The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joddcfc
First tonight was an absolute rocket, he's genuinely such a class player. Our other two league goals he's been involved too - won a penalty and hit the bar to allow the ball to be headed in

I suppose being let off for rape has that effect on a player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Icecream1
Hi Midlander,

I started with optimism for this season too but the squad is quite bare. I went to the only win of the season, which was an entertaining game. Jones was brilliant and Reid will be useful. Midfield looks quite weak without Fleck and Thompson. We need a top 6 finish but a mid table is likely.

Reda has to offered a contract, if he is fit with so many young players, all the experience we can get must be welcome but I don't think Mowbray rates him.

The feedback from those who have been to games is that our players seem petrified about shooting. This is the kind of guff that plagued us under Pressley and it worries me to be relying on a creaky defence to get results. Still I will reserve judgment for now though there has to be an improvement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
The feedback from those who have been to games is that our players seem petrified about shooting. This is the kind of guff that plagued us under Pressley and it worries me to be relying on a creaky defence to get results. Still I will reserve judgment for now though there has to be an improvement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 games in the league, 0 goals! Need to shoot more often and generally take the chances created. Saying that- the Bury game yesterday saw the Sky Blues end the game with 0 shots on target!
3 games in the league, 0 goals! Need to shoot more often and generally take the chances created. Saying that- the Bury game yesterday saw the Sky Blues end the game with 0 shots on target!

Reminds me of a Pressley game with the same statistic. I'm not expecting an Armstrong but strikers have to be ruthless or at least ambitious in taking chances. Saying that these are very early days and I would rather we end the season on fire as opposed to a repeat of last year's debacle after a racing start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reminds me of a Pressley game with the same statistic. I'm not expecting an Armstrong but strikers have to be ruthless or at least ambitious in taking chances. Saying that these are very early days and I would rather we end the season on fire as opposed to a repeat of last year's debacle after a racing start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Post Xmas slump was alarming. Would rather pick up form towards the end of the season and go for a push for the play offs.
Post Xmas slump was alarming. Would rather pick up form towards the end of the season and go for a push for the play offs.

Another **** show today. Must be nice giving morale boosts to the rest of the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great win for Wolves today. 8 from 4 is playoff stuff which is a realistic aim for the club.
Can't really tell how you'll do until after 10 games though.
Another **** show today. Must be nice giving morale boosts to the rest of the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A point today would have been good but a bad mistake and it all goes down the drain very quickly.
Shock today to see Leeds beat Sheffield Wednesday.
4 wins from 4 :banana:
We're top of the league, TOP OF THE LEAAAGUE, WE'RE HUDDERSFIELD TOWN, WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
A draw for Norwich and Ipswich in the East Anglian derby match.
Very happy with the start we've made and the signing of CBJ from Utd. Zenga Bus hasn't shown any sign of derailment yet!
Think Blackburn are ****ed like. Money's on Coyle to be gone before October.
Original post by scriggy
Think Blackburn are ****ed like. Money's on Coyle to be gone before October.

Already planning which Lancashire club to take over next I reckon!
Original post by hskjlclcn
Very happy with the start we've made and the signing of CBJ from Utd. Zenga Bus hasn't shown any sign of derailment yet!

He's far too good for the Championship.

Just hope some clogger doesn't injure him straight away which is what seems to happen to a lot of our Championship loanees

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really that many hardmen left in the championship these days. The Keane-esque midfielder is dying out rapidly.
Original post by sr90
He's far too good for the Championship.

Just hope some clogger doesn't injure him straight away which is what seems to happen to a lot of our Championship loanees

Posted from TSR Mobile

Given our injury record over the last 2 years I wouldn't hold much hope for him. Still exciting times for him to get experience at the best side Kenny Millers ever played for
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37155008

I hope this is a step towards Wimbledon playing in Wimbledon, after Sadiq Khan reversed Boris Johnson's decision.*
Original post by hskjlclcn
Given our injury record over the last 2 years I wouldn't hold much hope for him. Still exciting times for him to get experience at the best side Kenny Millers ever played for

At his age he needs to be playing, makes no sense to stay with us because with Luke Shaw around he'll hardly get a game.

Quick Reply

Latest