The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Well done ! Good luck for Geography :biggrin:
How did you find English ?

Thank you :biggrin:
And it went really well! They gave us some lovely questions which I was actually able to answer and I had a couple of minutes left at the end to check which is rare as I'm normally so pushed for time! :biggrin:
Did yours go well?
Original post by NiamhM1801
And it went really well! They gave us some lovely questions which I was actually able to answer and I had a couple of minutes left at the end to check which is rare as I'm normally so pushed for time! :biggrin:
Did yours go well?

What questions did you do?
Does anyone do AQA business ? I just wanted some clarity on how to structure answers in order to get full marks. So that would be the 4 mark, 5 mark, 6 mark and 9 mark. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Religious Studies went better than expected and better than english lit. yesterday. Been revising P1 and Edexcel Business Unit 1 for tomorrow.
Original post by ladybird29
Religious Studies went better than expected and better than english lit. yesterday. Been revising P1 and Edexcel Business Unit 1 for tomorrow.

Good to hear. Good luck. 👍👍👍👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Good to hear. Good luck. 👍👍👍👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. Best of luck with AQA Business, when's your exam?
Original post by ladybird29
Thank you. Best of luck with AQA Business, when's your exam?

8.45. I'm planning on staying up till late because of physics. I find business easy but I just want to secure that A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did yours go well?

No worries :smile:
Mine went well too :smile: I was happy :biggrin:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
8.45. I'm planning on staying up till late because of physics. I find business easy but I just want to secure that A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh is that your only business exam? I do business and economics course so unit 1 is tomorrow. 45 minute multiple choice paper at 9:15
then unit 5 is june 10th a 1hr 30 mins 3 section paper
Original post by brainzistheword
I

How did you find geography ?? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dance25
How did you find geography ?? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Relatively easy I think but I ain't going to jump to conclusions :smile:
Yourself?
Yourself?

better than expected yeah :smile:
what's your next exam? i have physics tomorrow .. :s
Original post by dance25
better than expected yeah :smile:
what's your next exam? i have physics tomorrow .. :s

That's good - mine is Biology tomorrow afternoon :smile:

Good luck - are you confident ?
That's good - mine is Biology tomorrow afternoon :smile:

Good luck - are you confident ?

for physics ? no way! my worst science by far :s
so scared...
Original post by Redcoats
What questions did you do?

Animal Farm and the first Of Mice and Men one (on Slim). What about you?
Yourself?

Really? I didn't think it was very good at all...especially the 8 mark questions (well, the second one mainly) but it's probably because I didn't revise enough. :s-smilie:
2 questions confused the hell out of me - the one in rivers where you had to draw a 'plan' of a meander??? And also the one where you had to describe the waves when all you could see was the spray from when it had crashed? I didn't put anything for either of those.

Considering the grade boundaries for this paper are usually really low I'm quite lucky and should still be able to get an A*. Just gonna have to really work in the half term so I nail the human paper now!
hey everyone. i feel like i could quite happily secure A*'s in all of my subjects next year for GCSE.
however, i am really stressing about physics as I find it really hard to apply all of the content to the questions and to make sure that I know all the content.
would really appreciate if anyone who is confident with physics/is gonna get a high grade in their GCSE could tell me how they revise for physics?
thank-you, really want to get an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I officially finished my following IGCES:
- First Language German
- English Language
- Geography
- French
- Maths

Tomorrow I finish science and on Friday English Literature!! And then in the next two weeks only 3 exams to go :smile:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
hey everyone. i feel like i could quite happily secure A*'s in all of my subjects next year for GCSE.
however, i am really stressing about physics as I find it really hard to apply all of the content to the questions and to make sure that I know all the content.
would really appreciate if anyone who is confident with physics/is gonna get a high grade in their GCSE could tell me how they revise for physics?
thank-you, really want to get an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, physics is by far my strongest science so I'll help you out :biggrin:

What I'm doing, as dull as is sounds, is literally handwriting the specification except for the bits where it says 'explain why...' I'm changing that to the actual revision guide/bbc bitesize explanation. I'll then get to the end of one unit, and read through it all again and highlight the really important stuff, then I'll do a past paper but only the questions of the units I've just revised and stopping when it gets to the start of the next one. I'll then mark it and note down what my weaknesses were in order to later come back to them. I'll then do the next unit etc.

When I've done the paper completely I'll have a mark out of 60 similar to if I actually sat that paper.

After a while (usually the next day) I'll do a full past paper in exam conditions and then mark it - I tried to get the 2015 ones as best practise. Managed to for chemistry didn't for biology but I'm trying for physics! If not then I go really old (Jan 2012 usually) as we've done all the recent ones at school so it won't be accurate. I'll then mark it and write down all my weaknesses.

Then I'll go over my weaknesses again to make sure that I've got them sorted.

This usually happens the day before my exam for the first bit, then the last 2 happen on the day of the exam. However I wouldn't recommend leaving it this late as it is not a lot of time at all and relies on you having an afternoon exam which might not always be the case.

Hopefully this has helped, this is how I do it and it might not suit everyone. :smile:
Original post by dance25
for physics ? no way! my worst science by far :s
so scared...

I'm sure you'll do really well - I wish you the best of lcuk

Really? I didn't think it was very good at all...especially the 8 mark questions (well, the second one mainly) but it's probably because I didn't revise enough. :s-smilie:
2 questions confused the hell out of me - the one in rivers where you had to draw a 'plan' of a meander??? And also the one where you had to describe the waves when all you could see was the spray from when it had crashed? I didn't put anything for either of those.

Considering the grade boundaries for this paper are usually really low I'm quite lucky and should still be able to get an A*. Just gonna have to really work in the half term so I nail the human paper now!

Yeah it was better than I thought and yes looking at the boundaries it shouldn't seem too difficult to get high grades. I'm going to be revising like mad over half term to try and secure as much knowledge as possible.

What is you next exam? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending