The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwerty123A
Im trying to email them my documents but it keeps saying that its failing to send. Ive tried the following email addresses:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Maybe its because they are not in the office or something. I'll probably try again tomorrow.

I've just tested the top one and not had an issue. Are you getting a bounce back or is is just failing to send in the first place?
Hi do many people get a place from being on the waiting list for Bm6?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dilpesh98
Hi do many people get a place from being on the waiting list for Bm6?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't make those figures known but it will vary a lot from year to year.
Original post by Neostigmine
I've just tested the top one and not had an issue. Are you getting a bounce back or is is just failing to send in the first place?

Im not sure, this is the email i get:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

-----

But when i go to my 'sent' box it shows that it has been sent. But arent you supposed to get an automated email from admissions after the email goes through?

Or it might be the title of my email that stops it from sending, not sure.
Original post by qwerty123A
Im not sure, this is the email i get:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

-----

But when i go to my 'sent' box it shows that it has been sent. But arent you supposed to get an automated email from admissions after the email goes through?

Or it might be the title of my email that stops it from sending, not sure.

Perhaps because it is definitely working from my uni and personal email accounts and I am getting the friendly automated reply.

Try a different email address perhaps?
Perhaps because it is definitely working from my uni and personal email accounts and I am getting the friendly automated reply.

Try a different email address perhaps?

Hey, if I reapply next year does the fact that I used to be on a bursary count as one of the eligibility criteria? Thanks
Original post by Alisahhh1998
Hey, if I reapply next year does the fact that I used to be on a bursary count as one of the eligibility criteria? Thanks

I believe so yes. It's what I did :yes:
I believe so yes. It's what I did :yes:

But for me it's going to be for 16-18 because once I leave I'll be 19 and no longer in the school the website says a bursary for 16-19 but mine is valid for 16-18 will I still be eligible provided I meet 2 other requirements thanks
Okay, so guys what is the start date of this course?
Original post by musictutor
Okay, so guys what is the start date of this course?

End of September/1st October :smile:
Hello everyone :smile: congrats to everyone who has offers, and to those who didn't, don't give up and use this time to ace your exams and reapply again the following year, in the grand scheme of things a year doesn't make any difference! In terms of the vaccinations we need, I've had an appointment with my GP and they said I should be able to get them free at uni? Does anyone know about whether we do or if we have to pay? Because if we have to pay, i'll just get them done before I go. Thanks :smile:
Original post by abcd123456
Hello everyone :smile: congrats to everyone who has offers, and to those who didn't, don't give up and use this time to ace your exams and reapply again the following year, in the grand scheme of things a year doesn't make any difference! In terms of the vaccinations we need, I've had an appointment with my GP and they said I should be able to get them free at uni? Does anyone know about whether we do or if we have to pay? Because if we have to pay, i'll just get them done before I go. Thanks :smile:

Uni threaten to charge, but never do. Get a list from the GP of what you've had, and get whatever you can as it means fewer trips to OH but the uni will give you what you are missing for free :yes:.
Original post by abcd123456

I didn't bother having anything until I arrived in September. The hospital occupational health sorts everything tho, and they gave me the jabs I needed no problem. There was definitely no mention of charges either. Also, it's not really an extra bother to have them here, occupational health is located at SGH where you are 3 days a week for lectures, so really easy to organise and attend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LittleDonkey
I didn't bother having anything until I arrived in September. The hospital occupational health sorts everything tho, and they gave me the jabs I needed no problem. There was definitely no mention of charges either. Also, it's not really an extra bother to have them here, occupational health is located at SGH where you are 3 days a week for lectures, so really easy to organise and attend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

BM6 are not at SGH three days a week :no:. Not until their second year. So it involves trips up there especially. Not a huge deal but if they can get them before arriving it saves a bit of hassle.
Uni threaten to charge, but never do. Get a list from the GP of what you've had, and get whatever you can as it means fewer trips to OH but the uni will give you what you are missing for free :yes:.

That's great thanks for all the help :smile:
Original post by LittleDonkey

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much :smile:
Can you apply to this with AS' AAAA and predicted grades AAA (as well as of course meeting the contextual requirments)? And does this make your application any stronger?
Can you apply to this with AS' AAAA and predicted grades AAA (as well as of course meeting the contextual requirments)? And does this make your application any stronger?
Original post by medicine71012

Yes you can apply, and predicted grades arent important as long as you meet the minimum requirement of BBC. They only judge candidates based on PS when giving out interviews.
Original post by medicine71012

Yep :smile: I had the exact same predictions. It will not give you an advantage though. Once you've met the grades its all about personal statement and interview!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending