The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Atomicmat
Any predictions for Plate Tectonics, Ecosystems and World Cities? :smile:

For ecosystems I think it's gonna be fragile ecosytems case studies or routeways because AQA love that for 10. And for 8 maybe succession or changes in rural- Urban fringe

I am doing the tectonic 40, and I think it's going to be a theory based question :smile:
Reply 361
Original post by bat_man
yeah, if you look at the spec it wants contrasting case studies for all of those, between countries at different levels of development... so many case studies.

what case study did you use for counter-urbanisation in a less developed country?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sully/97
For ecosystems I think it's gonna be fragile ecosytems case studies or routeways because AQA love that for 10. And for 8 maybe succession or changes in rural- Urban fringe

I am doing the tectonic 40, and I think it's going to be a theory based question :smile:

For ecosystems : the larger question I think will be fragile case studies too :smile: I think the 8 marker could be on succession or nutrient recycling.
Reply 363
what would be an example of a 40 mark essay question on planning and managment (world cities)? Thankyou
World cities 8 and 10??
What are examples of planning and management issues
Original post by lop1234
what case study did you use for counter-urbanisation in a less developed country?

Posted from TSR Mobile

my bad. I think i got confused, you dont need two case studies for each urbanisation process.
World cities 8 and 10??
What are examples of planning and management issues

mexico city, mumbai.
Reply 367
Original post by bat_man
my bad. I think i got confused, you dont need two case studies for each urbanisation process.

few was starting to panic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 368
Hi I am doing Ecosystems, World cities and hopefully the tectonic 40. For World cities can someone tell me what I would write for a question on planning and management issues and economic development and its effect on urbanisation. Also because I am doing a 10 do I still need to know a MEDC and LEDc case
study for urbanisation, sub and counter

You don't need both a medc and Ledc case study for any of the urbanisation processes
Reply 369
Would planning and managment more likely be an 8/10 rather then 40?
Can someone please answer this world cities question, i really dont know how to relate :frown:

"using examples, evaluate the relationship between economic development and urbanisation" - 10 marks.
Any predictions for tectonics/world cities/ ecosystems??
Reply 372
Original post by Atomicmat
Yeah I reckon it'll be something to do with a topical biome - we've had biodiversity and how we need to maintain it and the one about how human activity has altered vegetation characteristics as well as climatic conditions. I really can't think what else they can ask without asking the same things?

I don't think there is anything else they can ask without whipping out a really obscure focus and for a 40 I doubt they would do that so hopefully just one of those reworded?
Reply 373
Original post by annabelflynn
Hey hey,
Yeah I agree! Something to do tropical rainforest, maybe a question similar to the TDW 40 marker, so analysing whether the characteristics are more the result of human influences or natural - there's nothing else they could ask about it right??
Looking at all of the past papers, they've pretty much asked everything I think? They have repeated the TDW question quite a few times, so a repeated question may come up?

Last years 40 marker was a bit weird, threw me off at first but after thinking about it for a while it was okay! Fragile environments and conservation are my worst bits of ecosystems so the fact it came up last year (and hence prob won't come up again) makes me so happy!

It's got to be and no don't think there's anything else - ecosystems at a local scale isn't bad either tbf

It wasn't my favourite, once I'd figured out what it was asking I was fine but I still found it really odd and I'm worried they'll do that again this year because they've run out of things to ask and I'll spend half the time trying to figure out what the question is asking!! I don't mind fragile I think I've finally got my head round it, it's just remembering it all that bothers me. Are you definitely doing the Ecosystems 40?
Original post by bat_man
mexico city, mumbai.

So for Mumbai what can you say :smile:
Reply 375
Any weather and climate short question predictions 😔
Original post by bat_man
Can someone please answer this world cities question, i really dont know how to relate :frown:

"using examples, evaluate the relationship between economic development and urbanisation" - 10 marks.

Hey
Generally as a country becomes more economically developed it becomes more urbanised. This happens because as the county industrialises from a mainly rural and agriculture based economy to a manufacturing and services industry people move from the countryside to the cities in search of employment and a better quality of life. Fo example in UK and Germany the % urban population is over 80% whereas in Afghanistan this figure is below 50%. There are obvs some exceptions to this relationship e.g. Libya has % urban population of over 80% however is relitavely undeveloped, this is because of geographical reasons.
So there is defo a correlation between economic dev and urbanisation but there are also many other factors that affect urbanisation.

Hope this helps xx
Original post by noodle01
Hey
Generally as a country becomes more economically developed it becomes more urbanised. This happens because as the county industrialises from a mainly rural and agriculture based economy to a manufacturing and services industry people move from the countryside to the cities in search of employment and a better quality of life. Fo example in UK and Germany the % urban population is over 80% whereas in Afghanistan this figure is below 50%. There are obvs some exceptions to this relationship e.g. Libya has % urban population of over 80% however is relitavely undeveloped, this is because of geographical reasons.
So there is defo a correlation between economic dev and urbanisation but there are also many other factors that affect urbanisation.

Hope this helps xx

thank you so much! that helped a bunch (:
Reply 378
Any predictions for the World Cities essay? I'm feeling retailing/decentralisation but I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks? Also any short answer predictions for Tectonics and/or Development would be great also!
Hi, any predictions for conflict 40 marker? Any short answers predictions for tectonics and development would be appreciated too! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending