The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Salters Nuffield Biology A Mark Scheme

Lets make a Mark scheme. I'll create a google docs file and we can start to contrbute and make one.
How did you find the exam?!
Original post by wajeeh1364
How did you find the exam?!

My hand was aching by the end of the 4/5/6 markers, it wasn't brilliant I thought but wasn't too too ambiguous but there was a lot of data analysis and application questions, it seems that with the new spec knowing our stuff is a given and what will sort out the top grades from the lower grades will be your ability to apply your knowledge, what did you think?
Original post by NastassjaF
My hand was aching by the end of the 4/5/6 markers, it wasn't brilliant I thought but wasn't too too ambiguous but there was a lot of data analysis and application questions, it seems that with the new spec knowing our stuff is a given and what will sort out the top grades from the lower grades will be your ability to apply your knowledge, what did you think?

Yeah there were far too many four markers (I counted 8). My hand was aching too. To be honest, I was happy that there were no data analysis questions.. I've never liked them 😜 Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low because no one could've expected that exam
Original post by ninalouise258
There was a question on cabbage pigment and designing an experiment to see the effect of age of the cabbage.

I'm a mature student (25) sitting the Edexcel A new AS level. I ran out of time so lost 6 marks but I answered most of what you've put correctly - that's a good sign, right?!

I need a B to take up my place at medical school this September. Feels like I won't get it after that. Dreading paper 2!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, I'm studying Edexcel Bio A (new 2015 spec) as a mature person too (23 years old). Do you mind if we keep in touch? PM me if you like. I'm also worried about paper 2 :frown:
Original post by ninalouise258
Yes, please, keep in touch. Let me know how revision for paper two is going!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome. Glad I have someone to talk to who is in a similar position to me!! Paper 2 is definitely my weakest area out of the two papers! I'm really panicking tbh and don't really know what to expect on Tuesday! What ways are you studying/revising? I've made notes, flashcards, and have worked through 2 or 3 past papers (untimed) alongside the mark schemes just so I can improve my exam technique but things are still not really sticking :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending