The Student Room Group

Stretch marks

I've had stretch marks behind my legs since I was 14 (17 now) and its not like I'm fat or anything, I think it was probably because of a growth spurt. However, it makes me embarrassed to wear dresses or shorts because of this as I just think it looks disgusting and I can imagine people just staring at them thinking the same, but it's just so frustrating and its all well and good saying "who cares what others think" "be yourself" and all that, but it's so annoying as none of my friends have them and I've never seen anyone have them from any age either, so I was wondering if anyone had seen someone with prominent stretch marks on show and what your reaction to that would be
Many people have stretch marks, both in visible and non-visible places. Just because you can't see them on your friends, it doesn't mean they don't have them.It's a natural process that occurs. There's nothing wrong with them.I understand why you may feel embarrassed but if someone is so shallow to judge you just for that, then that's not someone you need in life.
Bio oil is really good for fading stretch marks, they won't completely remove them but they'll fade them significantly. It's a bit on the pricey side but so worth it!:biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by examiningboard
Many people have stretch marks, both in visible and non-visible places. Just because you can't see them on your friends, it doesn't mean they don't have them.It's a natural process that occurs. There's nothing wrong with them.I understand why you may feel embarrassed but if someone is so shallow to judge you just for that, then that's not someone you need in life.

I absolutely agree! Everyone has insecurities regarding their body whether it be something visible to others like acne or not visible to others. Either way, to make yourself feel better why not focus on the bright side: there are so much worse things to have and stretch marks are not one of them because at the end of the day people who love and care about you now and who will in the future will accept you for who you are, not what you look like.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I've had stretch marks behind my legs since I was 14 (17 now) and its not like I'm fat or anything, I think it was probably because of a growth spurt. However, it makes me embarrassed to wear dresses or shorts because of this as I just think it looks disgusting and I can imagine people just staring at them thinking the same, but it's just so frustrating and its all well and good saying "who cares what others think" "be yourself" and all that, but it's so annoying as none of my friends have them and I've never seen anyone have them from any age either, so I was wondering if anyone had seen someone with prominent stretch marks on show and what your reaction to that would be

I've had stretch marks on the back of my legs which happened when I was 13. It is to do with growth spurts, I'm nearly 6 foot lol. Apply bio oil and it should fade to white eventually. Apply it twice to three times a day and you will see an improvement. Don't worry, you are not the only young person to get that :smile:
Reply 5
No one has been judging me for them, mainly because I don't wear clothes that have them on show, what does get me though is the fact that everyone around me has flawless legs (trust me, I stare at other girls' legs my age for any sign they have them and they don't), so idk why I'm the one that has to have them 😭
Reply 6
Original post by slee551
I've had stretch marks on the back of my legs which happened when I was 13. It is to do with growth spurts, I'm nearly 6 foot lol. Apply bio oil and it should fade to white eventually. Apply it twice to three times a day and you will see an improvement. Don't worry, you are not the only young person to get that :smile:

The growth spurt wasn't even worth it though for me as I'm only 5'1 lol, and yeah mine have faded to white but since I've got quite tanned skin they are still prominent unfortunately
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
The growth spurt wasn't even worth it though for me as I'm only 5'1 lol, and yeah mine have faded to white but since I've got quite tanned skin they are still prominent unfortunately

Awk don't worry about it, I'm still growing and recently got a big red stretch mark on the back of my leg, close to my knee which is so annoying since its summer and can't wear shorts! I'm sure yours will continue to fade. If you feel insecure about it you could always wear tights if you want to wear skirts or shorts I guess. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending