The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by natalia.medicine
Thank you again!

How did your application to Imperial go? If you had an interview, how was it like?
How did your application to Imperial go? If you had an interview, how was it like?

I got an offer and met my conditions on Tuesday

My interview was a bit bleh, had some moments where I thought I didn't really answer the questions they asked but overall I think it went well. You can find most of the stuff they'll ask you in the many freedom of information requests on their A100 course, which I had a look at beforehand and I think that really helped me figure out what exactly I wanted to say at the interview itself.
Original post by not you
I got an offer and met my conditions on Tuesday

My interview was a bit bleh, had some moments where I thought I didn't really answer the questions they asked but overall I think it went well. You can find most of the stuff they'll ask you in the many freedom of information requests on their A100 course, which I had a look at beforehand and I think that really helped me figure out what exactly I wanted to say at the interview itself.

Congratulations! That's amazing. Good luck. Thanks for the advice. I was just wondering -if you don't mind sharing- how many A*s at GCSEs did you have?
Congratulations! That's amazing. Good luck. Thanks for the advice. I was just wondering -if you don't mind sharing- how many A*s at GCSEs did you have?

Thanks and I didn't do GCSEs (scottish) so none I guess, I had 8 As at National 5 though (we only go up to an A)
Hiya
Got my place at Imperial, was wondering who else secured a place too!
Cant wait to start in October
Original post by ScarletRose
Hiya
Got my place at Imperial, was wondering who else secured a place too!
Cant wait to start in October

Look forward to welcoming you all :smile:
Original post by usycool1
Look forward to welcoming you all :smile:
Hehe cant wait

Would you mind me asking you 1000 questions?
:colondollar:
Original post by ScarletRose
Hehe cant wait

Would you mind me asking you 1000 questions?
:colondollar:

Go for it - feel free to ask here or by PM. :smile:
Heyy, did anyone get an acknowledgement email when they sent off the vaccination form? I got replies back for the DBS form and health questionnaire but still nothing for this one??? (Super stressing out omg idk if they got it?? )
Original post by strawberrypie
Heyy, did anyone get an acknowledgement email when they sent off the vaccination form? I got replies back for the DBS form and health questionnaire but still nothing for this one??? (Super stressing out omg idk if they got it?? )

Yes - I received confirmation that I had sent both the vaccination form and the questionnaire.

Email the team at occupational health and they should help you!
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know if we have to buy scrubs?
I was hoping to apply for 2017 entry but I am "too young" apparently and as a result will get "rejected automatically."
All because my birthday is 1 month after the course starts. Like, how is that even my fault?!?!?!
Original post by .......Jeff458
I was hoping to apply for 2017 entry but I am "too young" apparently and as a result will get "rejected automatically."
All because my birthday is 1 month after the course starts. Like, how is that even my fault?!?!?!

Why not apply to deferred entry so you will be 18 by the time you start the course in 2018? :smile:
Original post by GDbubbles
Why not apply to deferred entry so you will be 18 by the time you start the course in 2018? :smile:

That's a whole year out! Just because my birthday is 30 days later. May as well apply elsewhere.

I don't understand what difference they think 30 days will make to me as a person!?
Applying for medicine. GCSE:4A* 6As 1B(Welsh First language) + Distinction in additional MathsAlevels:AAAA(Bio, Chem, Phys and Maths) with 7/9exams 90%+ UMS.Predictions:A*A*A*(Bio Chem & Maths)BMAT:h:opefully will get a strong BMAT! Will be revising like no other exam😂😂

PS:
Have been told by teachers and ex-admissions tutors that it is very strong.

I'm already applying to Cambridge and I'm worried its dull applying to two BMAT unis? I have heard Imperial is a BMAT heavy uni? Just wondering if anyone can give me an indication of if I'd be likely to get an interview at Imperial and if so could you outline the sort of things they're looking for?
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
Applying for medicine. GCSE:4A* 6As 1B(Welsh First language) + Distinction in additional MathsAlevels:AAAA(Bio, Chem, Phys and Maths) with 7/9exams 90%+ UMS.Predictions:A*A*A*(Bio Chem & Maths)BMAT:h:opefully will get a strong BMAT! Will be revising like no other exam😂😂

PS:
Have been told by teachers and ex-admissions tutors that it is very strong.

I'm already applying to Cambridge and I'm worried its dull applying to two BMAT unis? I have heard Imperial is a BMAT heavy uni? Just wondering if anyone can give me an indication of if I'd be likely to get an interview at Imperial and if so could you outline the sort of things they're looking for?

Hii,
I'm applying to Oxford and Imperial.
😭🙃
Imperial IS a BMAT heavy university. That said a score between 5.5 and 6.0, i feel would be a good score for an interview.
Persnal statement requirements, I won't really be able to enlighten you that much, I checked the website and they list the attributes they are looking for. My #1 advice for personal statment is a niceee reflection of your experiences (but you pribs already knew that)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bright_Gift
Hii,
I'm applying to Oxford and Imperial.
😭🙃
Imperial IS a BMAT heavy university. That said a score between 5.5 and 6.0, i feel would be a good score for an interview.
Persnal statement requirements, I won't really be able to enlighten you that much, I checked the website and they list the attributes they are looking for. My #1 advice for personal statment is a niceee reflection of your experiences (but you pribs already knew that)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thanks for your help bro. Nice to find somene else applying! Good luck with your applications mate! Where else are you applying?
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
Yeah thanks for your help bro. Nice to find somene else applying! Good luck with your applications mate! Where else are you applying?

Definitely Birmingham, I'm not sure of the 4th option.
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bright_Gift
Definitely Birmingham, I'm not sure of the 4th option.
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying to Cambridge, Imperial, Barts & Bristol😊
When does Imperial send out rejections?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending