The Student Room Group

Sleep/revision/exams??!!

I can't sleep for long hours. I sleep for only a couple of hours before I want to wake up. For example 3 hours. Is this bad?

I have an exam tomorrow so I'll be revising until 3 AM. I have a lot to cover so does this sound OK to you?

Is anyon else like me? :/
If you can think properly with only 3 hrs of sleep I guess its fine
Reply 2
Of course it's bad, sleep deprivation will significantly impact your exam performance. Staying up will hinder your performance more than it will help.

Try your best to get sufficient rest and sleep before your exam.
Original post by Kryptonian
I can't sleep for long hours. I sleep for only a couple of hours before I want to wake up. For example 3 hours. Is this bad?

I have an exam tomorrow so I'll be revising until 3 AM. I have a lot to cover so does this sound OK to you?

Yes

I need about 10 hours. 3 hours wtf?
Reply 5
I need a B for tomorrow so I guess it is worth it. Better get started now or I will have to sleep at 4
Reply 6
Original post by ElaArslan
If you can think properly with only 3 hrs of sleep I guess its fine

Yes my brain works prefectly thank you! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by eden3
Of course it's bad, sleep deprivation will significantly impact your exam performance. Staying up will hinder your performance more than it will help.

Try your best to get sufficient rest and sleep before your exam.

I think for maths it is a good idea because you just need to understand the topics so if I learn them all then it is good.

I will have some sleep of course.
Reply 8
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Yes

What if it is enough sleep for me and I think fine?
Reply 9
I think for maths it is a good idea because you just need to understand the topics so if I learn them all then it is good.

I will have some sleep of course.

It's just my advice - if you really want to stay up then it's up to you.

Good luck in your exam!
Reply 10
Original post by ODES_PDES
I need about 10 hours. 3 hours wtf?

Lol 10 hrs is loads like a half day asleep!!!!
Reply 11
Original post by eden3
It's just my advice - if you really want to stay up then it's up to you.

Good luck in your exam!

Thank you!! :-)
I'm starting now... :biggrin:
Reply 12
Same bro! :awesome: gotta prepare for that chemistry on friday though :colonhash:

If you can pull an allnighter to wing an exam then fair enough, I can't. However three hours is not nearly enough recovery time for your body in the long run, you need at least eight give or take
Reply 14

youre gonna do it anyway so why bother asking.. especially since when anyone tries to advise you against it you reject what they have to say? my advice is to get off tsr and revise what you really need to asap and sleep asap
Yes my brain works prefectly thank you! :smile:

If it works fine and you can think correctly as you would do with say 8 hours sleep, then what is the point of asking?
:five: I'm the same! Though I did a 9 AM exam with 3hrs sleep and it was okay.

Make sure you remain calm in the exam haul though. Take some deep breathes when you sit in the hall before your paper.
Reply 17
I had core 2 this morning yeah... Took a break for the rest of the day but feeling a little guilty I didn't do any chemistry revision, gonna make up for it tomorrow though! :headbang:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending