The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Well done :smile:
How did your exams go ?
Thank you, you too. I'm not revising much for Maths - mainly doing Psychology. Maths is my strong point and I've already got an A* but I'm aiming for another one. Although on my results day paper it would still say Maths - A*. So psychology was my main priority today - 20 case studies to remember :redface: + notes

Wowee that's a lot of case studies. Thank you - I think they were alright but I have mixed feelings.

Not that you need it but good luck in Maths and good luck for psychology :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Wowee that's a lot of case studies. Thank you - I think they were alright but I have mixed feelings.

Not that you need it but good luck in Maths and good luck for psychology :smile:

Ikr :smile: I'm sure you've done well :smile:

Haha thank you and you too
8/06/2016 - Evening update

Haven't done much today, kinda chilling because it's only maths tomorrow :smile: thought I'd better get ahead for biology on Friday though.

-"best guess" maths paper - 88% (so disappointing but it was an absolutely appalling paper - so badly put together and no A/A* topics only easier ones which is where I lose all my marks due to silly mistakes :colonhash:)
-biology b4 notes finished

I'll have more time tomorrow so should be able to get more done. I'm in a foul mood currently and I don't know why. Hm.
Original post by NiamhM1801

Haven't done much today, kinda chilling because it's only maths tomorrow :smile: thought I'd better get ahead for biology on Friday though.

-"best guess" maths paper - 88% (so disappointing but it was an absolutely appalling paper - so badly put together and no A/A* topics only easier ones which is where I lose all my marks due to silly mistakes :colonhash:)

I'll have more time tomorrow so should be able to get more done. I'm in a foul mood currently and I don't know why. Hm.

Well done Niamh. I'm so stressed about maths. Where do you think the A boundary will be this year ? Thanks.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

Well done :smile: Same here i'm chilling about maths too. Concentrated more on Psychology
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Well done Niamh. I'm so stressed about maths. Where do you think the A boundary will be this year ? Thanks.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

Don't stress I'm sure you'll do great :smile:
And the boundary for an A is usually around 130, so depending on the difficulty of tomorrow's paper is say anywhere from 126-137 really, best and worst case scenarios.
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done :smile: Same here i'm chilling about maths too. Concentrated more on Psychology

Thank you :smile: is that tomorrow? Good luck whenever it is :smile:
Original post by Macauley Ware
I am yet to revise for one exam. I have screwed it all up, was expected all A stars and now ill be getting A's and B's, well behind the other "smartest kids" in our school. Results day is going to be embarrassing

Don't lose hope...I'm sure you would've done great even if it's not what you've expected...👍👍👍🙂

💝Life's too short💝

Well done..👏👏👏

💝Life's too short💝
Don't stress I'm sure you'll do great :smile:
And the boundary for an A is usually around 130, so depending on the difficulty of tomorrow's paper is say anywhere from 126-137 really, best and worst case scenarios.

Thanks Niamh. I hope my hard work pays off.

Original post by ?Hannah
Yeah, I completely get you. It's just been such a bad day tbh... Not trying to be depressing or anything but the reason why I didn't reply ASAP was because I have kind of spent the evening crying... lol. I used to have trust in quite a lot of people, but now (due to everything that has happened-being stabbed in the back so many times) I only trust about 2 close friends, who I hardly see - but know that they have my back. I used to hate being on my own, but over the last two years I have learned to love and appreciate it. So, it won't be awkward to be at school on my own, I will just focus directly on my GCSEs now. 'Lone wolf' sounds quite poetic, it's good that you have people who you can trust though. He sounds a bit like my English teacher - one who does like to joke about people in the class!😂

Thanks lala! Yeah, friendships are pretty hard work. Tbh I am probably just going to give up and not care anymore. If the girl apologises then of course I will forgive her. But I doubt that I will go back to being 'friends' with her. Aha, yeah but there are about 120 girls in the year and I haven't developed or got close friendship with any of them, it kinda makes me question whether or not there is something wrong with me! Thanks, I hope all of your GCSEs have gone really well! :smile:

Aha, I wish - the majority of them are smarter than me tbh! I think they are quite intimidated due to how alternative I am and how I have never followed the crowd. Apparently according to many adults, I am quite mature for my age. Which I doubt. Well, I have the rest of year ten and then year eleven - but then I'm just gonna get the hell out of there! I am going to a sixth form college. Now, I think I will just focus on my GCSEs, forget about 'fake friendships' and make sure that I perform well and achieve high grades. Tbh, the whole situation has actually given me more time to focus on work.

See...there is a bright side to all that darkness...
Thx...though my GCSEs aren't going so great...I just spend most of the day sleeping and then suddenly get really nervous about them and start revising at like 2 in the morning...
I hope your GCSEs go great...
Tbh..since year 7 I've always counted down my time for how long I was gonna be with these acquaintances..and now look..I've only got to go to school for my exams..so I don't have to be bored and Stuck in the whole school day anymore...yay...only two weeks to go...😝😝😛😛

💝Life's too short💝
Thanks Niamh. I hope my hard work pays off.

I have pseudo-scientifically proven that pessimists tend to do much better when they felt like they did terribly. Did an internal assasment on it with a rather small sample (around 50 kids) and they were all "pessimists" according to my test results.

After analysing my results it showed that these who thought failed did much better than those who felt it went extremely well!

Wish I had that whole essay on me, but I can't find it! :/
Original post by ?Hannah
Yeah, I completely get you. It's just been such a bad day tbh... Not trying to be depressing or anything but the reason why I didn't reply ASAP was because I have kind of spent the evening crying... lol. I used to have trust in quite a lot of people, but now (due to everything that has happened-being stabbed in the back so many times) I only trust about 2 close friends, who I hardly see - but know that they have my back. I used to hate being on my own, but over the last two years I have learned to love and appreciate it. So, it won't be awkward to be at school on my own, I will just focus directly on my GCSEs now. 'Lone wolf' sounds quite poetic, it's good that you have people who you can trust though. He sounds a bit like my English teacher - one who does like to joke about people in the class!😂

Thanks lala! Yeah, friendships are pretty hard work. Tbh I am probably just going to give up and not care anymore. If the girl apologises then of course I will forgive her. But I doubt that I will go back to being 'friends' with her. Aha, yeah but there are about 120 girls in the year and I haven't developed or got close friendship with any of them, it kinda makes me question whether or not there is something wrong with me! Thanks, I hope all of your GCSEs have gone really well! :smile:

Aha, I wish - the majority of them are smarter than me tbh! I think they are quite intimidated due to how alternative I am and how I have never followed the crowd. Apparently according to many adults, I am quite mature for my age. Which I doubt. Well, I have the rest of year ten and then year eleven - but then I'm just gonna get the hell out of there! I am going to a sixth form college. Now, I think I will just focus on my GCSEs, forget about 'fake friendships' and make sure that I perform well and achieve high grades. Tbh, the whole situation has actually given me more time to focus on work.

Lol. He and I share a love for poetry and English as a whole. Lol. He says that as a compliment though. He says that my attitude and mindset will get me far in life. He called a fellow student of mine Big D because his name begins with a capital D. Everyone had burst into laughter after hearing that. I hope I don't have to explain the reason for that.

Is that meant to rhyme ? You should put that as your signature.

Woah, I didn't realise I rhymed! I'll do that maybe.
Original post by Mac117
I have pseudo-scientifically proven that pessimists tend to do much better when they felt like they did terribly. Did an internal assasment on it with a rather small sample (around 50 kids) and they were all "pessimists" according to my test results.

After analysing my results it showed that these who thought failed did much better than those who felt it went extremely well!

Oh come on...I always thought it was the opticians who did great..so I've always looked on the bright side of things...😞

💝Life's too short💝
Original post by Mac117

Wow. This makes me feel so much better. I just hope that I get an A. However, I believe my English exams would be an outlier. I always think I do well in them and I always get an A* in them. Those are the only exams in which I feel I did well and actually end up doing well.

Optimists*

💝Life's too short💝
Original post by lala*15
Oh come on...I always thought it was the opticians who did great..so I've always looked on the bright side of things...😞

💝Life's too short💝

In my test I have excluded all the optimists! I focused specifically on the pessimists and the questionnaire helped me determine them :smile:
Out of these pessimists, those who thought did well got actually worse results!
Original post by Mac117
In my test I have excluded all the optimists! I focused specifically on the pessimists and the questionnaire helped me determine them :smile:

Ah..I see...😌

💝Life's too short💝

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending