The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Ok, what are the best examples for use of re-urbanisation? Could you use london docklands and gentrification etc??

Also causes and impacts of de centralisation has not come up since 2009 (new spec)
Original post by brackers10
I agree - either this or urban microclimates for the W&C 40 marker. Microclimates hasn't come up in a long time, that'd be personally the one I'd want to do, purely due to the opportunities for synoptic analysis comparing cities, developed, not developed, different geographical locations etc

can you write out just a brief few sentences showing how you would synopticise it. The microclimates.
Reply 1542
Original post by TJ_gym
Ok, what are the best examples for use of re-urbanisation? Could you use london docklands and gentrification etc??

Also causes and impacts of de centralisation has not come up since 2009 (new spec)

I'm using Manchester, and what do you mean by decentralisation ?
Original post by TJ_gym

Yes london dockalnds is really good to use
Anyone know hoe to read a weather chart properly lol
Original post by SJJ97
I'm using Manchester, and what do you mean by decentralisation ?

On the spec it says "THe decentralisation of retailing and other services - causes and impacts"
I agree with you on the Climate and the 40 mark tectonics question, but i think it will have a greater emphasis on EQs as A case study isnt required for Tsunamis, only understanding of formation and Prediction and Building techniques.
I literally cannot remember any figures for the case studies like I'm fine with newbury bypass and London docklands case studies but for hazards I can't remember anything
I'm really sorry- I have done nowhere near enough revision so cannot bring myself to read all 78 pages but what would your predictions be for:

7,8, 10 - Tectonics and World Cities
40- Ecosystems

Please! A couple of options is great as well, doesn't need to be specific! Cheers in advance :smile:
Original post by bat_man
can you write out just a brief few sentences showing how you would synopticise it. The microclimates.

Don't really have time, but basically what you're going for could be talking about LA, the extreme heat island we see there compared to a city like Barcelona. LA sits in a valley, it's also experienced urban sprawl, thus has a very wide distribution of industry + albedo effect of such a large amount of urban area. Air can't escape the valley, and the ocean has a higher heat capacity so takes longer to heat up, potentially explaining why temperature is so different on the outskirts compared to the inner city.

Then just go and discuss suburbs more, and you could talk about the effects of valley on wind etc.

Essentially what I've been taught is that for the 40 markers you've got to show 'flair', and an ability to discuss a number of factors that relate to different aspects of geography, and demonstrate a proper geographical thought process throughout, so why this happens, what effects it has, how it could differ elsewhere etc
any predictions for challenge and conflict 25 marker?
Reply 1551
anyone else necking back an energy drink planning on an all nighter tonight? i know its probably not a good idea but i had psychology unit 3 today which is probably just as content heavy so i'm having to dedicate all of tonight and tomorrow morning to geography :frown:

also any predictions for the short answer tectonics/development and the 40 marker for world cities would be amazing!!
Hey guys,
Could somebody put up an answer to the question; describe and explain the futures of a world city for 10m
It's very likely to come up tomorrow
if there was an 8 marker on landforms associated with tectonic activity, would it ask you to describe the formation of a few of them or just 1 because i dont know enough detail on just one?
Reply 1554
Original post by cmcl
anyone else necking back an energy drink planning on an all nighter tonight? i know its probably not a good idea but i had psychology unit 3 today which is probably just as content heavy so i'm having to dedicate all of tonight and tomorrow morning to geography :frown:

also any predictions for the short answer tectonics/development and the 40 marker for world cities would be amazing!!

haha, i had psy unit 3 today is well!
Hi, I'm studying ecosystems, plate tectonics and world cities. Has anyone got any predictions for the 7,8,10 markers in all of them and the 40 markers in plate tectonics and ecosystems.
Thanks in advance.
Original post by Lavender26
Hey guys,
Could somebody put up an answer to the question; describe and explain the futures of a world city for 10m
It's very likely to come up tomorrow

how do you know that its likely to come up?
oh god I hope not :frown:
I'm really struggling with Urban Heat Islands and case studies for them...

Anyone who can give me some case studies or point me towards some would be greatly appreciated!!!
Original post by Chris Goodier
Hi, I'm studying ecosystems, plate tectonics and world cities. Has anyone got any predictions for the 7,8,10 markers in all of them and the 40 markers in plate tectonics and ecosystems.
Thanks in advance.

One of the structured questions probably on succession-psamosere
Could someone write a an answer for this?
Original post by person3867
I'm really sorry- I have done nowhere near enough revision so cannot bring myself to read all 78 pages but what would your predictions be for:

7,8, 10 - Tectonics and World Cities
40- Ecosystems

Please! A couple of options is great as well, doesn't need to be specific! Cheers in advance :smile:

World cities
7 - figure on urbanisation
8 - shanty towns
10 - sustainable communities OR partnership scheme successes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending