The Student Room Group

How disgusting do men find stretch marks?

I have a lot of stretch marks from puberty and gain weigh. Now I’m slim and they are still here. I don’t believe that “most men don’t know what stretch marks are” and I don’t really care about how they’re natural and etc, bc it doesn’t make them prettier in my eyes. I don’t need a perfect prince or whatever bc I’m not a princess too. Be honest please.
Reply 1
Original post by Han~na
I have a lot of stretch marks from puberty and gain weigh. Now I’m slim and they are still here. I don’t believe that “most men don’t know what stretch marks are” and I don’t really care about how they’re natural and etc, bc it doesn’t make them prettier in my eyes. I don’t need a perfect prince or whatever bc I’m not a princess too. Be honest please.

They’re very hard to notice, and even if we do notice them, I’d say 8/10 chance he doesn’t care if it’s not 9/10. But I’ll be honest - it’s true that most of us don’t even know what they are. It will definitely bother you more than it’ll ever bother him, assuming he cares at all
Original post by Han~na

Many men, i think, like the natural look. As long as you are proportional and look healthy, you should be fine.

If you want an ideal shape, it would be the pear shape.
Reply 3
Original post by j25_8
They’re very hard to notice, and even if we do notice them, I’d say 8/10 chance he doesn’t care if it’s not 9/10. But I’ll be honest - it’s true that most of us don’t even know what they are. It will definitely bother you more than it’ll ever bother him, assuming he cares at all

In my case they are very noticeable and deep. They’re already white but you can easily see them without even focusing on my legs. So I kinda can’t imagine how sb wouldn’t be disgusted.
Reply 4
Original post by Wired_1800
Many men, i think, like the natural look. As long as you are proportional and look healthy, you should be fine.

If you want an ideal shape, it would be the pear shape.

Yes, but some believe that stretch marks make you look dirty and I would agree bc back then I let myself gain so much weight that the situation with my puberty went even worse than it was.
Original post by Han~na
Yes, but some believe that stretch marks make you look dirty and I would agree bc back then I let myself gain so much weight that the situation with my puberty went even worse than it was.

I dont know where you got that from. I have never heard any lad say that stretch marks make females look dirty.
i am a boy and dont know what the stretch marks are
Reply 7
Original post by Wired_1800
I dont know where you got that from. I have never heard any lad say that stretch marks make females look dirty.

I saw a few times, so kinda generalized I guess…
Original post by Han~na

Just avoid those men then. They sound like losers anyway so not worth your time.
Original post by Han~na

Those boys are clowns. Men dont care about stretch marks. If a woman has a nicely shaped body, men don't care about marks.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
i am a boy and dont know what the stretch marks are

Ugly red, pink and when healed white stripes on the skin. They can be very deep or not but in any case they have texture, so when you squeeze this skin it looks deformed.
Original post by Han~na
Ugly red, pink and when healed white stripes on the skin. They can be very deep or not but in any case they have texture, so when you squeeze this skin it looks deformed.

you said ugly in first word so they might definetly be. but if you cant remove them you should not worry.
Original post by Han~na

Men are not immune from stretch marks themselves either, I think it is important to remember, but why would you worry about someone's opinion if they base it purely on how you look? Be yourself and the right person will come along :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by CamembertPaws
Men are not immune from stretch marks themselves either, I think it is important to remember, but why would you worry about someone's opinion if they base it purely on how you look? Be yourself and the right person will come along :smile:

People have preferences. If he is disgusted by my skin, it doesn’t mean that he is bad. Or that he can’t see my beautiful features. But it wouldn’t completely change his perception of my skin.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
you said ugly in first word so they might definetly be. but if you cant remove them you should not worry.

Actually I’m more worried about the number of them bc even my mother has lass stretch marks than I do. Imagine me after getting pregnant in the future - it’s a nightmare. It’s impossible to erase them completely bc scars are scars but in my case it’s not a priority. Moreover, I don’t earn enough to spend so much money on my skin.
I realize that I can’t really change anything at least now and I did the best I could in my circumstances - lost 20 kilograms but it doesn’t really help bc I’m already dirty.
Original post by Han~na
Actually I’m more worried about the number of them bc even my mother has lass stretch marks than I do. Imagine me after getting pregnant in the future - it’s a nightmare. It’s impossible to erase them completely bc scars are scars but in my case it’s not a priority. Moreover, I don’t earn enough to spend so much money on my skin.
I realize that I can’t really change anything at least now and I did the best I could in my circumstances - lost 20 kilograms but it doesn’t really help bc I’m already dirty.

keep maintaining your body

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending