Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Sacred Ground
Leisure centres? Job centres? Offices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You star!!! Thankyou
Reply 1581
Original post by Sacred Ground
Definitely, if you explain how the development of industry etc has stimulated reurbanisation that's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou!! Do you have any D&G predictions?
I think the weather and climate essay could be along the lines of "Evaluate the factors which create differences in climate around the world" (40 marks)

Anyone know how they would answer it?
Can Kibera in Nairobi be used for rapid urbanisation? and what would you say?
Reply 1584
Original post by xojellyxo
So please could someone tell me predictions for the 40 mark world cities essay? Pleeeaseeee.

Urbanisation processes, sustainability, retailing
Could they ask role of mega and millionaire cities, like they asked for role of world cities??
Reply 1586
Predictions for 7, 8, and 10 mark questions for Development and Globalisation and Ecosystems? Haven't really seen any so far.
Original post by Sean Barlow
I think the weather and climate essay could be along the lines of "Evaluate the factors which create differences in climate around the world" (40 marks)

Anyone know how they would answer it?

That'll be a hard one as we don't really have any examples apart from the british isles and the tropical region

I think you'd talk about the tri-cellular model and do an overview
Talk about heat budget and transfers of heat around the world
Compare british isles climate to the tropical climate maybe? And the reasons why their climate is like that i.e. movement of ITCZ giving monsoon climate being dominant but PFJS being dominant in the british isles - maybe compare them for winter and summer
Talk about differences in latitudes - equator being hotter than the poles and so has a tropical rain forest environment - maybe use examples of these
Differences in altitudes in these regions - relief rainfall playing a role in the climate
(edited 7 years ago)
Is anybody else SUPER nervous for this exam, or is it just me? Granted I desperately want to study Geography at university and need an A*.
Reply 1589
Original post by Idolo123
I'm really struggling with Urban Heat Islands and case studies for them...

London: urban area is 6 degrees warmer at night than surround rural areas like Havering. The city has 15,000 businesses some of which release pollutants and 2.6 million registered cars. Makes the av. Temp around 11 degrees vs. Open countryside is lower than 5 degrees. Las Vegas: have air conditioning units which modify their climate
Chicago: an eg of somewhere with more cloud cover - air is warmer, absorbs more moisture, rains more so more cloud cover because of humidity... Hope this helps
Reply 1590
Development and globalisation predictions PLEASE
Original post by SJJ97
Urbanisation processes, sustainability, retailing

Thank you!
Can someone explain how you would add synoptic aspects to the tectonics essay, especially since its being asked about plate tectonic theory and seismicity.
Original post by Pheoa101
any predictions for challenge and conflict 25 marker?

Sparatism or multiculturalism are the favourites
according to someone posting on facebook, for AS resits, apparently aqa take your most recent grade. So i got a C at AS and decided to resit geog 1, and i think i did worse, so i might come out with a lower grade. Can anyone confirm this?
How are people revising for 7 mark questions? or not at all?
Original post by callumthompson
according to someone posting on facebook, for AS resits, apparently aqa take your most recent grade. So i got a C at AS and decided to resit geog 1, and i think i did worse, so i might come out with a lower grade. Can anyone confirm this?

No matter what grade you get, whether you've done the exam twice or even 3 times, they will always take the grade highest of the resits you've done x
Original post by LauraM1997
No matter what grade you get, whether you've done the exam twice or even 3 times, they will always take the grade highest of the resits you've done x

thank god, thank you for putting my mind at rest
What the hell is emerging technologies in the 21st century?
Original post by cmcl
anyone else necking back an energy drink planning on an all nighter tonight? i know its probably not a good idea but i had psychology unit 3 today which is probably just as content heavy so i'm having to dedicate all of tonight and tomorrow morning to geography :frown:

also any predictions for the short answer tectonics/development and the 40 marker for world cities would be amazing!!

yeah definitely doing a late one tonight with you on that. Tectonics is likely to be on causes, characteristic, impacts of earthquakes and maybe plate theory. The cities 40 marker people are predicting sustainability, retailing and the urbanisation processes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending