The Student Room Group

Do looks matter to you?

Scroll to see replies

Where are these girls that say looks don't matter? I thought girls were the ones that were pickier. there has to be some physical attraction.
Yes but personality and common interests are more important to me.
Above anon is mine, didn't even tick the anon button -_-.
Yes, but they can't be that important since I didn't find my ex that physically appealing to begin with and actually found him a bit gross near the end of the relationship due to his deterioration in physical health. But I still loved him, stupidly.

Sounds harsh but it's the truth,
Current bf though :wink: 10/10 for me.
Reply 24
I think looks probably matter to almost everyone. I don't think it's enough to have only attractive looks or an attractive personality - typically I expect you need both.

A lot of people do seem to say that looks aren't important, or that caring too much about appearances is shallow, but I think that's mostly self-deception.
I think looks matter but if i liked someone and they werent as good looking as other guys i would still go out with them. Cause i would rather be with someone i like than someone who only looks good.
Yes. I wouldn't enter a relationship with someone I wasn't attracted to because that wouldn't be fair on either of us. Similarly, I wouldn't enter a relationship with my perfect ideal looking man if we didn't mesh well on a personal level etc. It's important to be attracted to a partner both physically and deeper to me.
I'd rather just be their friend, if I didn't find them sexually attractive.
Reply 28
Yes. I want to relate to a girl on a personal, social and intellectual level, but I also want to have sex. I need to find a girl good looking to ensure my soldier stands at attention when that time comes.
I think on a certain level, of course looks matter, attraction needs to be there especially if you want an intimate relationship however I also feel as though you can fall in love with somebody who you originally was not attracted to and end up loving every inch of that person.
Reply 30
Original post by phunky_fresh
Where are these girls that say looks don't matter? I thought girls were the ones that were pickier. there has to be some physical attraction.

Haha, they go to my uni and some of them are my friends. What I have noticed is that some of them have low self esteem. Part of me feels as though they don't prioritise looks because they feel like they lack in that department themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
To everyone who says that looks matter, would you dump your boyfriend or girlfriend if their physical appearance went downhill? For example, if they gained a substantial amount of weight or looked unkempt most of the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by sofi_hadid
I think looks matter but if i liked someone and they werent as good looking as other guys i would still go out with them. Cause i would rather be with someone i like than someone who only looks good.

I get what you're saying. But wouldn't you feel uncomfortable about potentially having sex with someone you're not that physically attracted to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'd say so not massively but there are a few thing i find preferable
Reply 34
a little bit
I find the really hot guys, are generally dickheads.
The ones with a "amazing personality" don't give a **** about you and hardly have a conversation with you.
So, as long as they are fairly good looking, and have a decent personality, that's all I care about.

Don't mean to offend anyone with what I've said.
Original post by Reue
Yes, of course.

PLACEBO
I believe that in the case of first meeting someone with the idea of wanting a relationship with them then looks will be somewhat important as you need that initial attraction to someone, however they should not be as near as important as the personality.

On the other hand, if you have known the person for a while and then decided you wanted a relationship or what not, looks are less important as you already are attracted to them as you know the person and their personality.
Original post by G-mute1995
I get what you're saying. But wouldn't you feel uncomfortable about potentially having sex with someone you're not that physically attracted to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

emotional attraction is more intense and surely if you love someone you shouldnt feel uncomfortable having sex with them.
Reply 39
I think most people would like to date models. But of course it does come down to who you can attract and with a bit of maturity too you also learn that attractiveness has other aspects than just physical looks. Most of the very pretty girls I known have been competing in the premier league for good looking guys. But I have known one or two who lead for personality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending