The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I wish you all the best. Those grades are still high in comparison to other people but we are still aiming for the best so we'll see how things pan out. I just hope I can do well enough in the exam to get an A in French. I'm not worried about any other subject.

Thank you - I really hope you can get that A in French as you clearly deserve it :smile:
Original post by surina16
Hi :smile:
What are your plans for today? :h:

Hey, I plan to revise Biology, ICT, Maths, Geography and English lit, with the focus being more on ICT

What about you? :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Thank you - I really hope you can get that A in French as you clearly deserve it :smile:

Thanks. I really hope I do. I really hope I do. I said it on twice by purpose. Today is my French revision day so I'm literally memorising all the key words from every past paper. Good luck guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I plan to revise Biology, ICT, Maths, Geography and English lit, with the focus being more on ICT

What about you? :smile:

I've done a bit of French and a Chemistry paper, and I'm planning on spending a lot of time on Chemistry today because I haven't done much for it if I'm honest :colondollar: I plan to also revise Maths, English Lit and Biology :smile:
Good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I wish you all the best. Those grades are still high in comparison to other people but we are still aiming for the best so we'll see how things pan out. I just hope I can do well enough in the exam to get an A in French. I'm not worried about any other subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey are you doing Edexcel French on tuesday because i am as well and how are you revising also are you ready for it ? Good luck for your french exam :smile:
I've done a bit of French and a Chemistry paper, and I'm planning on spending a lot of time on Chemistry today because I haven't done much for it if I'm honest :colondollar: I plan to also revise Maths, English Lit and Biology :smile:
Good luck! :biggrin:

You've done a lot already!! I'm focusing on chemistry during the half term because I don't have those exams beforehand. Thanks and good luck to you too :smile:
Hi :smile:
What are your plans for today? :h:

Planning to revise C1 - a lot and lots of past papers :smile:
French vocab
Maths

Focusing more on B1 and French tomorrow for exams on Tuesday :wink:
Original post by nisha.sri
Planning to revise C1 - a lot and lots of past papers :smile:
French vocab
Maths

Focusing more on B1 and French tomorrow for exams on Tuesday :wink:

We have similar plans for this weekend :tongue:
Good luck :smile:
You've done a lot already!! I'm focusing on chemistry during the half term because I don't have those exams beforehand. Thanks and good luck to you too :smile:

Random question - do any of you get extra time in exams?

Nope do you ?
That's similar to my ICT, I think the coursework is just short of A* but I don't know if it has been moderated yet or marked properly, and I want the A* so I am trying to do everything I can to get as close to full marks on the exam paper on Wednesday

Thanks for being so understanding about it. Plus, I kinda want to be that kid in school who has done something that my school rarely sees - I'm not sure they've had people get all A*s - maybe just one or two people, so it would be good to achieve it :smile:

You're welcome, I experience it quite a bit actually.
I want to do that as well, last year a girl got I think 9A*s so I want to do as well as that (probably won't do better because of English but hopefully). Although my friend is one of the smartest people in our year (smarter than me by quite a bit) so she probably has a better chance tbh but I'm not letting it stop me from aiming high! :smile:
Original post by NiamhM1801
You're welcome, I experience it quite a bit actually.
I want to do that as well, last year a girl got I think 9A*s so I want to do as well as that (probably won't do better because of English but hopefully). Although my friend is one of the smartest people in our year (smarter than me by quite a bit) so she probably has a better chance tbh but I'm not letting it stop me from aiming high! :smile:

Yeah but I read some posts of all these people getting well over 10 GCSES and I always used to think getting 9 would be easy but that was when I was much younger (I know it's not that easy anymore) and if I could get all 10 with ICT being an additional one I've done on a quarter of the time then that would round everything off nicely.

You never know, you might do better than that!! You certainly have the drive to do so - and having a smart friend is certainly useful (a bit of healthy competition!!)

I wish you every success with it all and I'm sure you will be proud of the result :biggrin:

no but I really could do with some for subjects like History and English Lit :redface:
Yeah but I read some posts of all these people getting well over 10 GCSES and I always used to think getting 9 would be easy but that was when I was much younger (I know it's not that easy anymore) and if I could get all 10 with ICT being an additional one I've done on a quarter of the time then that would round everything off nicely.

You never know, you might do better than that!! You certainly have the drive to do so - and having a smart friend is certainly useful (a bit of healthy competition!!)

I wish you every success with it all and I'm sure you will be proud of the result :biggrin:

Yeah I am quite lucky that I'm doing 11 as it gives me more opportunities to get 8A*s (well ideally I'd like an A^ in further maths :tongue:) getting 9A*s isn't easy though so if you do (which I have every faith you will, well 10 even) it's definitely a huge achievement!
I do like having the competition from people at school as I do actually find it motivates me to do well (I'm very competitive :biggrin:) but I also view everyone on here as competition too as you're all so smart and I want to be able to celebrate with you all on results day!

Best of luck for your exams and I'm sure you'll get the results you've worked so hard for :smile:
Yeah I am quite lucky that I'm doing 11 as it gives me more opportunities to get 8A*s (well ideally I'd like an A^ in further maths :tongue:) getting 9A*s isn't easy though so if you do (which I have every faith you will, well 10 even) it's definitely a huge achievement!
I do like having the competition from people at school as I do actually find it motivates me to do well (I'm very competitive :biggrin:) but I also view everyone on here as competition too as you're all so smart and I want to be able to celebrate with you all on results day!

Best of luck for your exams and I'm sure you'll get the results you've worked so hard for :smile:

You're like my twin!! I'm competitive too and I'm sure my teachers have noticed :colondollar:

Good luck to you too - I'd better go and get on with something constructive :biggrin:
You're like my twin!! I'm competitive too and I'm sure my teachers have noticed :colondollar:

Good luck to you too - I'd better go and get on with something constructive :biggrin:

Haha how strange! I don't think my teachers have noticed, possibly because I'm more competitive with my sister than anyone else :colondollar:

Me too haha, need to revise RE as my exam is in only 2 days!
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey are you doing Edexcel French on tuesday because i am as well and how are you revising also are you ready for it ? Good luck for your french exam :smile:

I'm doing OCR French. I've been using GCSE pod and all the past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha how strange! I don't think my teachers have noticed, possibly because I'm more competitive with my sister than anyone else :colondollar:

Me too haha, need to revise RE as my exam is in only 2 days!

Mine have sort of assumed :biggrin: And 2 days is so close!! The best of luck :smile:
Strange question: is anyone planning to use highlighters during exams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending