The Student Room Group

Best A-Levels for Psychology?

Hi,
I am currently in my final year of GCSE's and I am going to be choosing my A-Levels very soon.
I want to be able to do a Psychology degree at uni, but am unsure of what A-Levels uni's like.
I am currently thinking about taking English Literature, Psychology, History, Biology, Chemistry, and Sociology.
Are there others I should consider, and out of these which three would you advise I take?
Thank you.
Original post by moon.png
Hi,
I am currently in my final year of GCSE's and I am going to be choosing my A-Levels very soon.
I want to be able to do a Psychology degree at uni, but am unsure of what A-Levels uni's like.
I am currently thinking about taking English Literature, Psychology, History, Biology, Chemistry, and Sociology.
Are there others I should consider, and out of these which three would you advise I take?
Thank you.

As an example, here is what KCL want in order to study a psychology degree there.
"AAA including at least one of: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics or Psychology. Additionally, minimum grade B in GCSE English Language and Mathematics"

Personally, I would keep psychology (obviously) and biology and then whatever else you enjoy the most. I know maths is very important at degree level as there's a lot of statistics to go through, so keep that in mind.
Reply 2
Having done a psychology degree I would say definitely take biology as there is more in psychology than you would expect, probably also psychology and one other. The best thing to do if you aren't sure is to check the entry requirements with the unis you are interested in and see what they want.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by moon.png
Hi,
Thank you.

Definitely Psychology! Possible another essay based A Level too?

Biology is another good shout too as Sparkle says there's an unexpected amount of it at degree level but not 100% necessary (I've done okay with just AS Biology)

Quick Reply

Latest