The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
Ikr I'm withdrawing from Cambridge and applying there instead

Make Cambridge Great Again!

We need to build a wall around the other place and they are going to pay for it.
Original post by Insight314
Most people are idiots. There is a reason why his acting as an idiot has got him this much support. Read "The Art of The Deal", first chapter literally explains why he speaks with such catch-phrases and all. It's all about getting the support. If you've seen his speech on foreign policy, you would see how presidential he could be but that is not how support is won, or at least not until he is a president.

Maybe I'm overestimating the American public. Don't get me wrong, I prefer Trump to Hillary, I just really dislike how childish his politics are. Like when he jokingly hinted about people using the 2nd amendment to assassinate Hillary. He should know that some nutjobs in his ranks might take that literally... and the worst thing that can happen to Trump is Hillary getting assassinated.

The reaction from the establishment and media especially. It is sickening how corrupt they are, and yet the democrat cucks would prefer a crook like Shillary over someone like Trump.

The media isn't entirely corrupt - its just controversy sells. Political correctness makes an increasing number of things controversial. The media looks for soundbites to make you look bad. Remember how the media claimed the AfD leader "said refugee children should be shot" when she said police should use force if necessary, as a last resort. $$$
(edited 7 years ago)
No, they're mine :colonhash:

That does sound fun tbh. I used a song to learn one of the cycles in A2 biology I kept forgetting:

JPCs5pn7UNI

I sing it to my brother sometimes

Haww sharing is caring. And those notes are gorgeous

Yeah lol. We'd made up that song and set it to music and stuff
That moment when you log in to tsr after 4 days and you need to go back 11 pages to pick up where you left off :biggrin: :biggrin:

And in the time that you go through those 11 pages two new pages have come up :lol:
@Insight since you're maths with physics have you been doing any Phys? I've been picking up some basic Lagrangian Hamiltonian Poisson bracket stuff
Original post by physicsmaths
You know we are at low points if we considered applying for natsci(i did once upon a time when i thought i was good at physics LOL)
Well, not me I know the only subject I could apply for was maths at Cam because im just so **** at everything other then maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. So much yes to that. I'm maths with physics so for a long time it was a tug of war between natsci and maths for me. But yeah the second thoughts come along right when I worrying about whether the STEP will come through or not
Original post by krishdesai7
@Insight since you're maths with physics have you been doing any Phys? I've been picking up some basic Lagrangian Hamiltonian Poisson bracket stuff

I haven't been doing any Physics. I did some Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics from Susskund last summer, and been reading Feynman's lectures, but other than that I have been immersed with the maths courses of IA (V&M, Groups and Analysis I).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone in this article got rejected with A*A*A*A*A from Camb (and their insurance)
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/aug/13/my-results-spelled-out-end-10-stories-of-how-to-cope-with-disappointing-a-level-results

Guess they were a mathmo, missed STEP

Looking at those grades makes my head hurt
Someone in this article got rejected with A*A*A*A*A from Camb (and their insurance)
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/aug/13/my-results-spelled-out-end-10-stories-of-how-to-cope-with-disappointing-a-level-results

I didn't need to see that :unimpressed:

They probably flopped STEP big time.

Is there a U grade in STEP?

You cant say that. They may well have got 1,2. The Alevel results will not sway their decisions on missed offers or summer pool spots. Essentially everyone who misses their offer does because of step and very many get 3,4,5 or even 6 A*s
Is there a U grade in STEP?

S,1,2,3,U

Yes I'm guessing they missed STEP badly and maybe the A was in a required A* subject like FM. Cambridge would forgive the A in FM if they had hit STEP, and the insurance (probably Warwick) was strict on the A-level requirement.

And there's no point doing 5 A-levels if it compromises your ability to meet a 3 A-level Offer...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2514
Original post by newblood
You cant say that. They may well have got 1,2. The Alevel results will not sway their decisions on missed offers or summer pool spots. Essentially everyone who misses their offer does because of step and very many get 3,4,5 or even 6 A*s

I doubt they would've also missed their insurance if they got the likes of 1,2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown:
Original post by newblood
S,1,2,3,U

I see
Original post by jneill
Yes I'm guessing they missed STEP badly and maybe the A was in a required A* subject like FM. Cambridge would forgive the A in FM if they had hit STEP, and (probably Warwick) was strict on the A-level requirement.

And there's no point doing 5 A-levels if it compromises your ability to meet a 3 A-level Offer...

Tip for any prospective applicants reading this!
Original post by fa991
I doubt they would've also missed their insurance if they got the likes of 1,2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is true. They could have gotten anywhere from 2,2 downards.

My point is that many (hundreds) will have excellent alevels, all A*s, and missed their offers due to STEP but it doesnt mean they obtained a terrible score.

Sadly, the Alevel grades are practically negligible at this stage, only carrying importance if they have been missed
13920930_945761562217244_890747730975971185_n.jpg

Latest

Trending

Trending