The Student Room Group

10 things that may change your mind about Brexit

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/people-in-brysterics-over-brexit-need-to-answer-these-10-questions-2016-06-29

I do wish we could have less irresponsible hysteria thrown at leavers. There are many rational arguments for leaving, which intelligent leavers wished to articulate before the vote, but simply didn't have time in the cacophony of howls and jeers about racism and little Englanders. I really think some remainers need a dose of perspective, some of their behaviour has been, maybe appositely, not very British. What the hell happened to 'stiff upper lip' or 'keep calm and carry on'?
(edited 7 years ago)
I can't name 10 things that may change my mind about brexit but I can name 10 things that make me thing that it is a bad idea... 1) Nigel Farage. 2) Nigel Farage. 3) Nigel Farage Repeat for 4-10. You get the picture image.jpg
That's trivlializing. it's sod all to do with personalities, it's to do with logic. And what about progressives who oppose globalization, who want more say in their affairs? What about the ludicrous idea that opposition to free (white European)movement means racism, that it couldn't be to do with low wages, and economic issues, pressure on housing and prices? What about the false economic boons sold to us, and the false notion that it was our only way to trade or look out into the world, in fact it is a protectionist, cynical, unaccountable racket that ties our hands.

Just think we have been portrayed unfairly and there are many intelligent arguments all over the political spectrum for Independence. The other thing is that remain relies mainly on short termism and fear. Where is their historical and philosophical perspective, of anything wider than this moment, or vision of anywhere further into the future. That's why ultimately they ran such a depressing campaign.
Original post by 1998RF
I can't name 10 things that may change my mind about brexit but I can name 10 things that make me thing that it is a bad idea... 1) Nigel Farage. 2) Nigel Farage. 3) Nigel Farage Repeat for 4-10. You get the picture image.jpg

I absolutely hate and get scared by the fact that some people in this country disrespect Nigel Farage. They are brainwashed.

Nigel Farage speaks the truth and is straight forward. He has spent the last 17 years fighting for us to have a EU referendum. If you look at his speeches in EU headquarters on Youtube, you will realise how much he has fought for our freedom. Nigel Farage is most of the reason why we had the EU referendum.

Nigel Farage might make a few mistakes every now and then, but that does not give us a reason to hate him, especially with what he has already done for us in the past 17 years.

The £350 million mistake was not Nigel Farage's fault.
Original post by Naveed-7
I absolutely hate and get scared by the fact that some people in this country disrespect Nigel Farage. They are brainwashed.

Nigel Farage speaks the truth and is straight forward. He has spent the last 17 years fighting for us to have a EU referendum. If you look at his speeches in EU headquarters on Youtube, you will realise how much he has fought for our freedom. Nigel Farage is most of the reason why we had the EU referendum.

Nigel Farage might make a few mistakes every now and then, but that does not give us a reason to hate him, especially with what he has already done for us in the past 17 years.

I can understand that the £350million wasn't entirely Farage's fault: however I still can't trust him! He's just too far right for me - I can see why some people think that he is the right man to lead us out of the EU as he has campaigned for so many years, but he's just not for me

I know mate. They are utterly indoctrinated by the globalist, neoliberal establishment and it's wishes. They believe in living in a world of thought and speech crimes, they are a totalitarians dream. It is scary how sanctimonious, shrill and brainwashed they are. They can't imagine that someone going against establishment their whole life and making it bloody hellish for themselves, with death threats and all, could be doing it because they care about the truth. Meanwhile, they think all the other bleating robots supporting consensus must be doing so out of honourable reasons. I think deep down a lot of it is projection, over their own self-disgust that they are frauds, opportunists part of consensus, and in fact more racist than the people who speak truth, and appear remotely human and not like plastic PC robots.

I dislike Farage mainly on the basis that he pretends to be working class with his 'let me join you for a pint' act. The supposed man-of-the-people was educated in a public school and then worked in the City. Any other politician would be roasted for that kind of background yet dear old Nige is fine because he can hold a cigarette and a beer at the same time.

His actions at the European Parliament the other day only solidified my position. Since when did insulting someone become the best way of getting something from them? I see him as a deeply unpleasant individual.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending