The Student Room Group

What should I do?

Hi all!
Hopefully I'm putting this in the right place...
So I've applied to uni in September. I do three A-levels at college, and I've also had to do a fast track course in another A-level, biology (fast track meaning AS and A2 in less than a year self taught)

In December and at the start of this year, I went through major trauma. I won't go into details, but I'm still just about managing to start recovery now, and even then it's putting major strain on me. My problem is, I screwed up.

Before I explain, please refrain from telling me I screwed up - I know. I've beaten myself up enough, trust me. Basically, there's two coursework style units to my course, that have to be authenticated and then marked. My coursework wasn't authenticated in time and so it couldn't be marked and submitted to the exam boards. (My fault, I didn't finish it in time to allow a good amount of time before the deadline for it to be marked with everything going on for me then.) As such, I'm going to have two whole units missing in my grade.

I need a B to get onto my course, and without those units it's unlikely I'll even get a C. What should I do? Should I contact the university and let them know, or just ride it out?
Thanks!
Original post by Thewinglessfairy
Hi all!
So I've applied to uni in September. I do three A-levels at college, and I've also had to do a fast track course in another A-level, biology (fast track meaning AS and A2 in less than a year self taught)

In December and at the start of this year, I went through major trauma. I won't go into details, but I'm still just about managing to start recovery now, and even then it's putting major strain on me. My problem is, I screwed up.

Before I explain, please refrain from telling me I screwed up - I know. I've beaten myself up enough, trust me. Basically, there's two coursework style units to my course, that have to be authenticated and then marked. My coursework wasn't authenticated in time and so it couldn't be marked and submitted to the exam boards. (My fault, I didn't finish it in time to allow a good amount of time before the deadline for it to be marked with everything going on for me then.) As such, I'm going to have two whole units missing in my grade.

I need a B to get onto my course, and without those units it's unlikely I'll even get a C. What should I do? Should I contact the university and let them know, or just ride it out?
Thanks!

unfortunately as you know you should have kept to the correct timings as stated in your course, and you are probably aware that universities are unlikely to look in favour of your application considering that a lot of universities have very strict deadlines on coursework. But some universities may, my best advice is to ride it out and see what grade you get, you have no idea right now what you will get and saying anything wont really make much difference. wait till you have the full picture to see what you can do, if you get rejected try clearing or maybe try resiting?
Original post by Thewinglessfairy
Hi all!

Thanks!

Your referee can contact the universities and make them aware of your extenuating circumstances, but really it varies by uni as to how much they will take it into account. Note though for the future e.g. at uni, if something happened that might affect your ability to get work done on time such as illness (including mental health problems), bereavement, with evidence you can apply for a coursework extension.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending