The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samiz
Anyway, has anyone seen this? Apparently the Liverpool hotel requirements. https://twitter.com/Sports_Hangout/status/756160915830149120

"Please ensure Henderson and Lallana have bedrooms next to each other." I cannot stand either of them let alone one being our CAPTAIN.

Haha hilarious - I wonder why they need a room next to each other?
LOL at the poster on the previous page who put Moreno ahead of Gomez? Remember how he lost you the Europa League, whilst Gomez was looking really good until his injury. Also, Gomez can play anywhere across the back line.

Also, just LOL if you think you're going to beat ManGOATer United this season. Enjoy seeing this line up tearing you lads a new one:

De Gea
Darmian Smalling Bailly Shaw
Pogba Schweinsteiger
Rashford Mikhitaryan Martial
Ibrahimovic
No ambition from Liverpool. Its like you want to solidify your position as a mid-level club.
Original post by richpanda
LOL at the poster on the previous page who put Moreno ahead of Gomez? Remember how he lost you the Europa League, whilst Gomez was looking really good until his injury. Also, Gomez can play anywhere across the back line.

Also, just LOL if you think you're going to beat ManGOATer United this season. Enjoy seeing this line up tearing you lads a new one:

De Gea
Pogba Schweinsteiger
Ibrahimovic

He made two goal conceding mistakes against West Ham and United prior to his injury, we can't assume that he would of defensively been better than Moreno considering his inexperience.
(edited 7 years ago)

De Gea
Pogba Schweinsteiger
Ibrahimovic

What is it with people over-rating youngsters/people who haven't played for ages. Joe Gomez played for a total of 7 games for us. When did he suddenly become a world beater? Moreno played 50 games for us last season. There's going to be a few mistakes.

I'll be honest, that Man Utd doesn't scare me.

Original post by Rk2k14
No ambition from Liverpool. Its like you want to solidify your position as a mid-level club.

Come back when you've signed someone more interesting than a Japanese nobody recently.
(edited 7 years ago)
ManGOATer United? **** me how cringeworthy can you get? :rofl:

De Gea
Pogba Schweinsteiger
Ibrahimovic

Good keeper, overrated 100 million man, you got a snail in midfield. You're defence is gonna be as exposed as Kim Kardashian...

Scary line up? Not at all :lol:
Original post by Malevolent
ManGOATer United? **** me how cringeworthy can you get? :rofl:

It's a joke

Original post by TheLittlestElf
Good keeper, overrated 100 million man, you got a snail in midfield. You're defence is gonna be as exposed as Kim Kardashian...

Scary line up? Not at all :lol:

Not scary? Maybe I didn't highlight this part enough:

Ibrahimoviv

Which leaves a player as good as Mata on the bench. Meanwhile on your bench Milner and Ings rack up 80K a week.
It's a joke

Ibrahimoviv

Which leaves a player as good as Mata on the bench. Meanwhile on your bench Milner and Ings rack up 80K a week.

I agree Martial is exceptional but Rashford is a relatively unproven youngster.
Ibra is old and could just be another Falcao, and Mkhitaryan could struggle to adapt to the BPL like Di Maria did for instance.

On the face of it, you have a great first team and with Mourinho you have a good chance of winning the league.
However it can be dangerous to overestimate when you have both new players AND a new manager.
It's a joke

Ibrahimoviv

Football isn't played on paper. Mikhitaryan did he best work with Aubameyang in front who has pace. Ibra is not going to offer that. Let's not also forget that Dortmund have Reus - as good as Martial's/Rashford's potential is, they ain't Reus yet.

That Mata who Mourinho was desperate to sell?

Milner and Ings were signed on frees. Lallana is most likely to be on the bench who isn't a million miles off Mata.
Thinking about Wijnaldum - Klopp said he wanted a controller previously but no one in our current squad is really that type of player (he doesn't favour Allen). I wonder if the intention is to go back for Dahoud next summer and then Wijnaldum will do a job for us this season in midfield if needed (but with our lesser games, maybe he thinks Can/Henderson can play the majority) and then Wijnaldum is the longer term replacement for Milner - a squad player who can cover almost every position?

Although Milner does look after himself very well so he's easily got a few more years at Liverpool if he wants so maybe I'm jumping the gun..
Alex Mannaiger signed, one year deal.
Original post by mr tim
Alex Mannaiger signed, one year deal.

I don't see why though, unless he wants to sell Mignolet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PetrosAC

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will be signed as a 3rd choice keeper. Mignolet and Karius will be fighting out for 1st and 2nd choice.
****ing hell!

Dortmund have signed Andre Schurrle from Wolfsburg.

So that means their front 4 at the moment would most likely be:

Aubameyang
Reus Gotze Schurrle

:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He'll be our 3rd choice GK for emergency cover. I think Ward was cover for last season but we want him to go on loan and get experience.
Original post by Zerforax
****ing hell!

Dortmund have signed Andre Schurrle from Wolfsburg.

So that means their front 4 at the moment would most likely be:

Aubameyang
Reus Gotze Schurrle

:eek:

Dortmund got no chill
He'll be our 3rd choice GK for emergency cover. I think Ward was cover for last season but we want him to go on loan and get experience.

I've only just realised he's the former Arsenal + Juve keeper. Confused him with someone else xD

Looks to be a wise signing. Maybe a year as 3rd choice before getting a coaching role?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've only just realised he's the former Arsenal + Juve keeper. Confused him with someone else xD

Looks to be a wise signing. Maybe a year as 3rd choice before getting a coaching role?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could be. Or might just be we want someone short term with a view to Ward coming back?
Could be. Or might just be we want someone short term with a view to Ward coming back?

Of course. Though I suspect he'll be a useful voice in the changing room

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest