The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

missed my offer by one IB point but exceed my HL offer for Zoology (Exeter)

My sister's offer from Exeter (Cornwall campus) was 34 with 555 at HL and she achieved 33 with 655 at HL. She was one mark off a 6 in HL biology, one mark off a 7 in SL english, and three marks off a 5 in Maths SL and a 6 in SL Economics. She has sent these four back for remarking.

What is the likelihood Exeter would consider her with 33 IB points? How likely is it that one of these remarks will come back favourably and push the overall up to the required 34? Will Exeter be able to be more flexible with a course like Zoology that I imagine has less applicants than Law/Business Management/English etc.
Original post by Lauren12345
My sister's offer from Exeter (Cornwall campus) was 34 with 555 at HL and she achieved 33 with 655 at HL. She was one mark off a 6 in HL biology, one mark off a 7 in SL english, and three marks off a 5 in Maths SL and a 6 in SL Economics. She has sent these four back for remarking.

What is the likelihood Exeter would consider her with 33 IB points? How likely is it that one of these remarks will come back favourably and push the overall up to the required 34? Will Exeter be able to be more flexible with a course like Zoology that I imagine has less applicants than Law/Business Management/English etc.

She wont know until her results are confirmed and she speaks to them but as a near miss with that, they may still consider her, depending on what all of the other applicants get.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

She needs to tell Exeter she is getting some papers remarked.

Nobody, not even Exeter itself, will be able to answer these questions until results day, I'm afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending