The Student Room Group

[New Spec] AQA Tsarist Russia 1855-1917

Anyone else sitting this exam on Wednesday?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me. I've been cramming as much as possible for it, and so far I've managed to remember all the key dates and such. I just need to do some more reading and collect all my notes together before I'm 100% ready for Wednesday.
I am! i know some dates, but not others... there's just so much to learn!
Reply 3
Original post by electrahearts
I am! i know some dates, but not others... there's just so much to learn!

I havent even started and cant until i do my geography exam today
Anyone have any predictions for whats gonna come up??
Original post by 10sriramans
Anyone have any predictions for whats gonna come up??

I'm thinking maybe the 1905 revolution or changes in Russian society? there is no way of really being sure though, as we're on the new spec (unfortunately)
Reply 6
No predictions (trying to predict a new spec AND a history paper is impossible), though I really hope the essay question is about the economy, like it the specimen paper, or Alexander II reforms.

Also, I hope there isn't anything specific on Alexander III. His period (not including economy or social change, that's fine) is my least favourite to write about.
im sitting this paper.

Whats the best exam technique for both questions?

@popcornjpg @electrahearts @issydw4 @seanc77
I'm thinking maybe the 1905 revolution or changes in Russian society? there is no way of really being sure though, as we're on the new spec (unfortunately)

i know nothing on society !!!!!
I don't even know what to revise at this point, I have done a little bit of revision on Alexander II, his reforms and the opposition he faced, a bit on Alexander III on the counter reforms and will revise Nicholas in a minute. What other big events or people should I be revising?
Original post by The gains kinggg
i know nothing on society !!!!!

it's just a guess, as it is a new spec; however, on the two specimen papers on the aqa website, society is not included in the example essays...
it's just a guess, as it is a new spec; however, on the two specimen papers on the aqa website, society is not included in the example essays...

What exactly do you mean by society? Changes in the whole period from 1855-1917?
Guys, how exactly is the exam structured? I know it is 1h 30m long and we have to answer 2 questions, one question is comparing two historical sources and the other one is a statement that we have to agree or disagree, right?
For the second part you get a choice between two questions! It could be explain whether you agree or disagree or it could be evaluate the validity of the statement or how far do you agree with this statement! Something along those lines
Original post by Freyaneedham
For the second part you get a choice between two questions! It could be explain whether you agree or disagree or it could be evaluate the validity of the statement or how far do you agree with this statement! Something along those lines
But, effectively answering it the same way?
Original post by ImGoingToFail12
But, effectively answering it the same way?

Yeah just giving evidence for and against
Yeah just giving evidence for and against
Thanks, how many marks do you think you will need to get an A or a B, also, it is out of 50 right?
Thanks, how many marks do you think you will need to get an A or a B, also, it is out of 50 right?

Yeah 25 for each question! From what I've been told you need to get 21-25 in each question to get into the top band and get an A! Really you need about 16 for each to get a Low B! That's only a rough estimate but it seems about right! Over all you probably need about 42 to get an A and that means you could do really well in one question and not in the other
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah 25 for each question! From what I've been told you need to get 21-25 in each question to get into the top band and get an A! Really you need about 16 for each to get a Low B! That's only a rough estimate but it seems about right! Over all you probably need about 42 to get an A and that means you could do really well in one question and not in the other

I guess a B is achievable for me then, in my mocks I only got 14 in each question.
I guess a B is achievable for me then, in my mocks I only got 14 in each question.

Ahh yeah that's pretty good for a mock! I'm sure we'll all be fine! Let's just pray for Alexander's reforms 🙏🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending