The Student Room Group

Anyone experienced this feeling and know what it is?

This is probably a really strange question but I wondered if anyone else has experienced this. When I make eye contact with this guy I see about town I feel like I'm looking at myself? I'm struggling to explain what it is but it's a feeling as if we are connected on some deeper level even though we are strangers? I feel like I can sort of sense his emotions and his eyes are very intimate? Anyone else ever experienced this with a stranger?
Reply 1
Anyone?
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone?

No?
He probably just shows his emotions really easily. I know that if someone looks into my eyes, they could tell everything about me because I 'wear my heart on my sleeve'.(old expression for not hiding your emotions)

You don't get it with most people because frankly... most people are dishonest and you could never tell what they might be thinking beneath their shadowed eyes.
Reply 4
This is probably a really strange question but I wondered if anyone else has experienced this. When I make eye contact with this guy I see about town I feel like I'm looking at myself? I'm struggling to explain what it is but it's a feeling as if we are connected on some deeper level even though we are strangers? I feel like I can sort of sense his emotions and his eyes are very intimate? Anyone else ever experienced this with a stranger?
Could be a sign that you're similar or compatible. How long do you generally hold the eye contact for?
Reply 5
Original post by Jazzyboy
He probably just shows his emotions really easily. I know that if someone looks into my eyes, they could tell everything about me because I 'wear my heart on my sleeve'.(old expression for not hiding your emotions)

You don't get it with most people because frankly... most people are dishonest and you could never tell what they might be thinking beneath their shadowed eyes.

Yeah that could be it. He almost seems quite vunerable when it happens. Thanks for your input
Reply 6
Original post by Tootles
Could be a sign that you're similar or compatible. How long do you generally hold the eye contact for?

Sometimes it's can be as much as maybe 5/6 seconds repeated a couple of times in a row. I feel like he is trying to tell me something, it's a very strange feeling
Original post by Jazzyboy

I really don't think an explanation for "wearing your heart on your sleeve" was required!!
Reply 8
Sometimes it's can be as much as maybe 5/6 seconds repeated a couple of times in a row. I feel like he is trying to tell me something, it's a very strange feeling
So go to him and talk to him. Obviously your eyes get along* and that's always a good sign.

*I'm aware how New-Agey that sounds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending