The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mullhouse
Some possible 40 mark tectonic essays that I have found from books and handouts:

The state of economic development in a country is the only factor in determining volcanic and seismic disasters. To what extent do you agree with this view?

The impact of a Tsunami may be felt on a far greater scale than an earthquake. To what extent do you agree with this view?

Volcanic and tectonic activity is solely confined to plate margins. Discuss this statement.

Outline and discuss how plate tectonic theory has evolved over time.

Extrusive vulcanicity along a destructive plate boundary is more hazardous than along a constructive plate boundary. Discuss

how would you go about that last one?
Reply 841
Original post by lulus1
yes

That has come up before but miner extrusive hasn't so revise that!
Reply 842
Original post by SJJ97
That has come up before but miner extrusive hasn't so revise that!

It has come up before as an 8 marker, but in 2011 so I suppose it's very possible to come up again
Reply 843
Original post by SJJ97
So am I right by saying world city essay is either sustainability or planning and managment and development and globalisation short are the continuum, LEDC and sustainability myth or reality?

I'm thinking decentralisation for world cities 40 too? do you think TNCs could come up on short D and G?
Any weather and climate predictions for either the 25 marker or the essay? 😊
What can you talk about for urban decline? Mumbai, London Docklands, OOT Retailing causing inner city deprivation?
Original post by lulus1
yes they often do

For a 40 marker? I haven't seen that before? A 40 marker on sustainable tourism for example would be outrageous IMO. Only a short part of the syllabus.
Reply 847
Original post by Luis Suarez
For a 40 marker? I haven't seen that before? A 40 marker on sustainable tourism for example would be outrageous IMO. Only a short part of the syllabus.

I think its more likely to come up as a part of sustainability as a whole rather than specfically tourism, but my teacher has said 'discuss the extent to which sustainable tourism is a myth or reality' is a likely 40 marker.

She also said to consider: 'Trade is more important than aid in helping countries at very low levels of development to address the challenges they face. to what extent do you agree?'
So both of these focus only on one issue.. so I would learn it even if you think its unlikely.
Reply 848
Original post by 142701
I'm thinking decentralisation for world cities 40 too? do you think TNCs could come up on short D and G?

Okay! Thabkyou!!!
Umm it was a 8/10 marker in 2013 and The 40 marker in 2014- so it's highly unlikely
d and g predictions for the 25 marks?
Reply 850
can anybody help with the potential essay:
'Trade is more important than aid in helping countries at very low levels of development to address the challenges they face. to what extent do you agree?'
its very likely as neither trade vs aid or LDCs have come up in a while!
prediction for ecosystems 40 marker?
Reply 852
Original post by lulus1
can anybody help with the potential essay:
'Trade is more important than aid in helping countries at very low levels of development to address the challenges they face. to what extent do you agree?'
its very likely as neither trade vs aid or LDCs have come up in a while!

Trade vs aid was the 10 marker last year
Reply 853
Original post by SJJ97
Trade vs aid was the 10 marker last year

in terms of the essay though?
Original post by SJJ97
The redevelopment schemes so partnership schemes, property led regeneration, sustainable communities

thank you!
conflict essay predictions???
Original post by Luis Suarez
What can you talk about for urban decline? Mumbai, London Docklands, OOT Retailing causing inner city deprivation?

you could also talk about impacts that suburbanisation and counter-urbanisation have as they leave the least skilled- often immigrants with little skill which can lead to racial and socio-economic segregation created tension between the groups which I think is synoptic as well
Original post by L2311
How do you get an A*, is it 90% total UMS at A2?

And an average of 80% ums between all ur modules including ur AS
Reply 858
could they ask a 40 mark q on reasons for the growth of tncs?
Original post by Piercedoc21
Anyone have a good idea for what's to come up in the short questions for ecosystems and world cities , possibly what's the 40marker on tectonics?

I was thinking tropical biome question and maybe deciduous woodland
Then contemporary urbanisation and maybe regeneration scheme
Then possibly a mostly seismic or theory based 40marker?

Someone else have ideas?

Tropical biome - yes
Deciduous woodland - unlikely I think, came up last year relating to plagioclimax

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending