The Student Room Group

I'm in my boxers at home all the time- is it weird?

So when I'm at home in the summer, I just stay in my boxers since it's hot outside and I can't handle anything even slightly warm. I live with my parents and my brothers, who sometimes do the same thing, or sometimes wear a shirt and boxers. My parents wear normal clothes at home though.

Is this weird? Is it not appropriate and is it too little clothing to wear? My dad is one of those alpha masculine types (I'm not exactly alpha although I do lift) and he tells us that we're men and can wear what we want as long as we cover the important parts but is this right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by swervybang
So when I'm at home in the summer, I just stay in my boxers since it's hot outside and I can't handle anything even slightly warm. I live with my parents and my brothers, who sometimes do the same thing, or sometimes wear a shirt and boxers. My parents wear normal clothes at home though.
Is this weird? Is it not appropriate and is it too little clothing to wear? My dad is one of those alpha masculine types (I'm not exactly alpha although I do lift) and he tells us that we're men and can wear what we want as long as we cover the important parts but is this right?

This is an AMA
we ask u questions m8 :facepalm:

Spoiler

And so my question is this:
What is your favourite car engine component? You will be marked in your explanation, spelling, punctuation and grammar. Bonus marks if you include a reference to liquid nitrogen :mmm: [7 marks]
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
This is an AMA
we ask u questions m8 :facepalm:

Spoiler

And so my question is this:
What is your favourite car engine component? You will be marked in your explanation, spelling, punctuation and grammar. Bonus marks if you include a reference to liquid nitrogen :mmm: [7 marks]

I don't know. Liquid nitrogen is good.
I don't know. Liquid nitrogen is good.

1 final chance
(otherwise u get -10/7)
Reply 4
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
1 final chance
(otherwise u get -10/7)

No I really don't care lol. I don't know anything about car engines.

Well, at least you're not wearing briefs...

You'd put on clothes if you had friends over though, right?
Reply 7
I wear a three piece just in case Theresa May comes over for tea.
No I really don't care lol. I don't know anything about car engines.

urgh -10 it is then
just make it up dude

I'll ignore it as an AMA and take it as a question! It depends what people in your house do, from what you've said no one seems to mind too much. If there are other people in the house I would normally just wear shorts and a t-shirt if it was hot as I would be a bit self concious just walking around in my boxers. That said, if there's not anyone around then I sometimes do.
Reply 10
Original post by Platopus
Well, at least you're not wearing briefs...

You'd put on clothes if you had friends over though, right?

Yeah of course haha
Of course it's normal. Guys often walk around in their undies- you're not being inappropriate unless a guest comes.

Yes. My dad says practically the same things and he walks around in his boxers all year basically and me and my brothers most of the time do the same but I mostly just do it out of convenience, as opposed to the rest of my male family who strip down practically as soon as they enter. I do kind of agree with my dad and yours.

Quick Reply

Latest