hard work!:smile:

Thank you! Hopefully I will :biggrin:
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 11/05/16

42 ICT cards

68 Haiti case study

51 English language

15 B2 cards

15 Coasts

328 German

B2 and B3 revision

Well done !! Your doing so well :wink:

I just want to say a huge well done to everyone so far who has been posting - you're all doing an amazing job and will do fantastically in your exams. Good luck to you all :smile:

Aw how kind :smile: Thank you and so are you :biggrin: Good luck to you too

It was raining - disgusting :smile: But today's sunny YAY it has been 2 days since i've seen the Sun in London . Thanks

Update 11/05/2016
I don't know what happened to me but suddenly, I feel demotivated. I was so bored when I was revising English and kept procrastinating. Hope I don't do this tommorow as there is 4 days left till my first exam and I can't afford to procrastinate.:redface:

English lit- a view from the bridge- Catherine and Alfeiri again. Looked some key scenes. Also did some poetry.
Maths- past paper
Science- a third of past paper done
Health and social care- looked at previous mock and looked at weaknesses

Well done :smile: Same here i'm kinda demotivated too :s-smilie: but i'm sure we will get back on track today

Original post by GCSEstudentt
Update for 11th May
-Made ICT Flash cards

Well done !! Don't compare yourself with others :wink:
Exams are just looming over us now! Just make sure you make the most of the last moments before the exam. Some say you should be past the past paper phase purely revise notes as exam technique should now be drilled in. :biggrin:
Good luck
Bon chance
No ones really posted today :s-smilie:
Today's been such a good day, as it was our last full day at school (scary stuff) so we were mainly celebrating and not doing work which was good. So many pictures were taken, especially in English and maths! I both really want to leave and really really don't want to leave at the same time (even though I'm staying at the same school for sixth form). The teachers were all really happy with the gifts I got them and the cards I wrote so I was happy :smile:
Leavers day tomorrow, have a feeling I'm going to cry tbh! I also saw the state of my HOY's office and oh my they've really trashed it!
Again like normal I haven't done much:
-9 RE cards (rights and responsibilities)
I also printed off copies of my RE cards for my friends as I like to be helpful :smile:

Hope everyone else has had a good day! :biggrin:
UPDATE 12/05/16:
I'm still annoyed that we don't have study leave and so many other schools are. It's really unfair like ridiculously unfair !! But hey i can manage
1. OMAM - Curley's wife quotes
2. B1 - Past paper
3. AVFTB - 2 characters quotes
4. P1 - past paper
5. Maths - past paper
6. C1 - 16 Q&A cards
7. French - vocab
Today's been such a good day, as it was our last full day at school (scary stuff) so we were mainly celebrating and not doing work which was good. So many pictures were taken, especially in English and maths! I both really want to leave and really really don't want to leave at the same time (even though I'm staying at the same school for sixth form). The teachers were all really happy with the gifts I got them and the cards I wrote so I was happy :smile:
Leavers day tomorrow, have a feeling I'm going to cry tbh! I also saw the state of my HOY's office and oh my they've really trashed it!
I also printed off copies of my RE cards for my friends as I like to be helpful :smile:

Guess everyone's busy revising/doing stuff :smile:
Aw my last day isn't till the 28th June :biggrin: but i can't wait to leave although i will miss my school a little :smile:
I know it's emotional, are you going to your school for sixth form ?
At least you did something which counts :wink:
Hope you had a great day too :smile:
Nothing really to update today! I had to go get gifts and cards for my teachers as I realised I wouldn't have much time when I start my exams. It took long but I finally found some good gifts! I'll be giving my English teacher a Shakespear version of Star Wars, my history teacher a book about Romans(as she absolutely loves them), my maths teacher a cup and a note pad saying thank you and my science teacher, who I've had since year 7, a perfume. My other teachers I'm just going to give them some cards.

But I did do little. Thank god I had time to revise at school! :biggrin:
Maths- two past papers
English lit- A Christmas Carol theme redemption
Science- P4 overview
History- the Magic bullet and penicillin
ICT- overview
UPDATE 12/05/16:
I'm still annoyed that we don't have study leave and so many other schools are. It's really unfair like ridiculously unfair !! But hey i can manage
1. OMAM - Curley's wife quotes
2. B1 - Past paper
3. AVFTB - 2 characters quotes
4. P1 - past paper
5. Maths - past paper
6. C1 - 16 Q&A cards
7. French - vocab

Hey don't worry about study leave! I'm sure you will do amazingly well even without study leave considering how hard you work. Well done today though!:smile:

Woah, you leaving tommorow? I'm not leaving till the 27th May! That's great that your teachers loved their gifts! Remember, every little counts so don't worry about not doing much! Well done and keep up the good work!:smile:

Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Exams are just looming over us now! Just make sure you make the most of the last moments before the exam. Some say you should be past the past paper phase purely revise notes as exam technique should now be drilled in. :biggrin:
Good luck
Bon chance

Good luck to you too. I think prefer doing both as it the information would sink in.

You're too sweet! Thank you! WELL DONE to you! Thanks to you, many of us are motivated and are on track in our revision. Good luck to you too about the exams and I know you will do well in your exams!:biggrin:

UPDATE FOR 11/05/16

42 ICT cards

68 Haiti case study

51 English language

15 B2 cards

15 Coasts

328 German

B2 and B3 revision

I know it is a little late but well done!:smile:
I know. I know. It's been a while since I made a post on this thread. Well, my babes I've been quite busy revising and you can't expect me to give you all of my time. I have other babes as well.

Anyway. I've done every single past paper for every subject at least 5 times and I've gotten A* and high As for all of them. I've been taking my own study leave because I was unwell 😏. I'm really confident in regard to my exams because I've been revising my balls off. I woke up at 5am today and finished my revision at 9pm. Of course I did have breaks but I enjoyed what I was doing so I guess my revision was like taking a break. I've got my B123 and my French exam on Tuesday. I wish you guys all the best. I don't think there's been a minute while my eyes are open that I don't do something related to revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You girls are so emotional. I can't wait to not see the faces of idiots anymore. We don't have a leavers day and I'm not going to prom.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending