The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spotify95
That's the one - after all, this model of laptop is a few years old! In August of 2016 I'll have had this laptop 5 years! And believe me, even 30 minutes is doing pretty well for a 5 year old battery that got used quite regularly.

After about the 3 year mark, performance rapidly started dropping, with the battery barely lasting 1 hour. Now Windows 7 tells me (on the old battery, not the 9 cell) that I should "consider replacing your battery". It still works though, for about half an hour, which is more than can be said for the original battery in my old Packard Bell from 2007!

The Packard Bell's original battery fails to take a charge now (was about 2.5 hours when new, 6 cell), so I bought one off eBay. Turned out it was a cheap battery from China... and gave me problems with blue screens, not charging, glitching with the keyboard and mouse... Might try and repair the original Packard Bell battery somehow, and selling the cheap replacement as for parts if I can't get it charged up!

Haha, that's the advantage of studying Electronical Engineering, you can try and fix stuff, and if it doesn't work out sell the parts individually, good stuff man! :wink:

Yep, it used to be... Now I think it's closer to 20, somewhere between 10 and 20. Which is much better.

They also had it so that you couldn't give more than 5 reps per day, though now that limit has gone.

How long ago was this? :redface:

Original post by hamza772000
How long ago was this? :redface:

Can't remember exactly when they changed it (may have been late last year or early this year), but I know when I joined up it was 40 between reps of the same member. I even asked in the help and feedback area to confirm.

Original post by Matrix123
OK, I might be asleep once you've done that though :tongue:
Yeah! It'd be AWESOME to see you here more often :awesome:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha no worries!! I can wait until the morning for the response!
Hehe i feel AWESOME just being here! :awesome:
Can't remember exactly when they changed it (may have been late last year or early this year), but I know when I joined up it was 40 between reps of the same member. I even asked in the help and feedback area to confirm.

OH, that was horrible :frown:
Any ways, it was great talking to you :wink: , I better go get some sleep now. :redface:
Goodnight! :biggrin:

I read it all:tongue:

I am just...... Kinda angry coz i put henna on my sisters hand...... And she just ruined it all:angry:...... But nevwr mind it was my fault
(edited 7 years ago)
Haha, that's the advantage of studying Electronical Engineering, you can try and fix stuff, and if it doesn't work out sell the parts individually, good stuff man! :wink:

Yep - also, I once saw a student using the labs a few months ago. They had 2 laptops, both were almost identical; one was almost complete (with a small fault) and one was used as spares. They took the working bits from the spares/repairs laptop to fix the slightly better laptop that needed a repair - result, one laptop working, one laptop still kept as spares etc. :smile:

I suppose all of the bits that the person doesn't need, will likely be sold on eBay as spares etc.

I've also got an order coming through soon, I bought a job lot of 61x internal laptop speakers for just £8 including postage. I can sell the speakers on individually as pairs, for each laptop, and make a nice profit on them :smile:

Any ways, it was great talking to you :wink: , I better go get some sleep now. :redface:

It was certainly more annoying, getting the "please rate some other members" message appear all time time!

Okay, I won't be long either, goodnight!

Yep, now that i am here u can go? :erm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mediaya
Yep, now that i have u can go? :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So sorry :frown: but I need to sleep so I can wake up for Eid namaz :frown:

I'll ttyl, I promise :wink:

Yep - also, I once saw a student using the labs a few months ago. They had 2 laptops, both were almost identical; one was almost complete (with a small fault) and one was used as spares. They took the working bits from the spares/repairs laptop to fix the slightly better laptop that needed a repair - result, one laptop working, one laptop still kept as spares etc. :smile:

I suppose all of the bits that the person doesn't need, will likely be sold on eBay as spares etc.

I've also got an order coming through soon, I bought a job lot of 61x internal laptop speakers for just £8 including postage. I can sell the speakers on individually as pairs, for each laptop, and make a nice profit on them :smile:

Good Luck with your trading/business :wink:

Original post by mediaya
Yep, now that i have u can go? :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, can you please edit this to include the number? :smile:

Good Luck with your trading/business :wink:

Thanks very much - it'll be quite a slow process but should be ok :smile:

Original post by FireFreezer77
Haha no worries!! I can wait until the morning for the response!
Hehe i feel AWESOME just being here! :awesome:

Cool :biggrin:
I'm glad you feel AWESOME here :awesome: if you like this, maybe you could check out some of the other threads in Forum Games? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm glad you feel AWESOME here :awesome: if you like this, maybe you could check out some of the other threads in Forum Games? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, there's plenty of other threads around - including:
CTAM
GvB
Last Person to Post Here Wins
Count to 100 before a Mod, Section Leader or Admin posts

and many more!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin:
Im glad i can be a part of this AWESOME thread :awesome:
I have been meaning to but i just feel it would be awkward to just slot myself in now.
But i shall take a look!

Yep, there's plenty of other threads around - including:
CTAM
GvB
Last Person to Post Here Wins
Count to 100 before a Mod, Section Leader or Admin posts

and many more!

Oooh excellent
I shall take a look at those ones and see what theyre all about.
Thanks for the list!

Oooh excellent
I shall take a look at those ones and see what theyre all about.
Thanks for the list!

Yep - once you've started posting in forum games, you'll probably want to post quite a lot in there :biggrin:

And what is that supposed to mean, sir?

Well done on the edit; I was afraid of having to sigh agaaaaaiiiiiinnn!
Posted from TSR Mobile

What? :innocent:

:rolleyes:

:biggrin:
Im glad i can be a part of this AWESOME thread :awesome:
I have been meaning to but i just feel it would be awkward to just slot myself in now.
But i shall take a look!

I am also glad you are a part of this AWESOME thread :awesome:
Ohh, well if you think it would be that awkward, you could always tell me and I'll just tag you into it if I already post there :wink:
Good good! :biggrin:
Original post by Andy98
What? :innocent:

:rolleyes:

Ahem, you are not innocent! You know perfectly well what I am talking about:yep:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest