The Student Room Group

when does love come

Im 17 and i havent had a relationship, havent held hands romantically. is this normal? i just wanna feel loved, even if thats for 2 months. i just wanna know if im capable of being loved and if im desirable. Ik relationships arent all that but its just hard to believe im attractive if no one has found me desirable. People around me are either in a relationship, had a relationship or have something complicated going on and im jealous of them all idk what to do
u will feel loved everyone has a person
Reply 2
Original post by tater tot
u will feel loved everyone has a person

do u have a person? when did u meet
It is perfectly normal to not have experienced this by age 17. You only know people you went to school with, after school activities, and your neighbours - that is a very limited pool and there may not be anyone in it you are compatible with. Your social circle will become significantly larger as an adult, provided that you are proactive about meeting people (through uni, work, social groups, etc - whatever you pursue) and don't just sit at home and wait for life to happen to you.
Original post by Anonymous
do u have a person? when did u meet

well ya kinda
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Im 17 and i havent had a relationship, havent held hands romantically. is this normal? i just wanna feel loved, even if thats for 2 months. i just wanna know if im capable of being loved and if im desirable. Ik relationships arent all that but its just hard to believe im attractive if no one has found me desirable. People around me are either in a relationship, had a relationship or have something complicated going on and im jealous of them all idk what to do

It's completely normal to not have experienced a romantic/sexual relationship by seventeen. Love takes time and when you're young you don't want to rush into relationships for the sake of being able to say you've experienced them. At seventeen you should be focusing on yourself, your education, having fun, going out, etc. Don't feel pressured by society to have a relationship.

Please don't think that just because you haven't had one, you are not desirable or attractive. It does not define your attractiveness or your worth. Not only that but love comes in many forms. It comes from your family, your friends and also your love for your family, friends, your love for material objects and ideas, etc.

Love yourself because you are your first love.
Reply 6
Original post by s.hannon
It's completely normal to not have experienced a romantic/sexual relationship by seventeen. Love takes time and when you're young you don't want to rush into relationships for the sake of being able to say you've experienced them. At seventeen you should be focusing on yourself, your education, having fun, going out, etc. Don't feel pressured by society to have a relationship.

Please don't think that just because you haven't had one, you are not desirable or attractive. It does not define your attractiveness or your worth. Not only that but love comes in many forms. It comes from your family, your friends and also your love for your family, friends, your love for material objects and ideas, etc.

Love yourself because you are your first love.

thank you this rlly helped me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending