The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Ikr U3 and they rejected so many with 11 ****ing stupid.
In what world is U3 trumping 11

Maybe some extenuating circumstances (lost both hands before sat the exam?), or positive action (maybe it was a retired black lesbian transgender...?), or connections.
(edited 7 years ago)
It begs the question as to why someone with
U3 is put in the summerpool and I wasn't with 1,3.
What a load of ******** honestly.
Original post by EnglishMuon
idk, i hope it was one of those extenuating circumstances situations where they are quite forgiving of some bad situation they are in. but still id have a breakdown or somehting if i got an S and was rejected.

Seriously a U well i mean idk.
Either this oerson got a gold at the IMO or some dos picked him out cause he knew them.
Original post by Serine Soul
In a world where money and connections rules everything

Their dad probably promised them a donation of a few million. I mean, how else are Trinity so wealthy?

They originally received an offer from Trinity but it was Peterhouse who let them in through the summer pool. (page 7: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/343435/response/846726/attach/2/FOI%202016%20307%20Worth%20response%20letter%20and%20data.pdf)

Just remember folks, no one piece of information is ever considered in isolation and no particular weighting is applied to anything! /s
A levels remember

Still cambridge always say how alevels dont matter at that stage and its step which is a far far better predictor of success.

Im ashamed I wont lie
Original post by newblood
Still cambridge always say how alevels dont matter at that stage and its step which is a far far better predictor of success.

Im ashamed I wont lie

So many sorry to say *****er candidates with 2,2 and 1,3 getting in over kids who got 1,1 and even S,1 it is just ridiculous. Moral of the story don't apply to trinty and make sure you meet ur offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Forecast
They originally received an offer from Trinity but it was Peterhouse who let them in through the summer pool. (page 7: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/343435/response/846726/attach/2/FOI%202016%20307%20Worth%20response%20letter%20and%20data.pdf)

Just remember folks, no one piece of information is ever considered in isolation and no particular weighting is applied to anything! /s

whoevers sending this stuff from FOI is just lazy and making stuff up.

The summerpool figures dont even agree with the Cambridge apply stats. Its all BS
Seriously a U well i mean idk.
Either this oerson got a gold at the IMO or some dos picked him out cause he knew them.

yea probably they shouldve asked them to reapply another year, fa. But as a positive that means ull be the one doing supervisions for the 2nd/3rd years who need u to teach them step level counting
whoevers sending this stuff from FOI is just lazy and making stuff up.

The summerpool figures dont even agree with the Cambridge apply stats. Its all BS

Well both the Trinity FOI and the University admissions office FOI report that someone was let in through the summer pool in 2014, having acheived U,3 in STEP.
Original post by Forecast

Prsom
So many sorry to say *****er candidates with 2,2 and 1,3 getting in over kids who got 1,1 and even S,1 it is just ridiculous. Moral of the story don't apply to trinty and make sure you meet ur offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Affirmative action bullsh*t, or just connections. Either way that sh*t is f*cked up.
@newblood is it true you are Mathmo
Lol and some guy with a 11 offer got 11 but rejected. What a diss

I haven't d/checked the data but are we sure they were rejected, rather than them declining to take the place. Perhaps they went to MIT instead or something...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
Affirmative action bullsh*t, or just connections. Either way that sh*t is f*cked up.

Itd be nice to see a load of parody specsavers adverts with the slogan "Should've applied to King's"
Original post by jneill
I haven't d/checked the data but are we sure they were rejected, rather than them declining to take the place. Perhaps they went to MIT instead or something...

Posted from TSR Mobile

The data has one person saying 'deckined the offer' so i think it has distinguished between them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says "Declined" if they have declined their place on that specific FOI. I know what you mean, and that's why on PM's FOI there are a few SS applicants who were allegedly rejected, but they have probably just declined their place. However, for that FOI you can see one person's place says "Declined" on the column for acceptances.
@newblood is it true you are Mathmo

Yh he is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did he just finish IA?
Did he just finish IA?

Yep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought he was STEP tbh. Which college is he?

Latest

Trending

Trending