The Student Room Group

Drama school students! What are your days like?

I know that there are classes all day long, but I've heard that there're classes even at the weekends, is it true?
Also, I'd like to know hat kind of classes do you have and what they include? For example, I know that there're body movement classes (or something like that), but what do you do there? Do you have to do things like somersault for example?

Thank you for your answers and please add your school name, too. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
yep! all this is true! you'l be in 9-5 every day then as you near towards productions you might be in weekends.
You don't have to be able to do anything as there are loads of different classes etc and if you're working on a particular show the casting directors and directors take into account your skill.
It is relentless and if you're looking for any form of normal uni experience, drama school is not for you. No partying on week nights and if you dare come in late or hungover is bad news for you.
Original post by fruzsi97
I know that there are classes all day long, but I've heard that there're classes even at the weekends, is it true?
Also, I'd like to know hat kind of classes do you have and what they include? For example, I know that there're body movement classes (or something like that), but what do you do there? Do you have to do things like somersault for example?

Thank you for your answers and please add your school name, too. Thanks :smile:

Hi there,

Are you looking to go to a drama school which solely focus on drama or are you interested in drama courses at larger universities?

Sam :h:
I was told that Man Met has classes 9-9 Monday through Thursday, then 9-5 Friday. It sounds awesome! Also, they don't allow you in if you're late and if you miss 3 days you have to have a serious meeting about your staying in at Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending