The Student Room Group

10 Hours Intensive Driving Course, no or yes?

I have experience with driving as a learner as my hubby had been teaching me to drive for a year now. I am very comfortable being on the road and relaxed at driving, I am just not as confident with maneuvering as hubby isn't confident to teach me them but done a few whilst driving as I pick it up anyway, so I would say Im OK with it.

I had a driving instructor for 2 lessons when I started and she thought I was natural at driving because I pick up driving very quick, she was convinced that I could pass within 2 weeks when I had no driving experience at that time, but due to finances we decided he could just teach me as we couldnt commit to any of it financially.

But now we're financially better and there's a intensive driving course in my area and they assess you based on how many hours of driving experience you've had and they recommended me to do 10 hours as Im definitely sure I have had more than 50 hours of driving experience, however I'm a bit unsure if I should go for it as I am reading from a lot of people that they find it too much information within such a short amount of time and a waste of money. Plus my concern is after the 10 hours of intensive driving, I am worried I may find out that I need more!

Should I do it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by new93
I have experience with driving as a learner as my hubby had been teaching me to drive for a year now. I am very comfortable being on the road and relaxed at driving, I am just not as confident with maneuvering as hubby isn't confident to teach me them but done a few whilst driving as I pick it up anyway, so I would say Im OK with it.

I had a driving instructor for 2 lessons when I started and she thought I was natural at driving because I pick up driving very quick, she was convinced that I could pass within 2 weeks when I had no driving experience at that time, but due to finances we decided he could just teach me as we couldnt commit to any of it financially.

But now we're financially better and there's a intensive driving course in my area and they assess you based on how many hours of driving experience you've had and they recommended me to do 10 hours as Im definitely sure I have had more than 50 hours of driving experience, however I'm a bit unsure if I should go for it as I am reading from a lot of people that they find it too much information within such a short amount of time and a waste of money. Plus my concern is after the 10 hours of intensive driving, I am worried I may find out that I need more!

Should I do it?

I guess the question I would ask is do you think that doing ten hours intensive lessons would be more beneficial for you than doing lets say 5 one hour lessons where you focus on manoeuvres? It would probably be cheaper and would give you the chance to get used to a car before trying the test?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending