The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Clearing Question

Hi

I got off the phone from Exeter admissions about 3 hours ago. I applied for a course I'm interested in via clearing. I have exceeded the entry requirements so was hoping for a straightforward yes or no. I've been told the admissions tutor will ring me back sometime. Any ideas how long this might take. I'm worried the course or accommodation will fill up! I was under the impression that normally with clearing you are offered the place then and there on the phone. Maybe I'm wrong about that?

Original post by ed98
Hi

I got off the phone from Exeter admissions about 3 hours ago. I applied for a course I'm interested in via clearing. I have exceeded the entry requirements so was hoping for a straightforward yes or no. I've been told the admissions tutor will ring me back sometime. Any ideas how long this might take. I'm worried the course or accommodation will fill up! I was under the impression that normally with clearing you are offered the place then and there on the phone. Maybe I'm wrong about that?

Double check your email, otherwise give them a call to ask for an update :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by ed98
Hi

Original post by claireestelle
Double check your email, otherwise give them a call to ask for an update :smile:

THIS (and take names and job titles of whoever you speak to)

Universities don't generally make phone offers any more because of competition regulations - they take your details, look at your application and make email offers with all the small print included.

Don't stop at just one clearing option though - there are a lot out there so the more choice the better.

Noone can refer themselves on Track until 3pm so you aren't missing out on accommodation - and the only person deciding if the course is full or not is sat on your application doing nothing at the moment.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
THIS (and take names and job titles of whoever you speak to)

Universities don't generally make phone offers any more because of competition regulations - they take your details, look at your application and make email offers with all the small print included.

Don't stop at just one clearing option though - there are a lot out there so the more choice the better.

Noone can refer themselves on Track until 3pm so you aren't missing out on accommodation - and the only person deciding if the course is full or not is sat on your application doing nothing at the moment.

Thanks to both of you for responding.

This course is definitely my first choice, even if I wasn't going through clearing. The website states usual offer is AAB - ABB, I got AAA so I was quite hopeful. The course seems to have disappeared from Exeters clearing vacancies. Does this perhaps suggest I was unsuccessful?

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending