The Student Room Group

Muslims: what do you think of Muslims who drink alcohol?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
Just putting this out there- there are some sins which are bigger than others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that's correct.
Original post by eden3
:smile:

Dude your making so many threads!!
I don't have any opinion regrading the matter. I know muslims who were drinking but soon stopped and repented. It is between them and God, and to be honest I don't blame the. It can be hard to not drink in uni when all your friends drink!!!:smile:
Reply 42
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Dude your making so many threads!!
I don't have any opinion regrading the matter. I know muslims who were drinking but soon stopped and repented. It is between them and God, and to be honest I don't blame the. It can be hard to not drink in uni when all your friends drink!!!:smile:

I should be revising :tongue:
Original post by eden3
I should be revising :tongue:

Same i have an english and RS exam TOMORROW and here I am on TSR making threads and replying to some. :redface:
Wine is actually very healthy for you and full of anti-cancerous properties, anti-oxidants.

Alcohol is only banned since it MAY lead to uncontrollable actions and thoughts.

BUT, that applies to everything.

Money. Some foods have psychological and physical effects that are detrimental to our health.

I've had alcohol once before as a non-practicing Muslim.

This goes beyond religion in my opinion, not sure about everyone else.
@Results That is Bull****, there are plenty of foods that provide more anti-oxidants than wine that don't suffer from the drawbacks. And apparently fasting can have a good effect on your overall health but further research is still necessary to back up this claim.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27371546
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by Results
Wine is actually very healthy for you and full of anti-cancerous properties, anti-oxidants.

Alcohol is only banned since it MAY lead to uncontrollable actions and thoughts.

BUT, that applies to everything.

Money. Some foods have psychological and physical effects that are detrimental to our health.

I've had alcohol once before as a non-practicing Muslim.

This goes beyond religion in my opinion, not sure about everyone else.

I'm sure the cons of drinking wine outweight the pros, in terms of health.... I don't really consider social benefits to be a real benefit, like dude you don't need to lose yourself to have a good time.... I'd say it's like drinking coke and then eating an apple and saying balanced diet, the benefits obtained from drinking wine can come from other sources, which means consuming the benefits from other sources only gives you the good and not the bad that is in wine..... Trust me wine won't become as important as your five a day loool😜😂😂
Original post by a199
I'm sure the cons of drinking wine outweight the pros, in terms of health.... I don't really consider social benefits to be a real benefit, like dude you don't need to lose yourself to have a good time.... I'd say it's like drinking coke and then eating an apple and saying balanced diet, the benefits obtained from drinking wine can come from other sources, which means consuming the benefits from other sources only gives you the good and not the bad that is in wine..... Trust me wine won't become as important as your five a day loool😜😂😂

I see where you're coming from.

I haven't had wine, but in small amounts, wine is MUCH more beneficial than damaging.

Facts bud :smile:
Original post by cbreef
@Results That is Bull****, there are plenty of foods that provide more anti-oxidants than wine that don't suffer from the drawbacks. And apparently fasting can have a good effect on your overall health but further research is still necessary to back up this claim.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27371546

Balanced diet (including eating regularly) > Fasting

In any case.

Fasting is depriving your body from the fuel it needs to run smoothly, put simply.

I was not comparing wine to other foods/drinks.

Wine, as it's own entity, is beneficial in small amounts. [I don't drink wine and never drunk wine]
Not my place to judge
Original post by Results

In any case.

Fasting is depriving your body from the fuel it needs to run smoothly, put simply.

Wine, as it's own entity, is beneficial in small amounts. [I don't drink wine and never drunk wine]

Very slightly beneficial, I mean it's silly how exaggerated these claims are. But that's another thing, we don't know yet what effects fasting really has on your health, so you can't say that.
Reply 51
Original post by inhuman
I can link random websites too and quote from them:*

"Dehydration is common during a fast. The body continues to lose water and salts through breathing, perspiring and urinating."

"Lack of food and water, changes of routine and shorter periods of sleep can cause stress. "

"People who regularly inject insulin are advised not to fast, as the potential risk to health both in the short and long term of not taking insulin is too great. People who have their diabetes under control using tablets should seek careful advice from their GP before starting a fast."

*I even found the same nhs livewell website that you used. How silly do you look now?

There have been many relatively new scientific studies that have suggested the benefits of intermittent fasting. Go look into it
Reply 52
lol
Original post by Results

In any case.

Wow this is old. But anyways, Christians are also meant to drink in small amounts but many of them don't. To me it makes sense to ban it completely.
mayne watchu tawkin you damn heathen
Reply 55
Original post by donutellme
mayne watchu tawkin you damn heathen

mayyyyyynneee get da F*** up awf me, you got too much dick cheese acshun goin on
Original post by eden3
mayyyyyynneee get da F*** up awf me, you got too much dick cheese acshun goin on

MAYNE **** you, I use right guard all over this *****, I call it dick cheese killer

Trust me, I got some professional advice on this ****

(It was unlicensed tho)

https://youtu.be/kwuNhSMofCs
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by donutellme
MAYNE **** you, I use right guard all over this *****, I call it dick cheese killer

Trust me, I got some professional advice on this ****

(It was unlicensed tho)

https://youtu.be/kwuNhSMofCs

yeeeee right GUAAARRRDD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2_esv1XGI

Mmmmm dick cheese
Perhaps if Muslims like you stopped judging other Muslims, life would be so much better, no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending