The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I Missed my engineering offer by one grade. Can I apply to same college next year? If I apply how much the conditions of the offer will change? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medic_12345
Omg!! I've been fished from the pool! Medicine at Homerton college

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats babe :heart:
Original post by Serine Soul
Congrats babe :heart:

Thank you!! 💖 and congratulations to you!! I remember you worrying and look at what we've done now 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

btw is this sock monkey thing legit? Cus if so I'd like Harambe wearing this tshirt please
CLOTUN0051-2.jpg
Original post by jweo
Yup. I got an email from Peterhouse for maths at quarter to 4 offering me a place :smile: I'm over the moon. Track still hasn't updated though...

Original post by Medic_12345
Omg!! I've been fished from the pool! Medicine at Homerton college

That's great! Congratulations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jweo
Yup. I got an email from Peterhouse for maths at quarter to 4 offering me a place :smile: I'm over the moon. Track still hasn't updated though...

Congratulations you must be really happy, you deserved it.
I was rejected from the pool :frown:, may I just ask what grades you achieved?
Original post by jkhan9625
I Missed my engineering offer by one grade. Can I apply to same college next year? If I apply how much the conditions of the offer will change? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Theres no point re-applying to any college unless you at least meet the typical requirement and ideally exceed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey @Ayman! Just seen that you're considering Phys NatSci :biggrin: Do it! Join us!
Reply 3608
Original post by mubmoh
Congratulations you must be really happy, you deserved it.
I was rejected from the pool :frown:, may I just ask what grades you achieved?

My offer was 1,1 in STEP 2 and 3 from Trinity, but I got a mid 1 and low 2 respectively (I think I got unlucky in STEP 3 and made silly mistakes which stopped me from continuing onto the next part of some questions - maybe they noticed and felt that I had just had a bad day, idk). I did IB instead of A-levels, and got 43/45 for my 6 subjects, with 7s in all my highers (including a 7th subject - self-taught further maths, and the other three: higher maths, physics, and chemistry)

I'm sorry to hear you were rejected. I almost know how it feels since I had convinced myself I wouldn't be taken from the pool. But at the end of the day, maths is maths and I'm sure you'll enjoy studying it wherever you end up going (assuming you were pooled for maths, and i'm sure the same applies for the rest). Good luck wherever you go :smile:
Anyone get in to study PBS? :smile:
Reply 3610
I got fished from the pool by Homerton!

Must be in the fairly unusual position of having applied for 2016 entry, then got fished by Queens' in the winter pool and offered 2017 entry, and then Homerton offering 2016 if I want it. (But letting me choose between that and 2017).

Just want to say thanks to @jneill and @Peterhouse Admissions for their help and replies, especially with regards to the pool.
Original post by felecita
Oh back to the good old days :lol: I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing now, as I missed my insurance (UCL) too. Basically what happened is that I needed A* maths for both, I missed it by 2 UMS but got an easy A* in FM. Teachers were getting me to play the whole FM is harder so clearly I can do maths and just had a bad exam card, but UCL told me to get lost. Sent my UMS to Cambridge but not sure they'll care as I was flat out rejected and not left pending or whatever. Also sent for remarks but not expecting anything.

Sorry for the essay :redface: I feel like you got results last year? But if not, hope they went great!

Oh, that sure sucks ;_; I'm really sorry to hear that. :console: I could have seen you at UCL :cry: Hope something works out for you :h:

Yup, I left school last year. My gap years is coming to an end C:
Reply 3612
Original post by RyanW97
Any engineers here?

Me, but 99% I'm deferring a year.
Original post by jweo
Good luck wherever you go :smile:

Congrats man, you defo deserved it. :smile: And hopefully you enjoy your time at Cambridge.
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Hey @Ayman! Just seen that you're considering Phys NatSci :biggrin: Do it! Join us!

Ah, you saw that. :colondollar:

I'm being a little ambitious applying to Cambridge, hahah - I'd love to join if they do let me. :redface:
Original post by EnglishMuon
btw is this sock monkey thing legit? Cus if so I'd like Harambe wearing this tshirt please
CLOTUN0051-2.jpg

You'll find them on sale at ryder and aimes in a choice of primate species, colleges and colours...

Do you really want one? I wouldn't mind having something to fill up my time until October aha
Original post by Ayman!
Ah, you saw that. :colondollar:

I'm being a little ambitious applying to Cambridge, hahah - I'd love to join if they do let me. :redface:

You never know until you've tried - there's nothing wrong with a little bit of ambition :wink:

(Your UMS for Physics is the same as mine so I would like to think they would accept you :biggrin: Also the fact that we took Edexcel Physics in the first place should be an extenuating circumstance :rofl:)
You'll find them on sale at ryder and aimes in a choice of primate species, colleges and colours...

Do you really want one? I wouldn't mind having something to fill up my time until October aha

Haha it'd be great if you honestly wouldn't mind XD
Original post by EnglishMuon
Haha it'd be great if you honestly wouldn't mind XD

No problem! PM me with what you really want and any specific colours or stripes on the monkey body etc
Original post by ab66
I got fished from the pool by Homerton!

Must be in the fairly unusual position of having applied for 2016 entry, then got fished by Queens' in the winter pool and offered 2017 entry, and then Homerton offering 2016 if I want it. (But letting me choose between that and 2017).

Just want to say thanks to @jneill and @Peterhouse Admissions for their help and replies, especially with regards to the pool.

Congrats :smile:
Which college did you apply to initially out of curiosity?

Latest

Trending

Trending