The Student Room Group

given verbal offer- track not changed?

i was given a verbal offer and an email confirming the offer on thursday via clearing. Its monday and my UCAS track still shows the university is currently considering your application? I'm scared! is my offer guaranteed ?
Original post by shyam patel
i was given a verbal offer and an email confirming the offer on thursday via clearing. Its monday and my UCAS track still shows the university is currently considering your application? I'm scared! is my offer guaranteed ?

I was in a similar situation, I chased thursday and then again this afternoon and it finally updated. Needless to say they are very busy. I tried to do some research on this and from what I can tell as long as what you said over the phone matches your grades then it seems incredibly unlikely they would renege on the offer and they would have to have a very good reason for doing so.
Reply 2
I'm still waiting for my Ucas Track to update too. I got a verbal offer on Thursday, I also emailed them confirming it after and they told me it was guaranteed. I hope it is because I had to be released into clearing just to get into that particular Uni. So, same boat. C:
Reply 3
Original post by Kreizei
I'm still waiting for my Ucas Track to update too. I got a verbal offer on Thursday, I also emailed them confirming it after and they told me it was guaranteed. I hope it is because I had to be released into clearing just to get into that particular Uni. So, same boat. C:

can they take the offer away tho?
Original post by shyam patel
can they take the offer away tho?

Rarely. If you met the conditions and they offered you the place, you;ve pretty much got the place.
Reply 5
i just got an email saying my track will change today and confirm my offer. They were deciding on my fee status hence the delay!
thank you all for ur replies :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending