The Student Room Group

Laptop for science students?

Is a MacBook Air 256GB enough for a science student (anyone studying biology, Chemsitry, biochemistry, physics)

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a Biology student now and that's much better than my own seven year old MacBook so I'm sure that will be fine :biggrin:

One thing I will mention is Macs are known to work differently to Windows with some programs you may use on your degree. For example, on my course we used the statistics program 'R' and we were taught how to use it on Windows, but on my Mac some of the commands are different. It's not really a problem, but you'll have to spend a little more time working it out than people with Windows.
Original post by Firefly13
I'm a Biology student now and that's much better than my own seven year old MacBook so I'm sure that will be fine :biggrin:

One thing I will mention is Macs are known to work differently to Windows with some programs you may use on your degree. For example, on my course we used the statistics program 'R' and we were taught how to use it on Windows, but on my Mac some of the commands are different. It's not really a problem, but you'll have to spend a little more time working it out than people with Windows.

Thank you
Is this the MacBook Air 256GB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Thank you
Is this the MacBook Air 256GB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I just have the normal MacBook Pro so I'm pretty sure yours is a lot better than mine :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending