The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
£/$ down by 5.5% now.

I hope you have reserves in dollars and euros. :biggrin:
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I am extremely unhappy and bitter. Didn't realise the country was this retarded.

Many smart people vote leave.
Placed a bet on remain now that the odds have changed (may as well make some money if the worst should happen).
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I am extremely unhappy and bitter. Didn't realise the country was this retarded.

I'm not happy at English voters tbh :biggrin:
Scotland has shown it's true colours though. We believe in the EU :smile:
Oxford result:
Remain: 70.3% (49,424)
Leave: 29.7% (20,913)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
Foreigners, by definition, cannot vote.

Commonwealth citizens can :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cbreef
Yeah I can understand Aberdeen actually. But everywhere else.....

The SNP want a Scottish Remain because it boosts their Indy case, nothing else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 867
Original post by Naveed-7
The pound drop does not worry me at all. We will be fine. Dont be fooled by project fear.
Think about the £350 million we can regain every week. And look at this:

[video="youtube;vTCIwo3cEvU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTCIwo3cEvU[/video]

We will be FINE, if we leave. We can do this fellow Beleavers and non Beleavers.

Naveed you parrot :biggrin:
Can someone explain why the pound is dropping? I'm a complete novice when it comes to economy
Original post by physicsphysics91
We're the 5th biggest economy in the world, the EU needs us more than we need the EU.

Germany's is bigger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Opinion
Placed a bet on remain now that the odds have changed (may as well make some money if the worst should happen).

I am trying to do this!! I do not know how!

I have never betted before. Do I have to verify my age before I can bet (and therefore have to wait till tomorrow etc) or can I do it instantly?
Original post by welshiee
The markets are volatile, much like many of the remain camp who, rather than assess the entire picture logically, are overcome with emotion and go on ridiculous rants. The pound becoming weaker can actually benefit you as it can boost exports, lead to job creation and many countries, even those in the EU have purposely devalued their own currency to achieve such. A stronger pound benefits the richest. Why do you think the rich elites, along with the likes of Cameron, were supporting the remain campaign?

It's that same reactionist nonsense that leads to them calling everyone who wants a debate about controlled migration a racist. If they spent half as much time actually thinking about things logically, as they do filling themselves with emotional rage, they might actually have a clue.

True. While right now it is bad for the normal person for trade its great, in turn making it better for all of us. But it should return to normal within the day.
Original post by Midlander
I am packing my bags for Deutschland.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. Get ready for the Great British Brain Drain.

At least there'll be the option of moving back to the British isles when Scotland inevitably votes to leave the UK and join the EU in a couple of years.
****ing love the Irish.
Original post by welshiee
The markets are volatile, much like many of the remain camp who, rather than assess the entire picture logically, are overcome with emotion and go on ridiculous rants. The pound becoming weaker can actually benefit you as it can boost exports, lead to job creation and many countries, even those in the EU have purposely devalued their own currency to achieve such. A stronger pound benefits the richest. Why do you think the rich elites, along with the likes of Cameron, were supporting the remain campaign?

It's that same reactionist nonsense that leads to them calling everyone who wants a debate about controlled migration a racist. If they spent half as much time actually thinking about things logically, as they do filling themselves with emotional rage, they might actually have a clue.

You've clearly got expertise in economy.

Very interesting and very enlightening.

Spoiler

Original post by physicsphysics91
Many smart people vote leave.

Oxford - Remain 70%
Original post by Josb
Foreigners, by definition, cannot vote.

I mean non white natives i.e. English/Welsh/Scottish/Irish, but who are British nationals. Immigrants I should say. Mainly Eastern and South Asian british nationals :smile:
The SNP want a Scottish Remain because it boosts their Indy case, nothing else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're at least half right there
Germany's is bigger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes the only one that is bigger, france is similar the rest arent that great.
Original post by ohgeez
Goddamn. Called it too soon.

Someone needs to make this gif with Boris. There must be footage of him waving his arms around somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending